Return Of The Monthly Dev Breakdown

The weekly developer updates now and again don’t get published or completely missed because of breaks, devs away, or nothing important to note.

The monthly breakdown will allow us to get a bigger chunk of information at once and less demanding from the developers to release a publication every week. That way, we can assure they will always be something on the 15th or the 30th of each month with the occasional earlier dev log for important information

This was once a thing, let’s bring it back

At the start of this year the devs started doing monthly dev updates which are more or less the same as the monthly dev breakdowns, just written posts rather than videos.

4 Likes

Now we have weekly dev logs that are skipped the monthly breakdown change to weekly was rather unnecessary. Hence why it be easier on the devs to compile their reports, so we need the monthly ones back. The devs do way to much for us.

I don’t think the devs ever “changed” to doing weekly updates instead of monthly ones. Even when they did the monthly dev breakdowns they were also doing weekly dev logs at the same time.

I guess I just don’t see the point in stopping the weekly dev logs when, at least this year, we’ve still been getting monthly updates anyway. Like, I’d understand if it was taking an unreasonable amount of effort on the devs’ part to do both, but it doesn’t really seem like it? The weekly logs are still insightful on their own (updates on what each dev was working on, status updates on updates coming soon, images and videos) so I feel like it’d be kind of a waste to just stop doing them unless there was a really good reason for it.

1 Like

I’m confused by this. We do monthly updates every month.

We also do weekly dev updates as well, sometimes they can be delayed by a couple days should staff be out.

We aren’t stopping weekly dev updates or monthly dev updates at this time.

5 Likes

I must of been misinformed by someone in the discord then, because that is where this idea came from! Thanks for clarifying