October 2021 Condo Contest (Halloween)

Hey everyone!

Its almost October, so its time to announce the next contest.

As we’ve done in the past, the theme for October’s contest is Halloween! :jack_o_lantern:

Feel free to interpret that how you like, whether that means making a haunted forest maze, a creepy basement, a chill Halloween party, or anything else, so long as it follows the rules and reasonably suits the theme.

(EDIT) The submission deadline has been extended to November 5th, 2021 at 11:59 PM CT.

If you’d like to see previous Halloween Condo Contest entries for inspiration, check some out here:

Also, don’t forget that there are some new Condo surface textures available in the game from the most recent update.

Be sure to check out the prizes and follow the rules below.

:fireworks: β†’ CONTEST RESULTS ← :fireworks:

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (100k) may be rewarded to participants when we are pleased with the entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Only submit one entry, and keep it all within one post (unless the forums prevent it). Feel free to update your post until the deadline.

• Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)

• Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.

• Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.

• If you make something in a pre-existing Condo build, or if you significantly rework your condo to fit into the theme, make sure to focus your pictures on the area you’re submitting for the contest. (I strongly encourage these types of builders to submit before and after pictures to help us judge.)

• If you want to submit a WIP build (for example, you started an entry and aren’t going to be able to finish it, but still want to share your work), only do so during the last week of the contest.

• If you won first place in the previous month’s contest, you will still get a participation prize for this contest, but you cannot get a winning placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) again until the next contest.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDS of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
  • Participation prizes (75k) will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting, which I will post a link to in the responses to this thread once I finish setting it up.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

12 Likes

Builder: darkcoolyo
Steam64 ID - 76561198215451145
A spooky hallway complete with a couple drawings I made and some sounds.

The man

Falling down the hole
The mouth

Entering the portal

Trick or treat

21 Likes

Steam Profile: Steam Community :: γ€ŽBaby In A Pipe』
ID64: 76561198036810834

The RAVEYARD
The β€œparty” is about to begin…

Workshop Link
Feel free to explore and Party with your friends!

19 Likes

Steam ID64: 76561198045136690

I remade the Shady Oaks map from UCH in GMod Tower, since it was one of my favorite maps (and it’s a little spooky which fits the halloween theme, I think). I tried to give the map a medieval theme too, since most Little Crusaders maps tend to do that

Screenshots:

Overview

Inn

Workshop / Forge

Bar

Dungeon

9 Likes

This is dope, where can I find more of your art?

1 Like

Thanks lol, it’s @darkcoolyo on twitter.
https://twitter.com/darkcoolyo

2 Likes

just my little club project for the season :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198045981578

SpoOkY DoOkIe HoUse

7 Likes

Steam64 ID - 76561198076264400
Tile - Slasher Graveyard

Processing: 567.mp4…

5 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198041678901

Welcome onboard the Limbo Express! Your final and eternal destination!

We have a green friend that sells snacks and drinks at a very high price,

Enjoy your time by watching your favorite media in the lounge car.

Enjoy pretty scenery.

And meet your new friends!

10 Likes

profile: Steam Community :: Cryomancer
steam64: 76561197993300712

I have made the resort suites and outside into a trick or treat candy hunt. Full of dumb videogame and movie references even I probably only barely get. There’s a total of 9 buckets of candy to find, one hidden in each room/area, with some hints placed as well. I’ve made it available on the workshop, I’d suggest trying it out yourself for the full experience. Try and find them all?

10 Likes

Hi everyone,

Great entries so far!

I’m extending this contest to end on November 5th.

3 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198342078295
This is my house with a Halloween Theater basement.

8 Likes

Steam User: Sith (Sithonious)
Steam ID: 76561198854806751

House of the Damned
You wake up in a dark, uninviting environment and must find an escape…

Build contains a death mechanic (for novelty purposes)
A place to view the newly deceased
And a strange house that doesn’t want you to leave…

Upon waking…

Into the madness…

Special viewing area

TV lowers to reveal Deathbox

This was made keeping a delicate balance between object assets and the visitor’s fps to make sure it’s an enjoyable experience for most, and not daunting at the same time.
I know there are more intricate builds out there, and i’m not shooting for 1rst place here, but i think everyone will enjoy the exp.
and DON’T FORGET TO VOTE

If you’d like to take your own personal tour and i’m not on,
please click this link:

24 Likes

Beautiful work!

2 Likes

Do we still have only till the 27th to get our entry in and voting ends on the 5th?

Or do we have till the 5th to get our entry in?

1 Like

You have until the 5th to get your entry in, and voting will start after that.

1 Like

@BEANOMORPH Please add your Steam ID to your entry.

2 Likes