Weekly Dev Log for March 22nd, 2021

Weekly Dev Log for March 22nd, 2021

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for March 22nd, 2021, detailing all the changes that have happened since March 15th, 2021. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Update 0.14.0.0 (Upgrades)

Work continues on getting Update 0.14.0.0 released. This update will include the introduction of Upgrades, customizable gameplay elements such as different Minigolf balls and trails, different Ball Race balls, and more. You can read about our progress on this update here.

March 2021 Condo Contest

This month’s contest is about architecture, more specifically building a house. This contest will end on March 31st, 2021. First place winner will take home at least 1,000,000 units, and all participants may be rewarded 75,000 units! You can read the details here.

Accessibility Suggestions

We’ve created a forum post asking the community for suggestions on how we can improve gameplay for players with certain conditions such as colorblindness, dyslexia, or anything else that might affect a players ability to use the standard presentation and controls of the game.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, and possible solutions on how to solve a particular issue, please check out the forum post here.

Upgrades

@Johanna worked on adding various new Minigolf balls.

@macdguy worked on finishing the Upgrades store previewer. He also worked on hooking up a few upgrades such as the dragon roars for Little Crusaders, along with finishing the new Minigolf customization screen.

@Madmijk worked on various Minigolf upgrades.

@Will worked on various sounds for Minigolf upgrades.

Upgrades: Minigolf Upgrades Store WIP

Upgrades: Little Crusaders Upgrades Store WIP

Upgrades: Minigolf Balls WIP

Upgrades: Minigolf Customization Screen WIP

Laser Tag Arena Overhaul

@Johanna continued working on the overhauled Laser Tag arena.

Laser Tag: Arena Overhaul WIP

Store NPCs

@macdguy added a feature where NPC dialogue will now appear above a NPCs head before approaching them.

@Wheezwer worked on new store dialogue, and new icons for the NPCs to convey different emotions.

New NPC Dialogue Popup System

New NPC Icons

Miscellany

@Lifeless continued working on the new condo.

@Sketchman continued working on backend improvements.

@Wheezwer started working on a new Palm tree bark texture, and worked on pixel art animations for the Arcade machine, Galaxy Time.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since March 15th, 2021 at PixelTail Games. We’ll see you all next week!

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

We’re also active on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PixelTailGames

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

28 Likes

Yo what Kallerira doin in the gameworld ports doe???

5 Likes

first

The upgrades tho… :eyes:

5 Likes

Hyped to see the upgrades! Altho Im not a big fan of the new dialogue system tbh

I’m a fan of the new dialogue system, But I can completely understand why people might dislike it, I think maybe having the icon displayed somewhere on the bubble to make them more unique to the character (maybe even a fully unique bubble) would be nice.

It’s dialogue when you are near by the NPC so you can tell when an NPC is near and that you can see them talking to you. The dialogue when you enter and talk with them is the same.

4 Likes

loving the updates to the laser tag arena
actual chokepoints, the upper floor being nerfed with grated floors, and the upcoming gameplay changes (it looks like we’ll have more than 2 teams)

2 Likes

Now this is what I like to see. Bout to be another awesome update on the horizon, and I’m ready to slam down on some games with the boys.

4 Likes

I’m loving the Upgrades so far, but I have a few nitpcks:

The Planet Panic UFO doesn’t really need the glass ball around it imo, it’d look better as just the UFO hovering in place of the ball (or if the ball was inside the UFO)
The Ballrace Minigolf ball should have the little Catsack Pilot from the RC Orb inside it

Also are the Upgrades clerks Catsacks now or are they still planned to be robots?

Catsacks, the robots will be used for something else.

7 Likes

This is planned to be a different upgrade.

This is being developed at the moment.

5 Likes

I hope we can get some more upgrades with stuff in glass balls like the UFO ones, I think they look pretty cool. The LC store and laser tag arena look great too

Who are upper left and left of Seasons birb?

Left of Seasons bird looks like it’s the NPC for the Information Desk in the arcade, with the helmet on.

4 Likes

I’m guessing top left is the new Fresh smoothie lady since she’s first up on the redesign train.

1 Like

Top row is:
Vox (Arcade Prize Desk)
Kalleira (The Stray)
Franky (Hot Dog Stand)
She (Sea Dollar Store)

Bottom row is:
Chilly Billy (Arcade Ice Cream Store),
Virgil T. Chad (Arcade Pizza Place)
Cosmic Carol (Arcade Information Desk)
and Daisy (Seasons)

8 Likes

I think this looks great, definitely gives more life to the game imo. It’d also be super cool if we can set pop up dialogue for condo NPCs too, would be nice for things like adventure maps maybe :smiley:

2 Likes