Computrix's Theater Showcase

Hello and welcome to another episode of my condo showcase! Today we’ll be looking at how I’ve decorated the newest addition to the condo family, the Theater Condo! This condo is, for the most part, just a copy of the plaza theater, but with the addition of 2 theaters, bringing the total up to 4 screening rooms. Besides those, the condo consists of an open lobby area with concessions and an entryway towards the front with an exit door.

Before I delve further, be sure to see my other finished condos if you haven’t already! Note that these showcases are uploaded when I finish my condos ‘officially’ for the first time so content may vary from what is shown in the following threads (especially as I have updated Condo, Suite, House, & Highrise since the scaler tool came out). So feel free to visit them in person any time they are open to see for yourself!

Condo & Suite - Computrix's Residential Showcase [Condo/Suite]
House - Computrix's House Showcase
Highrise - Computrix's Highrise Showcase
Art Studio - Computrix's Art Studio Showcase

Now let’s begin the tour of CTX Multiplex, my theater condo!
I did not count the value of all items placed within, but as of posting this the current object count came in at a lucky 777 items! Of all my furnished condos this makes Theater my least-object-filled condo.

Entryway
Upon entering you are greeted by a T-Rex ‘movie display’ holding a Jurassic Park movie poster (with a lesser quality one in its mouth). There aren’t really any good movie display textures on google like what you find in theaters so I worked with existing models for several displays.

Another display piece as well as an alternate view of the entryway.

Reception Area
Of all the things a theater needs that this condo lacks, a ticket booth is quite important! So I built one in the center of the reception area to fill space and make this place feel a little more real. On both sides are walls of square light panels I can recolor as I please.

Here’s a closer view of the Box Office booth with custom-made movie listings.

Lobby
The main lobby area. Surprisingly, it wasn’t hard to find the carpet texture used for this room, as usually google only provides low quality images or ones plastered with watermarks. Note the familiar movie poster by the Lobby 1 statue.

Turning to the left we see a few ‘vending machines’ I placed to fill up space, despite movie theaters not usually having them as they sell concessions. Also note the ‘Rocky’ movie display, which I made mostly to make use of the seldom-used boxing ring object.

And here’s the entryway to the west hall with custom signs.

The west hall, where you can access Theaters 1 & 2. At the end of this hall I put shelves to show off the trophies.

Coming back out let’s look at the concession area. I made more low-skilled custom menus for the built-in signs here, as well as canvases for making the cash registers & popcorn buckets.

Looking to the right we see the entryway to the east hall. In case you haven’t noticed, the colored panels on the ceiling differ from image to image. This is because they’re made of upside-down dancefloors, which, unlike the top side, are single-colored but still cycle colors in a pleasing way.

Before we go down the east hall let’s look at the other corner of the lobby where a small dining area exists, because it can. I’ve placed various movie posters on the wall of kids movies I like.

And now the east hall. The east hall is lined with anime posters (eastern animation) while the west hall is lined with posters of western animation (all ones I very much enjoy).

Theater Interior
Sadly (as of the date of posting this) the theater interiors aren’t very customizable. You can’t edit any internal lights or surface textures. Not that much is really needed in here as the point of these spaces is to watch videos. I’ve lightly furnished them with extra trashcans, exit signs, and fake ‘fire escape’ doors typically found on the sides of a movie theater screening room. Also added large side speakers because I could. As it’s quite dark in these rooms there really isn’t any point in furnishing further as it would be largely ignored. Here’s a picture of one of the rooms, they are all furnished identically. (I included a light in this one so you could see it better)

That’s it for this episode! Thank you for reading and please come visit anytime the condo is open if you wish to see it in person. I had lots of fun building and customizing!

32 Likes

This looks really well made. Well done!

1 Like

This turned out very nice, well done!

Thoroughly impressed! I’d totally go here IRL.
You really captured the mood of a theater with that tacky carpet, by the way. I love it. :laughing: :heart:

1 Like

I really love this theater, good job!

You did an amazing job incorporating that consistent color scheme across the theater, I love the way it turned out!

Also good choice in posters.

1 Like

All it needs are a couple screaming children and it will be a official movie theater

2 Likes