March 2021 Condo Contest (House)

@babyxeph Just so you know, this entry does not work under the parameters of this contest, which were building a house (not decorating a pre-built house), with an emphasis on the exterior of the house you create.

There’s still time, if you want to try resubmitting your entry to fit more with the contest’s goal.

2 Likes

(2/2)

Now from these interior pictures there is a door that leads into the rocky hill situated right near the cabin. This door (or more realistically a canvas teleporter)

doesn’t actually lead inside of the rocky hill. but situated in a place that wouldn’t be seen normally (unless you have a jetpack to fly around with)

This small area “located” inside the rocky abode contains two bedrooms and a bathroom, all three rooms are WIP.

And finally, here is a top view of the entire cabin (the roof shingles tend to glitch when looking from afar, not sure why it happens.)

I can provide more pictures of the cabin if needed.

And on that note, that was my build submission to this contest.

4 Likes

(1/2)

Ok so I’ve started playing Tower Unite somewhere around the middle of March (either the 14th or 15th) so that should make me eligible.

My steam id: 76561199151102393

Unfortunately I don’t have any before pictures of the cabin to show off, wasn’t really a thought in my head when I was building this, particularly more focused on the finishing this cabin to show off and submit into the contest in the hopes of winning a large sum of units. However I am new to Steam in general with Tower Unite being my first steam game I’ve bought.

Hopefully this provides enough credible evidence to show that my build had been created between my steam account’s creation and the contest deadline.

Anyway here’s a build that I think that hasn’t really been done before from what I can gather looking around Steam Workshop and the condo showcase tab; a nice, simple, and cozy log cabin made with Real Logs™ (actually just alot of canvas cylinders) located in the outskirts of the House condo. There still some work to be done, mainly the interior and the surrounding outdoors but the requirements ask for the exterior so I’m submitting as is.

I wanted to differentiate it to other real life log cabins so this entire house is held up with log stilts, once I’ve finished up with the interior I’d like to decorate the underside of the cabin and make it distinctive as the rest of the cabin.

Here is a quirk of this log cabin, the abnormally placed stairs to the interior. Given the environment that it was placed on it made more sense to put the stairs at an angle to give way to the underside. (sidenote, there should be some buyable side rails to go with the stairs, would be a nice addition imo)

There is also a wooden tray right by the door incase you need some place to put down some large items and free up some hand space to open the door.

now the interior, filled with rustic goodness or at least the barebone nature of it. As the interior isn’t required for this contest imma just skim through it, unfortunately I’d didn’t exactly think the placement of the cabin through so there isn’t really any savory views I could get with windows on the log walls so to compromise I’ve put in a nice small balcony to look outside with as well as a giant glass pane on the ceiling to put natural light in and doubles as a nice look into the sky, though there is a log beam blocking some part of it, didn’t really think through that one too.

Some close up detail of the cabin logs and the interior

6 Likes

And here are my submissions !
Please be gentle, this is my first build, it took me about two weeks to make the house.

This is a deep forest house of a character of mine, she is a ranger living on her own. I made her a garden, guard tower linked to her bedroom and shooting range.

5 Likes

submitting two house shells

steam id - https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198150113044/

1st house

2nd house

!

10 Likes

Ok a bit of preamble. I decided to use my existing highrise map yes, but the actual submission was entirely made up for this competition. Before the top of the building was still left bare so i decided that this contest was a good excuse to make my map a lot better looking. Also im not gonna lie, this is basically my homage to the saints row penthouse from the third game. Anyways for my first forray into the Forum contest…

Steam Profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Bubberducky/
Steam ID: 76561198121400170

I present my submission to this contest, a penthouse built upon the 2nd tower in the Highrise map (which in my map is called the Crown centre) nicknamed “Ruby”. Why? Well you’re looking at the $35 million dollar jewel that adorns the top of the Crown Centre. Also…

Enough said.

A closer look at the pool and hot tub.

A look on the left (with the garden and dining hall).

A look on the right.

You better believe we got a helipad.

[pt.1]

6 Likes

You can get plenty of sun out in the garden …

…or hide out in the cozy little gazebo.

The views you can get thanks to its attention to 360 panorma design is amazing.

Also, this is how the place looks from the observation deck of the main Highrise tower.

I hope I did this submission upload right, For some reason I can’t upload the high quality images directly (I feel like im making a real rookie mistake) so here is a link to high quality versions of images.
I won’t really be able to respond until the cut off time already passes so I hope this is fine. Sorry.

[pt.2]

6 Likes

I’m posting this submission on behalf of @AdrianheroTV, because they were experiencing trouble making an account here.

SteamID64: 76561198050660507

The Process: I wanted to start with a cabin, typical of the forest, but little by little I found more creepy textures, worn and ruined wood, there the idea grew in my mind to create something spooky, that’s where the idea of this house was born

Final Project: So I decided to give it a creepy touch, make it look or feel like the source engine, disturbing and lonely, little by little I added every detail until it finished as you see in the photographs, it is literally my first creation, so I hope it is very well supported.

Aprox: 10-15 hours of work

May the best win :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello all, Socks here!

So my submission is at the request of @wheezwer, who said to upload some pictures even if my project is still a WIP.

So, this is very much a work in progress, but i’d like to present a modern home inspired by North American forest cabins. It’s pretty bougie and once it’s done, it will make a lovely home buried deep in the forest surrounded by oak trees and all sorts of nature.

Starting with an overview, the building is comprised of two main atriums connected by a corridor. It also features a ground-floor lounge area, outdoor decking throughout, and a cosy meditation pod.

The Upper-South Atrium (on the left) is where the master bedroom with en-suite, walk-in wardrobe, and reading space is. On the right is the Upper-North Atrium which features a small nook which could double as a guest bedroom, modest kitchen, comfortable lounge area with an integrated home office, and also hygiene facilities such as a bath, toilet, and even a sauna. The North Atrium will feature a wrap-around outdoor deck which will lead to an outdoor shower and a cosy meditation pod.

Master Bedroom leading to en-suite bathroom and cosy reading space with a large glass window overlooking the forest (which has yet to grow!)

The corridor connecting the two atriums, this view is looking directly towards the North Atrium, which will be on stilts above the forest underbrush and various rocky terrain. The corridors will feature comfortable seating, plenty of storage for books, and also serves as the main entrance for the property through a large sliding glass door.

The Upper-North Atrium features day-to-day leisure and living facilities. This image is looking through the front of the lounge and into the kitchen on the right. On the left you can see a glimpse of the integrated home-office.

The Kitchen has a modest setup, and will make use of space-saving shelving, with refrigeration units on the other side of the rear wall near the back-door. The side door in the kitchen will lead out into the deck area and beyond.

The Nook is where you’d go to get away from the noise. This shot shows the entrance to the nook, which is located in a central part of the house. The nook features a unique half-circular wall leading up to a dome-shaped skylight, allowing for plenty of natural light to enter the room. Integrated shelving in the walls makes storage easy.
__

I chose not to feature the lower lounge area in this post as its had no work done to it at all! I’ll be posting updates on the discord after this competition ends!

In the meantime, I hope you enjoyed looking at what has been only two-and-a-half days work!

Socks, out!

STEAMID: STEAM_0:0:19528046

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Alright everyone, that concludes the submission period for the contest. We will judge the entries, and get back to you later on about the winners!

Thank you all for participating!

3 Likes

Hey everyone! The results are in! Thank you all again for participating.

I’ve decided to double the prize amounts and raise the participation prize to 175,000 Units this time.

The winners are:
1st place (2,000,000 Units) @Megalo
2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @vidisson
3rd place - (500,000 Units) @Alexer_Zoderia

Keep an eye out for the next contest! Prizes will be distributed soon!

7 Likes

Units have been distributed!

Congrats to everyone who won, and thanks to everyone who participated!

9 Likes

Very nice builds everybody!

3 Likes