GMTower: 10th Anniversary Reunion

GMod Tower: Reunion

Additional Update (8/14/2019):

GMod Tower was first hosted on July 26th, 2009. The project was a culmination of over six years of work and 20+ developers. Tower Unite was founded and is the continuation of GMod Tower.

For three months, we’ve been on and off planning an anniversary event for GMod Tower. We’ve been trying to figure out exactly if it should be done, how it would be done, and what we’d be doing.

To celebrate this 10th anniversary, we will be bringing GMod Tower officially back online for one month* (please see updated thread at the top). We’re calling it GMod Tower: Reunion.

Starting next week, (please see updated thread at the top) Lobby 1 is returning, as well as the original database and forums. We’re working on making sure your condo, items, trophies, and GMC will be exactly how they were before the original shutdown. We’ll be making a separate website so that you can track any new progress and still look back at your old progress. All features that were present in Lobby 1 will return, including all the original gamemodes. We’ve also decided that the VIP items will no longer be exclusive, and everyone will be allowed to obtain them.

We’re bringing GMod Tower back as a celebration, a reunion, so that people can once again relive the original GMod Tower. And don’t worry, we’re taking steps to ensure this does not affect Tower Unite development what-so-ever.

That being said, there are a couple guidelines. There will be no new features to GMod Tower, there will be no code fixes, and there will be little moderation. You also will not be able to transfer any progress from GMod Tower Reunion to Tower Unite. We’re very much focused on Tower Unite, and will not be dedicating resources on GMod Tower other than the ones needed to keep it online and playable.

We’re welcoming Tower Unite players to celebrate this 10th anniversary event.

Here’s how you can participate:

• You’ll need Garrysmod to play GMod Tower (and knowledge of how to install Garrysmod addons). If you don’t own it, no worries, Tower Unite is the continuation of GMod Tower and has more features.
  • Grab the official GMod Tower Reunion files from your Tower Unite folder: This will be available next week (this will be clarified more in the future)
  • Move the reunion files to your Garrysmod/addons/ folder.
  • Subscribe to the following Workshop collection (these addons all contain content not owned by PixelTail games, nor do we claim any rights to them): (this will be clarified more in the future)
  • Start Garrysmod and join the server: join.gmtower.org
  • Note: You will need to own a copy of Tower Unite to join the server. (please see updated thread at the top)

There is only one official server. Do not join any non-official GMod Tower servers - they are not supported by us - you will not receive VIP status on these servers, nor the ability to access your items pre-shutdown.

**While we’re going into this celebration with the intention of running it for a month, we will be gauging interest among the players, and potentially run it for a longer period of time.* (please see updated thread at the top)

We hope you enjoy this reunion and celebration! We look forward to many more years of Tower.

Woodlands update for Tower Unite is due to come out as well tonight!

Update:

Considering free to join, we will continue discussion about it and decide when the team is fully back from their break next week. While I can’t give any promises right now, we can consider it.
Our concerns are player slots and server costs.

Additional Update (8/14/2019):

84 Likes

Oh wow. Update and the return of GMT! Happy 10th anniversary!!

2 Likes

Yes!!

yooooo!!! ive never played gmod tower so this will be such an interesting experience since ive always wanted to play it

2 Likes

Wow.

So excited… finally get to try the original.

This is really great, looking forward to it!

NOW, THIS IS EPIC
body seems unclear

1 Like

This is magical

1 Like

I hope most of my old crew hears about this, it’s going to be one nostalgic blast to the past.

Bless you dev team.

1 Like

W H A T So hyped for this!

Holy POGGERS lets GO

very cool to see this, can’t wait :smile:

I never got the chance to play GMT back in the day but I can recognize how cool of a move this is. Hope all you GMT Vets have fun!

IT IS TIME TO JUMP AROUND THE FUCKING FOUNTAIN FOR 27 HOURS STRAIGHT AGAIN.
IT IS TIME TO EXPLAIN TO NEW PLAYERS YOU GET A JETPACK BY TYPING “quit smoking” IN CONSOLE.
IT IS TIME TO BEG FOR STARFOX TROPHIES.
THIS IS A GREAT TIME 2 BE ALIVE

all caps is cool don’t judge me mr forum bot man

7 Likes

Yay, at least a month…

2 Likes

This is breathtaking

1 Like

I love this except the idea of locking it down to TU players, this could easily give people an idea on Tower Unite and make them want to buy the game.

6 Likes

Agreed. It’s a bit of a shame to paywall it like this.

2 Likes