May/June 2024 Condo Contest (Game World Maps)

Hey everyone, this time the contest is about custom Game World Maps!

Your entry can be for any of the Game Worlds that have Workshop Map SDK support (so Virus, SDNL, or Little Crusaders), and there’s no time requirement for when the map was made!

Unlike previous contests, your entry must be uploaded to the Workshop and playable in TU! (We want maps to be judged on their gameplay and art!)

The submission period ends on June 6th, 2024 at 11:59 PM.

Be sure to look at the prizes and follow the rules below!

:mega: Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units
More Info
  • Participation prizes (100k) are usually rewarded to participants, along with other bonuses for close contenders
  • Depending on the amount of entries, prize amounts may be raised and placements may be adjusted

:mega: Rules:

• Must be appropriate content (no hate speech, nudity, etc.)
  • Only make 1 submission post
  • You can update your post until the deadline
  • The submission cannot be something previously submitted to a Condo Contest.
  • The first place winner(s) of the last Condo Contest for Game World Maps won’t be included in the vote, but they are eligible for the participation prize
Other Rules
  • If a Condo you have submitted to a previous contest has been significantly altered, decorated, redecorated to fit the theme, or has an addition that is the main focus of your images, that is allowed.
  • If a participant is included in a co-op entry and a separate solo entry, their solo entry will be treated as the entry they are submitting, and their participation in the co-op build will be ignored.

:inbox_tray: How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Game World Map as a reply to this thread.

If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images.

• Include your Steam ID or a link to your Steam profile

• Include a link to your entry on the Steam Workshop!

• If you want a specific picture to be the thumbnail in the community vote, label it as the featured picture

• If you are submitting a co-op entry, please say that somewhere in your post

:inbox_tray: Co-Op Submissions:

Info on Co-Op Submissions
  • For co-op builds, only one person should submit the entry, include all participants’ Steam IDs, and mention its a co-op build. Winnings will be divided equally and may be adjusted.

• If people want to submit different parts of a co-op build as individual entries, the areas should be distinct from one another, there shouldn’t be pictures of the same things in multiple posts, and the post should only include one Steam ID.

:incoming_envelope: Voting & Results

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting.

I will post a link to the community vote form in a reply to this thread and in dev-updates on the TU Discord.

I will post the winner announcement in the same places.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything related to the contest, feel free to send me a private message or ask in the thread!

3 Likes

this is my first entry into one of these things :smiley: good luck everynyan

5 Likes

Sin título
Sin título
Sin título

This is my first time participating on a condo contest as well, good luck to the participants

7 Likes

Here’s a map for Virus I just uploaded a couple days ago (and already posted a thread about, not knowing this contest was going to happen lol).

It’s kinda large relative to most of the official maps (probably a bit smaller than Catzek Temple) and has a couple unique features: working elevators and shortcuts that only Infected players can walk through.

Steam ID: 76561198045136690

Workshop Link

Videos

Screenshots

7 Likes

Howdy! Here is my submission: a SDNL map named Stranded. It’s a small map, similar in gameplay to Meadows. Meadows was always my favorite SDNL map, so this is basically that with a bit more cover and better compatibility for gamemodes like CTF and Oddball since there’s a bit more cover. I think it’s definitely still best for gamemodes like Arcade and Gun Game though!

Featured Picture

Aerial View

View from Team A’s Spawn

I hope you enjoy the simple little map!

Workshop Link

My Steam Profile

5 Likes

Steam Profile: /bugc/

… 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐘𝐖𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐓

>>> Steam Workshop::DUKE3D_SDNL du Bug :bug:

Welcome to DUKE3D du Bug.
This is an exact re-creation of the famed Duke Nukem 3D 1996.

This map has taken 110 hours to create, it includes all secret areas, item pickups, working keycards, playable pinball machine, and lots of sprite animations that make it feel like you’re back in the 90’s saving babes.

A condo version is also available on the Workshop.
groovy, baby.

Feature

Thanks to Aman-Anony for the Pinball IO.
dnkroz
balls balls balls balls balls of steel

15 Likes

P r o m e t h e u s

Dive into the dark and captivating world of Prometheus within Tower Unite! Inspired by Ridley Scott’s iconic Alien film, this map invites you on an immersive journey through its mysterious and perilous environments. Explore abandoned space stations, enigmatic caves, and awe-inspiring technological wonders as you encounter the challenges that await. Experience the tension and intrigue of Prometheus in Tower Unite and prepare for a gameplay adventure that will keep you on the edge of your seat. Are you ready to confront the unknown?

Build Time ~ 60 Hours
Features visual effects & timed events

Workshop-Link: Steam Workshop::Prometheus

Steam-Profile: Steam Community :: Christian

Steam-ID: 76561198007803573

10 Likes

Steam Profile: Steam Community :: Snekie
Entry: Steam Workshop::Dustyville (TDM, Arcade, GunGame & CTF)

This is Dustyville, a map I started making maybe a week after Workshop Gameworlds became available and it took me about 4~5 days of work (around 5~6 hours a day)
I was inspired a lot by maps I used to play back in CS 1.6, so I tried to recreate something that feels like a TDM/FFA map from that time, and I’m happy with the result.

What maybe took me the most time was making sure to add invisible geometry around everything the player might’ve gotten stuck on. And from testing (a lot), you can bump into any object and it won’t ever completely stop your movement, it’ll just smoothly slide you to its side so you can just keep on running. No cheeky spots above houses or pixel walks either!)

4 Likes

Immerse yourself in this new innovative experience; powered by advances in I/O, this is an entirely new gamemode built within the framework of Little Crusaders.

In this gamemode, the dragon takes on the role of the player with the goal of shooting down all the knights throughout the round. As the knights spawn randomly throughout the round it is their goal to outrun the dragon’s cursor as it chases them for 45-60 seconds.

The Duck Hunt portion of the map lasts 1 minute, and proceeds to a normal LC arena/gameplay afterwards to provide a chance of winning for the knights.

Featured Image:

Additional Images:

Very heavily inspired by @physicsfox’s Deathrun:

6 Likes

Q3DM17_SDNL

I rebuilt this good old Q3 map piece-by-piece and true-to-scale by using a converted original map as a template for comparison in the editor.

Featured Picture:

Picture 2:

Picture 3:

Bonus Picture of how it all started on May 12th:

Steam Profile

Workshop Link

Once it’s Halloween again I will also try and get two more “Hell Portals” for the mid-level. Unfortunately I can not get those at this time.

8 Likes

[Deathrun] Sewage
(Little Crusaders map)

The dragon has made its home in the village sewers! Run through the gauntlet of sewage equipment and slay the beast before it regains its strength to destroy the village!

This is a fully working Deathrun map in Little Crusaders! Includes 6 unique traps that can be used once per round.

Created by: Megumin (TrashPlus)

Featured Image:

Extra Images:

Workshop Page:

8 Likes

Steam Profile: Baby In A Pipe
ID64: 76561198036810834

SDNL - Exclusively for Arena, CTF & Slasher

King Xanthos’ Tourney
A Melee Weapon Only Map
Champions, welcome! The stars have aligned! The festival is nigh! King Xanthos, mightiest king of all kings, awaits you! The celebration of war has begun!

Workshop Link
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3261410084

Pictures

Custom Armour Pickup

Custom Health Pickup

Videos
The Crowd revels as champions fall.

CANNONS

A Beast lurks within the Gatehouse.

B E L L

-On The Move

11 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’d like to present you my SDNL Map “Touchdown!”
It’s a fully customized Map without any workshop items included!
It is no secret that this Football field is pretty large and open.
But still may need to be carefull.
The field got lately some optimizations.
I hope you guys can check it out sometime and have fun with it. :slight_smile:

Special thanks to Judyzx for makeing the introduction video for me!

Introduction:

Pictures from the Map:

6 Likes

Club Titiboo (Little Crusaders)

Tonda Gossa! Welcome to Club Titiboo, home of the DCMC!

ezgif-5-eeb4ac35dc

Relive your days of being the Ultimate Chimera as you trample down these iconic halls and tunnels reborn as a ferocious dragon!

ezgif-5-ee805ac143

ezgif-5-d56adc715c

This map is a complete recreation from the ground up of the original Club Titiboo, even down to the breakable walls!

ezgif-5-6b3133798e

All textures have been repurposed from the original map and upscaled or remade to keep that iconic look while looking better than ever!

• Please note: I was trying to wait and see if the fix for texture rotations would be out before uploading all of these gifs and screenshots for the contest, but i’ll have to upload them just how they are now. Pending fix, super sorry!

DCMC stage

Main entrance

Hallways

Dragon Spawn

Side Hall

Underground

Some things to note

• Every part of this map (except for the few workshop items and a couple in-game items) is made using canvas primitives!
  • I worked super hard to preserve a really low workshop item count on this map. The only workshop items are TF2 items and I tried to keep these to a minimum to enhance overall player loading experience

Added Features

• EASTER EGGS! We LOVE easter eggs! This map features several easter eggs that can be found by sticking your nose in places you probably would have never guessed! I’ve been hearing some ghostly noises coming from one of the doors in the halls… maybe you could start there?

Planned features

• Classic music from Ultimate Chimera Hunt is planned to be added with the release of workshop soundpacks! I am super excited for this feature, and I hope you’ll be excited to hear some beloved Mother music make a return for this map soon!

• Possibly more easter eggs and secrets? Who knows!

This was such a big project of passion for me to remake a map I love and adore, and it is so great and fulfilling to see that this map can still be enjoyed through its successor game.

Thank you for checking it out, and always remember to be aware of your surroundings! You never know who or what may be behind you :thinking:

ezgif-5-c3be890b03

My information
Steam profile: ๖ۣۜZorakas
ID64: 76561198063007659

Workshop map link
Steam Workshop::Club Titiboo

5 Likes

Greetings! I present to you my map to participate in the 2024 GameWorld Maps contest: MedievaLand! it’s an amusement park like those you’d find near seaside resorts but with a slightly medieval theme, as a gameworld map. My steam profile is [Steam Community :: TheGreenKing ] and this is Medievaland 2024 !

featured image:

Oh no! the Dragon Animatronic came to life and escaped from one of the attractions in this park! Only you and your friends are able to turn it off by pressing the button on its back, saving the park and bringing back the magic!

This map was created for Little Crusaders, for the layout I was heavily inspired by the layouts of various official maps to make sure it was balanced to play.

Logically the attractions cannot be ridden, although they give an excellent addition of dynamism to the map thanks to the animated lights and moving parts.

Special Feature: In this map, using an I/O circuit, the first 5 rounds will take place during the day while the remaining 5 will take place at night, to make the gameplay more varied and to make the game more difficult

I created this map in a month, starting on May 8th and finishing today, June 7th
using zero workshop items!! (yes, even the coaster is made out of canvases)

The map is complete with invisible boundaries to prevent players from finding unfair hiding places and to prevent them from coming into contact with moving parts of the attractions

Many details and many well-hidden Easter eggs await you at MedievaLand!

Here is a short video with all the details of the map: lights, attractions in operation, special effects.

Here are some photos for those who don’t have time for the video:

VVV VVV VVV

Some details that make this map interesting

Some details that make this map interesting:

• The “Wacky Birb” coaster is a parody of the very famous “Wacky Worm”, one of, if not the most famous roller coaster model in existence: they can be recognized for having caterpillar-themed trains and for being practically everywhere.

• There are several attractions themed after Tower Unite characters, such as Kalleira for Magical Clouds, Birb for the coaster, the in-game plush rabbit for Flying Rabbit and King Arthritis for the cauldron-themed teacups ride.

• The “Its a small Forest” DarkRide is a parody of the very famous “Its a Small World”, an attraction present in several Disney parks known for its repetitive music. The logo itself took almost 2 hours to make.

• The bumper cars are a faithful reproduction of those that can be seen in the Plaza, since there wasn’t one already made I had to recreate it from scratch.

• All the lightbulbs in the midway area are made up of 3 canvases each, for a total of approximately 3,000 pieces

• The “Dungeon Falls” log flume is based on a traveling model currently on the market, which means you may have seen an identical one in real life! If you are interested in knowing, it is the logflume from Reverchon

• The wizard’s hat on the “Merlin’s Challenge” ticket booth was designed to be placed on top of “magical Clouds”, where Kalleira is now. Let’s recycle to save the planet!

^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Oh! I almost forgot the most important thing: if you can’t wait to try it, you’ll want to check out this:

Edit: The map has been updated several times to fix every major and minor issues found while playing, including fixing the invisible walls to prevent ghosts from leaving the map
(the full changelog can be found on the steam workshop page)

Thanks for the support!

7 Likes

Sketch caverns (SDNL) (for now)

A lower gravity sdnl small-medium arena style map, NOW CONTAINS [rock]

RED SPAWN

BLUE SPAWN

Steam id: 76561198033283713

6 Likes

Alright everyone, the submission period is over. You guys have shared some awesome stuff! Thanks for participating! I’ll get the community vote out to everyone soon.

Here’s the link to the community vote: https://forms.gle/kt1HcpNcG6K2xiSv9

It’ll be open until Monday, June 10th, 2024 at 11:59PM CT!

1 Like

Hey everyone, voting is over and the results are in. There were 222 responses this time!

The winners are:

1st Place (2,000,000 Units) - Castle Garden by @GateTheCat
1st

2nd Place (1,000,000 Units) - King Xanthos’ Tourney by @Baby_In_A_Pipe

3rd Place (750,000 Units) - Prometheus by @mexxorz

4th Place (500,000 Units) - MedievaLand! by @TheGreenKing

5th place (300,000 Units) - Sketch Caverns by @ThurDoDinok

Everyone else will get 150,000 Units for their participation this time! Thanks again so much for participating in the contest and the vote.

If you’d like to know where you placed, let me know and I can send you a message.

Prizes will be distributed some time today. Keep an eye out for the next contest!

5 Likes