This month’s contest is about building a house! There is not a specific theme for the house you make, so feel free to make whatever you like.
The exterior is the most important part! Decorating the interior isn’t required, but you’re free to do so if you like.
The contest ends on March 31st, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST.
Also, we are going to try out a new rule for repeat winners, which is just: if you won first place in the previous month’s contest, you will still get a participation prize for this contest, but you cannot get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place again until the next contest.
I might also start to implement bonuses for repeat participants in general, but I’ll elaborate on that when announcing the winners.
- 1st Place - 1,000,000 Units
- 2nd Place - 500,000 Units
- 3rd Place - 250,000 Units
Note: Participation prizes (75k) may be rewarded to participants when we are pleased with the entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.
Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.
- Must fit within the theme!
- Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
- Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.
- Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
- If you make something in a pre-existing Condo build, or if you significantly rework your condo to fit into the theme, make sure to focus your pictures on the area you’re submitting for the contest. (I strongly encourage these types of builders to submit before and after pictures to help us judge.)
- NEW: We are going to try out a new rule for repeat winners, which is just: if you won first place in the previous month’s contest, you will still get a participation prize for this contest, but you cannot get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place again until the next contest.
- Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
- Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)
How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:
Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.
You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:
1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit
An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.
- If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
- Include the usernames and Steam IDS of everyone who participated.
- If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
- Participation prizes (75k) will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.
2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build
An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.
- If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
- Include your Steam ID.
- If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.
Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!