Winter 2023 Condo Contest (Winter/Festivity)

Hey everyone,

The submission period for the winter Condo Contest is starting early!

:snowflake: The theme this year is Winter / Festivity again! :snowflake:

So, your build should be either:

• winter-related

• themed after winter holidays / holiday activities (including New Years)

• or generally wintry and festive!

The submission period ends on January 7th, 2024 at 11:59 PM.

Be sure to look at the prizes and follow the rules below!

:mega: Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units
More Info
  • Participation prizes (100k) are usually rewarded to participants, along with other bonuses for close contenders
  • Depending on the amount of entries, prize amounts may be raised and placements may be adjusted

:mega: Rules:

• Must be appropriate content (no hate speech, nudity, etc.)
  • Only make 1 submission post
  • You can update your post until the deadline
  • There is no restriction on when the Condo was built
  • Don’t re-submit something previously submitted to a Condo Contest.
  • The first place winner(s) of the last Condo Contest won’t be included in the vote, but they are eligible for the participation prize
More Info

You can submit an entry that uses a Condo of yours that was in a previous submission, as long as the Condo:

• has been significantly altered, decorated, or redecorated to fit this contest’s theme
  • or has a significant addition that is the main focus of your images

:inbox_tray: How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread.

If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images.

• Include your Steam ID or a link to your Steam profile

• If you want a specific picture to be the thumbnail in the community vote, label it as the featured picture

• NEW: If you are submitting a co-op entry, please say that somewhere in your post.

:inbox_tray: Co-Op Submissions:

Info on Co-Op Submissions
  • For co-op builds, only one person should submit the entry, include all participants’ Steam IDs, and mention it’s a co-op build. Winnings will be divided equally and may be adjusted.

• If people want to submit different parts of a co-op build as individual entries, the areas should be distinct from one another, there shouldn’t be pictures of the same things in multiple posts, and the post should only include one Steam ID.

:incoming_envelope: Voting & Results

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting.

I will post a link to the community vote form in a reply to this thread and in dev-updates on the TU Discord.

I will post the winner announcement in the same places.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything related to the contest, feel free to send me a private message or ask in the thread!

:snowflake: Past Winter Contests: 2019 | 2020 | 2021 | 2022

All Previous Contests

5 Likes

CONDO ENTRY

Flashback Megaplex’s MEGAPLEX-MAS Event

Decked out for the season with customized decorations, lighting, and holiday themed movies on every screen. Complete condo overhaul for Christmas, main theater completely re-decorated as well as Lagoon, Drive-In & Camp theater areas all overhauled for the event. Holiday lounge area also has all your favorite TV holiday specials to watch.

By: OuTSMoKE (Dr. Peter Venkman)

Pictures:

Featured:

Other Images:

9 Likes

Here’s my entry:

Cozy winter sleigh ride

Sit back and relax around the campfire with friends & snacks, and enjoy the winter sleigh ride on the TV.

Steam profile: Steam Community :: galaxycat

Screenshots

Check it out yourself: Steam Workshop::Cozy winter sleigh ride

Featured:

6 Likes

turned my suite into a homey place where last minute preparations are being made! this is my first time messing around in-depth with the housing in this game and i’m happy with how it turned out :3

steam profile: ciel ☆彡 (id: fujinyumi)

featured:

8 Likes

Here is my condo entry:

Christmas Light Show - Wizards In Winter
Over 300 Light Items, countless I/O connections, and 24 total hours of work come together in a dazzling spectacle of lights and effects!

Created by: TrashPlus (Megumin)

Video of Full Show:

Featured Image:

Extra Images:

Workshop Page:

11 Likes

MZ1 house designed and built by grandwhizbang.

‘Brutalist’ and ‘Cabin’ are not words that are often in in the same sentence. I propose a challenge to that idea. Interior curves draw you in and soften the otherwise hard edges in this concrete dwelling. Featuring warm tones throughout the interior, as well as plenty of windows, an atrium, and main fireplace, this winter getaway is a perfect place for a holiday party.

Full gallery here

Featured:

Other Images:

Designed in 2 days, built over the course of a couple weeks from scratch, to ensure every wall lined up perfectly. All I/O you would expect to work like lights is there plus some extras. For the nerds, This was heavily inspired by the works of Lecorbousier, Marcel Breuer, Verner Panton, Josef Albers, and others.

5 Likes

Christmas Town

Steam Profile: Steam Community :: Caleegi

I started this condo in 2022 and despite starting it a while ago, i still have a lot more planned for it but i am happy with what i have completed :slight_smile:

It includes a post office, convenience store, cabins / houses, apartments, stalls and shops surrounding an ice rink as well as a cabin to of course meet santa!

If you like this condo make sure to keep checking in to check out future builds in it! (i will also upload it onto workshop in pieces)

I apologise for the amount of pictures in advance

Featured Picture

Rest of my condo…

These were decorated by other players and so i have put their names above what they did so that they are still credited in some way

MightyG3’s Apartment

Stall made by MightyG3, Chocolate Fountain display made by GoopGoop

Stall made by Papa-roni Peter

6 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198062415118
Featured Picture:

Screenshots

Steam Workshop Condo: Steam Workshop::December 2023 - Monthly Community Screenshot #16

5 Likes

Happy New Year everyone! I’ve just realized I only posted the Community Vote form on Discord, so sorry about that.

But the Community Vote is over, and the results are in!

Thanks to everyone who participated in the vote! There were 63 responses this time!

Since there were only 7 entries, I expanded the placements and changed some of the prize amounts.

The winners of the community vote are:

1st place (2,000,000 Units) - @Cayla - Christmas Town

2nd place (1,000,000 Units) - @TrashPlus - Christmas Light Show - Wizards In Winter

3rd place (800,000 Units) - @OuTSMoKE - Flashback Megaplex’s MEGAPLEX-MAS Event

4th place (600,000 Units) - @galaxycat - Cozy Winter Sleigh Ride

5th place (450,000 Units) - @haze - Suite

6th place (300,000 Units) - @Kirbyrocket - Monthly Community Screenshot Condo

7th place (200,000 Units) - @grandwhizbang - MZ1 House

Thank you all so much for participating in the contest and vote! Units should be distributed to all participants later today!

And keep an eye out for the next contests! Another Contest will open for submissions later this month.

7 Likes

Units have been distributed, congratulations to everyone who one and a big thanks to everyone who participated!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 67 days. New replies are no longer allowed.