Weekly Dev Log for March 15th, 2021

Weekly Dev Log for March 15th, 2021

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for March 15th, 2021, detailing all the changes that have happened since March 1st, 2021. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.13.5.0 & Hotfixes 0.13.5.1/0.13.5.2

On March 5th, we released Update 0.13.5.0, which contained the new remastered Sweet Tooth art pass, as well as tons of fixes and improvements for Condo Building.

Last week, we released two hotfixes to fix issues that came up during the initial 0.13.5.0 release.

Hotfix 0.13.5.1 fixed various issues. This hotfix contained improvements to the physics simulation to make it more stable and to reduce the amount of erroneous physics simulation. It also introduced Frame Rate Smoothing, an engine feature which analyzes average frame rate to determine the best frame rate to target for smooth gameplay.

Hotfix 0.13.5.2 contained a bunch of fixes and improvements to Sweet Tooth, as well as optimizations to condo loading, helping to reduce load time in larger condos.

Update 0.13.5.0 Changelog
Hotfix 0.13.5.1 Changelog
Hotfix 0.13.5.2 Changelog

March 2021 Condo Contest

This month’s contest is about architecture, more specifically building a house. This contest will end on March 31st, 2021. First place winner will take home at least 1,000,000 units, and all participants may be rewarded 75,000 units! You can read the details here.

Accessibility Suggestions

We’ve created a forum post asking the community for suggestions on how we can improve gameplay for players with certain conditions such as colorblindness, dyslexia, or anything else that might affect a players ability to use the standard presentation and controls of the game.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, and possible solutions on how to solve a particular issue, please check out the forum post here.

Laser Tag Arena Overhaul

@Johanna started working on a overhauled Laser Tag arena. This new arena contains a brand new layout, designed to replicate the feeling of a real world Laser Tag arena, along with being more visually appealing.

@Wheezwer worked on the flags for the new arena.

Disclaimer: The following images show the Laser Tag arena currently under construction. Note that obstacles, walls, and other obstructions have not yet been added.

Laser Tag Arena Overhaul WIP

Upgrades

Our next major feature is the Upgrades Store and Items.

@Johanna optimized some of the Ball Race item materials, as well updating the color masks on some of the unique balls, such as the soccer ball. She also created Ice and Fire flames for the Little Crusaders dragon skins.

@macdguy worked on several systems required for Upgrades.

@Madmijk worked on the Tennis Ball, Cosmic Ball, and Spooky Trail upgrades for Minigolf.

@will worked on sounds for the Minigolf Upgrades.

Upgrades: Little Crusaders Fire and Ice Dragon

Miscellany

@joshua continued working on the new Virus infected model.

@Lifeless continued working the new condo map.

@macdguy worked on the two hotfixes, improving condo load in times and optimizing canvas code. He also worked on gameplay tweaks and bug fixes for Minigolf.

@Madmijk helped improve Ball Race collision detection.

@Wheezwer worked on the “Coin River” arcade machine cabinet art, as well as pixel art for the “Destroy” cabinet and cabinet artwork for “Candy Slam”.

@Will continued working on various pieces of music.

Arcade: Coin River Art WIP

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since March 1st, 2021 at PixelTail Games. We’ll see you all next week!

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

We’re also active on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PixelTailGames

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

25 Likes

nice! epic!

I really love the new dragon upgrades! I love how they breathe fire and ice as they roar. Also, that new laser tag arena is looking great so far!

3 Likes

New Laser tag arena is awesome, And upgrades are something i’ll always be excited about

5 Likes

Noice

2 Likes

I’m confused. Are the flag upgrades we’ve already seen before being hidden in this picture?

The new laser tag arena looks awesome, but please please please make sure it isn’t completely blue/purple. As it is now, laser tag is not very fun because red team can barely see the blue players and red are very visible.

6 Likes

will these roar effects only be for the fire/ice dragons or will they be separate upgrades (there’s fire/ice breath roar upgrades listed on the upgrades trello card)?

They are separate effects. You can equip the fire roar with any other skin.

5 Likes

This is being considered. We are switching the default team colors to Orange and Green so that they stand out.

10 Likes

Oh man, I remember suggesting fire/ice dragons and breath on that upgrades megathread so long ago, and these look so good. I can’t wait to play with these :smiley:

That’s a great change too! Though will we still be getting other modes such as the 4 team one from the initial announcement? I guess there are a lot more colours to choose from besides blue and red but I’m curious what they’ll all look like in the end

Yeah 4 team is still planned.

1 Like

I am loving the changes to LT. Really nice.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.