Weekly Dev Log for June 11th, 2024

Weekly Dev Log for June 11th, 2024

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for June 11th, 2024, detailing all the changes that have happened since June 3rd, 2024. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

May/June 2024 Condo Contest - RESULTS ARE IN

Hey everyone, voting is over and the results are in. There were 222 responses this time!

The winners are:

1st Place (2,000,000 Units) - Castle Garden by @GateTheCat
2nd Place (1,000,000 Units) - King Xanthos’ Tourney by @Baby_In_A_Pipe
3rd Place (750,000 Units) - Prometheus by @mexxorz
4th Place (500,000 Units) - MedievaLand! by @TheGreenKing
5th place (300,000 Units) - Sketch Caverns by @ThurDoDinok

Everyone else will get 150,000 Units for their participation this time! Thanks again so much for participating in the contest and the vote.

You can see all the submissions to this contest here, and stay tuned for future contests!

Improved Emotes Menu

We are hoping this will help give emotes more life and make them easier to use. The menu now has icons for each emote and bindable hot keys. To assign a hot key just hover over the emote and press the number key you want to bind it to. You can remove a keybind with delete key. To perform an emote shortcut use Context + the number key you bound (ie. C+1, C+3, etc.)

Improved Emotes Menu

Condo I/O

Relay to All

Tired of connecting 8 things and having to setup 8 different events to set their property (such as color)? With the new “Relay To All Module”, you can wire multiple items to the module and the module will replicate all inputs to it to all the items it is connected to. It’ll automatically populate the IO inputs available based on the items connected to it. Basically, tell the module to SetColor and it’ll SetColor on all 8 buttons at once in one go.

Logic Gates

Finishing up logic gates, got them stringing together now.

Misc Improvements

Floating Text now supports special key words just like Global Messages does.

You can also now connect Counters to Floating Text.

Logic Comparison for Counters.

Minigolf SDK: Spline Tubes

Not that pretty looking yet, but Minigolf SDK now has spline tubes you can setup for your custom maps. Spline meshes for ball race platforms coming next.

Minigolf SDK: Spline Tubes

Miscellany

@Johanna continued working on the subway station overhaul, while also finishing up the Minigolf SDK.

@Joshua continued working on animations for the new rig.

@Lifeless continued working on the Ball Race map, Eruption, while also working on other quality of life features.

@macdguy worked on getting the update ready for release. Retooled some boardwalk games, specifically Balloon Pop so it doesn’t use physics anymore. Worked on I/O Logic gates, pipes for the Minigolf SDK, and other misc SDK related tasks.

@Nuclearxpotato continued working on a new Minigolf map.

@Sketchman worked on various optimizations and bug fixes, along with getting the update ready for release.

@Wheezwer worked on an art pass of the arcade cabinets, along with other art related tasks.

@Will continued working on music.

Zombie Massacre: HUD Changes

Small but really helpful change in ZM. Weapon pickup info now follows the physical location of the weapon so you can actually tell what you are about to pickup through all the chaos.

Improved Aiming Animations

Thanks to all the hard work on the new player model rig, animations are smoother and we now have better full range movement for players aiming.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since June 3rd, 2024 at PixelTail Games.

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

If you like our game and want to support development, please consider getting a Supporter Pack:
Tower Unite - Supporter Pack

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/announcements/weekly-dev-logs/65

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

18 Likes

Any ETA on next update now that the Linux workshop stuff is resolved?

4 Likes

Very soon hopefully, within the week or next week.

10 Likes

Thx! :smiley:

3 Likes

Good stuff! Can’t wait for this update to come out.

3 Likes

New emotes and the ZM hud change are extremely unexpected, but extremely welcome nonetheless.

7 Likes

holy cow. i’m extremely happy with updated Emotes menu- it looks REALLY great and icons is very helpful because i can never remember which animation plays in some emotes :slight_smile: also bindable hot keys- that’s absolutely incredible!!! i hope we get additional emotes like clapping in a near future :heart:

i’m also very happy with new special key words like %time% for floating text; now i don’t need to set up complicated module stuff to get a working clock anymore! also very happy with spline tubes for sdks!!

idk about you guys but i think new animations, updated emotes, new rig are easily my most favorite part of this update- genuinely very excited about it <3

5 Likes

Seconding the hype for the emote menu. Hot keying will make the process of using an emote feel way less cumbersome and encourage more use! I’d love to see hotkeys expanded, specifically a vehicle mount/unmount hotkey.

Everything else of course looks incredible as well!

3 Likes

Josh is working on it right now.

Edit: It’s done and in the update now.

UE4Editor_Ph7xIALrka

12 Likes

This is becoming my most anticipated update since movers were added. Very happy to see emotes getting keybinds and ZM getting some love in the form of QoL tweaks. Fantastic work, everyone!

3 Likes

I really like the new emote menu. It helps explain each emote better.

I also can’t wait for the Steam Deck / Linux fix for downloading skins.

3 Likes