GMTower: 10th Anniversary Reunion

Agreed.

2 Likes

It should be mentioned that you probably need to make your steam profile and game details public. Otherwise, the server canā€™t tell if you own TU or not.

6 Likes

While Iā€™m happy youā€™re showing GMT some love again Iā€™m not the biggest fan of having to own TU to even join. I feel like itā€™d be a way better choice to have the server open to all, while having an advertisement for TU strewn about, and potentially draw people in. The serverā€™s only gonna be around a month so why not let everyone in on the festivities?

8 Likes

FUCK YES!
body seems unclear

I feel the paywall thing, but one of the main concerns with running GMT again is it competing with Tower Unite, and it might be a little bit much, but at least that ensures it might run for longer than if it didnā€™t require Tower Unite.

condo parties, original uch, pvp, limited jetpack
itā€™s time for a nostalgia trip

1 Like

The server costs money to run and maintain - triple the cost of Tower Unite servers. We didnā€™t want Tower Unite users to not be able to join and making a reserved slot system would take a bit of time (and time away from Tower Unite development). We considered doing it free for everyone to join, but we wanted this event to be for Tower Unite players to celebrate.

25 Likes

This is the whole it chief

o boy

how could you play without Typing Derby???

1 Like

Excited for this, but yeah I agree with the others about it being a bit odd for TU being needed to even join.

5 Likes

This is very, very epic. Iā€™m excited to see this happen!

derby sherby amigo, condo parties is where itā€™s at

3 Likes

i love you

1 Like

Being able to relive GMT for a little while is going to be a treat. Thanks for this!

Glad to see it coming back even if itā€™s for a short time.

And getting something is better than nothing

I remember reading these comments all over the internet about how angry some people were over the free GMod Tower closing down and being replaced with a paid successor, demanding that TU be cancelled and GMT be kept up, etc.

Right now Iā€™m just wondering how those same people might feel/what they might think when they see that GMT is coming back, but it will only be available for those who bought itā€™s paid successorā€¦

8 Likes

wait a fucking minute

THIS MEANS WE GET THE RAVE AND DISCO BALLS AGAIN

considering gmod isnā€™t a broken piece of fucking shit with media still that is

3 Likes

Those very people you mention were expressing themselves in discord earlier.

Theyā€™re still very much mad for little reason.

4 Likes

While I understand that this is basically an act of good will as well as a gift to TU owners by preventing them from being barred from joining in I donā€™t believe gating potential old school/new players is the greatest way to go about it. This is supposed to be a celebration of GMT and youā€™re only allowing a smaller number of that community to partake. Youā€™re also closing off potential new/hesitant customers by doing this. I hope you reconsider this at least somewhat.

2 Likes