December 2020 Condo Contest (Winter/Festivity)

Hey everyone!

It’s almost officially wintertime, and the holiday season is upon us! So, this month’s contest will have a theme of Winter and/or Festivity!

Create a Condo that reflects the winter or holiday spirit! This could be a Winter Wonderland, a snug Holiday celebration, a snowy wasteland, a giant sledding hill- whatever you think represents winter or the holidays around the end of the year.

If you need help, Holiday/Winter themed items can be found in Celebrations and Seasons.

Since this is a special Holiday contest, participants will have the whole month to build.

The contest has been extended to 11:59 PM on January 4th.

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 500,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 250,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (75k) may be rewarded to participants when we are pleased with the entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must fit within the theme!
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.
  • Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • If you make something in a pre-existing Condo build, or if you significantly rework your condo to fit into the theme, make sure to focus your pictures on the area you’re submitting for the contest. (I strongly encourage these types of builders to submit before and after pictures to help us judge.)

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDS of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
  • Participation prizes (75k) will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

16 Likes

I will be ballin

4 Likes

When you say “Must be something new”, you are referring to actual finished projects? If you have a condo that was like 2% finished with only a few props used to test stuff or like a wall or two to figure out the tools, that doesn’t count as a “pre-existing build” does it?

This question is explained in the post, here’s the line where it was explained

The rule about “new” builds is basically what you’re saying, yes. We want the entries that are submitted to the contest to be finished works people created specifically for this contest during the time frame (so, for this contest, between December 1st and December 31st at 11:59 PM).

However, the next rule specifies how to go about working with submitting a Condo that you started before the contest that you’ve redecorated or made an addition to to submit to the contest.

So, for example, if you created a house using Canvas walls in your Smooth Dirt Condo during the summer, and, between Dec 1st and Dec 31st, decorated it with a winter/holiday theme for the contest, that is a valid submission (though, clarifying that you’re sharing how you’ve decorated the Condo is important (rather than making it seem like you made the house and decorated it for the contest), as well as including some before and after pictures).

1 Like

Long Hallway Christmas Lobby

SteamID: 76561197963962869

Screenshots:

Video

Fun fact
89 people in total have finished the Long Hallway

Before Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/0vnG2EY

8 Likes

Its the Tower Unite Christmas Special Episode! Starring the Smith family! Its a cold Christmas eve, and little Ness is wondering when his favorite grandma is arriving from across the country, but the traffic is bad there, and Grandma might not be able to make it by Christmas morning!

Steam ID: 76561198023173016

8 Likes

Hello,
I have build the North Pole in a Christmas Cave. It has buildings such as Reindeer Stable, Elf Cabins, Factory, Santa’s Grotto, Stage, Santa’s House, Ice Rink (and shop) and a Sweet Shop. This condo has been extremely painful but at the same time fun to make, well, it was fun to make until I added so many NPCs that it took me over an hour one night to get into the condo, so I hope the stress is worth it lol.

(Sorry for all the images)

VIDEO: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZkrDF4ygx3dn2DzjVeWC4WtzWE8nQwUP/view?usp=sharing

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Builders + Decorators:
Caleegi - 76561198273420901
Netforce - 76561198066339018

BEFORE:
unnamed

AFTER:

6 Likes

Festive Town Center

SteamID: 76561198196908633

7 Likes

Hey everyone! Great entries so far. I have extended the contest to end January 4th.

6 Likes

Steam profile name: chesdaywalker - steam ID: 76561198360272646

Here are my pictures for the Christmas contest entry. I call this my Winter Cabin Island Getaway and it’s all ready for a cozy Christmas! Thank you for sponsoring this contest and good luck to everyone! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Winter Cabin Island Getaway Bedroom|690x348

6 Likes

So, as my winter decorating was based on my previously existing condo and it was stated that it’s better to show before and after shots, here it is

5 Likes

I see so many great entries, even if there aren’t that many (yet?)… I doubt I will beat any of these but still I’d like to join the competition, I am not creative enough to build a whole city, but I decorated the street and my house.

As requested, a link to my profile: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199046689378/

5 Likes

:snowflake: The North Pole Model Town:snowflake:

I have built a model town of my version of the North Pole (Along the lines of something that would be in a Snow Globe) with the help of 2 friends.

All buildings are custom made, with 2 of them that are enterable (made by 0owiwo0 and Grieselbert).
The town features a Train Station with a moving train!, An IceRink in the centre, An Elf Workshop, Reindeer Stables, Santas Grotto, an Igloo, a little cottage and a cosy hillside cabin.

There are also some small details which are custom made such as the sledge, fishing penguin, north pole sign and the log reindeer.

Steam ID’S -

Myself - 76561198157199372
0owiwo0 - 76561198103885653
Grieselbert - 76561198093192717

Pictures Below -

18 Likes

I don’t really know how to start this submission but I made Flavortown, because obviously the first thing everyone thinks about when Christmas is mentioned is Guy Fieri. This town has all 3 Ds in it

I had no idea what to do with this build until the new items and texttureuures came out so a lot of it is just me using those items because they are cool. My brother Is_Died also made a cool shack near the docks.

My steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/calculatorspoon/ (I still cant figure out how to find my steam ID, I have 0 brain cells)
Brother’s steam ID: 76561198043795038

Docks
Boats

Start of Path
The path leads to Santa’s workshop, but also has a few branching paths to other parts of the town.

Drive-in
They sell burgers

Meme Shack
My brother made this part.

Center of Path
The center of the path is where all of the diners are.

Christmas Cabin Nightclub & Diner

Valentine’s / St. Patrick’s Day Themed Restaurant

Seafood Diner
You can tell it’s a seafood place because there are fish on the ceiling.

Halloween Diner

End of Path / Santa Fieri’s Workshop
This is where all of the Christmas dinners are made.The walls are open so the snowmen in the kitchens don’t melt. Also there are dives outside

Extra Images

EDIT: forgot to include a screenshot of the center of the path in my original post

11 Likes

Well I decided to do something a little Cozy for the holidays, so I’d like to introduce my newly refurbished, classy winter home:

My steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Alexer_Zoderia/

Alex’s Winter Abode

Put a lot of time into this over the course of the month. Really hope you guys enjoy!

10 Likes

There’s so much awesome condos!! :blush:

1 Like

Submitting a Christmas themed world created with Snuffles and Cat.

Steam id’s -

Cat - 76561198157199372
Snuffles - 76561197984561750
Ex - 76561198150113044

12 Likes

The Polar Predicament

On your way home for The Holidays you pull into a filthy, run down gas station where you find you’re not the only one looking for a rest stop. After washing your hands 15 times you decide to continue home to either a Winter Wonderland, or Holiday Hell.

See if you can parkour to the top of the tree.

Credit
DustyStanks - 76561198040737546
Deo-Kingo - 76561198014906398

Screenshots:

Gas Station

Winter Wonderland

Holiday Hell

7 Likes