March 2021 Condo Contest (House)

Hey everyone!

This month’s contest is about building a house! There is not a specific theme for the house you make, so feel free to make whatever you like.

The exterior is the most important part! Decorating the interior isn’t required, but you’re free to do so if you like.

The contest ends on March 31st, 2021 at 11:59 PM CST.

Also, we are going to try out a new rule for repeat winners, which is just: if you won first place in the previous month’s contest, you will still get a participation prize for this contest, but you cannot get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place again until the next contest.

I might also start to implement bonuses for repeat participants in general, but I’ll elaborate on that when announcing the winners.

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 500,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 250,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (75k) may be rewarded to participants when we are pleased with the entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must fit within the theme!
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo.
  • Must be something new - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • If you make something in a pre-existing Condo build, or if you significantly rework your condo to fit into the theme, make sure to focus your pictures on the area you’re submitting for the contest. (I strongly encourage these types of builders to submit before and after pictures to help us judge.)
  • NEW: We are going to try out a new rule for repeat winners, which is just: if you won first place in the previous month’s contest, you will still get a participation prize for this contest, but you cannot get 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place again until the next contest.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here.
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDS of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
  • Participation prizes (75k) will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

14 Likes

I’m almost definitely going to lose since I started and finished this on the day the contest started, but here’s my house. I made this in a condo save I started around a week ago, but the area the build was made in was completely empty.

Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/calculatorspoon

Before Pictures

17 Likes

Very nice my guy

1 Like

HOUSES!!! my biggest weakness…

2 Likes

that looks pretty sick ngl.

you’ll never guess who started building his own house two days before this was announced

1 Like

It’s plausible that they made it within a couple hours. I’ve spent building myself and with the shift drag feature it’s a lot easier to make new buildings now.

sorry if it wasn’t clear, i was talking about myself

5 Likes

Oh, sorry.

3 Likes

yea, the window frames especially probably would’ve taken me much longer to make without the shift drag copying

2 Likes

Nessuna villa

A cozy little villa and vineyard hidden in the smooth autumn forests, the Nessuna Villa features a private front and back yard, a vineyard with grape stomping to create rustic wine, a chopping block for wood, and, the most obvious, a tall tower that gives you a view of the area! Feel free to take a bottle of Vino de Generale for only 500 units for properly made wine!
STEAM ID:76561198023173016

6 Likes

Please edit your post to include your Steam ID!

Finally, A contest I can participate in.

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:55964584

Ladies, Gents, and that Technicolor Specturm in-between, allow me to present you a condo that I’ve been wanting to design for some time now.

Welcome…to Fallingleaves!

Taking cues from Fallingwater, the famous house built in the late 60’s/early 70’s by Frank Lloyd Wright, Fallingleaves is a brutalist, Modernized home set in an autumnal forest, upon the side of a lovely fishing pond. Featuring sleek acute angles and hand-crafted brick and masonry, its the ideal home of one distinguished gentleman.

Yep, this is Wallace’s house! Say Hi, Wallace!

“. . .”

Oh Wallace, you card!

Let’s take a look about, shall we?

As you can see, the condo is built on the side of a pond, and features sharp angles to garner interest and intrige. Large windows are placed throughout to provide staple views in the wonderful landscape surrounding the property. The outside deck wraps around the building in order to lead residents to the pier, where one can relax and fish in their freetime. But that’s not all this condo has to offer!

As you can see, the interior is open, spacious, and features a variety of wallspace for paintings, pictures, or other art. The kitchen is well-equipped with an Island, built-in stove, and modern tiling and clean lighting. The Living room is sunken into the foundation, with a marble hearth and large wide-screen TV to watch the freshest of meme shitposts on.

The 2nd Floor contains an Upper lounge, as well as a covered greenhouse patio and grassy balcony with a fire pit! Enjoy the waning sunshine up here before winter strikes its cruel hand once more!

I will be adjusting a few things with this condo such as finer details, but once everything is complete, and the contest is over, I will be uploading Fallingleaves to the workshop for all to tour and enjoy!

Thanks and good luck to everyone!

13 Likes

After an original idea failed due to progress loss from a game crash, Me and my buddy decided to go full meme and rebuild the griffin house from family guy.

This was our first time using the condo building tools to make an actual structure from scratch, It turned out okay for what it is, but due to the complexity and time, we decided on only the exterior for the build.

(Note: we had finished this a few days ago, but hadn’t decided to upload until recently)

My steam id: STEAM_0:1:79686055
Friend’s steam id: STEAM_0:1:55712922

Best of luck to the rest of the contestants!

(I promise our next entry will have a bit more effort put in, and wont be an entire meme)

7 Likes

STEAM_0:1:178649226

first ever house build

5 Likes

Very nice

Steam ID: 76561198424213136
Hello and welcome to my new virtual vacation location! This house is neatly nestled between the outer mountains of the Resort Condo, with a picturesque view of the lake below. But don’t take my word for it. Here, take a look!

Part 1

(Part 2 will be posted separately since I’m a new member.)

9 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198424213136
Part 2

This photo is for verification that the house was built after the announcement, as it was taken on 3/17/2021

This is my first time participating in one of these community competitions, and I have to say that I have enjoyed it thoroughly! There’s a lot more subtle detail I put into my house that can’t be appreciated here - even with 20 screenshots - so I encourage you to stop by my condo sometime. It’s safe for all ages, and I have built some mazes here as well. Good luck to all and I look forward to seeing all of your creations!

9 Likes

My unfinished resorts
My CEO room and a coffee shop

SBUCKS COFFEE

MY CEO ROOM

3 Likes