June/July 2022 Condo Contest (Media Player Area)

Hey everyone!

It’s time for another Condo Contest. The objective for this contest is to make an area for a media player!

Whether it’s a drive-in, a cozy living room, a theater, or a TV floating in space- your entry just needs to be a cool spot to hang out and use a media player.

The deadline to submit entries is July 10th, 2022 at 11:59 PM CT.

:fireworks: → CONTEST RESULTS ← :fireworks:

Prizes:

• 1st Place - 2,000,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 1,000,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 750,000 Units
  • 4th Place - 500,000 Units
  • 5th Place - 300,000 Units

Note: Participation prizes (100k) may be rewarded to participants when we’re happy with the quality of entries, along with other bonuses for close contenders.

Prize amounts / Places may be raised depending on the types/amounts of entries.

Rules:

• Must post at least 3 pictures of your Condo. (Send me a PM if you’re having issues with posting.)
  • Focus your pictures on the area relevant to the contest.
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Only make 1 submission post.
  • You can update your post until the deadline.
  • Must be something new - don’t submit something you started before this post was made. (You can build/make additions in a pre-existing Condo, though.)
  • Try to only submit WIP builds towards the end of the contest, if you want to submit something you aren’t able to finish before the deadline.
  • If you won first place in the previous month’s contest and decide to enter this contest, you will still get a participation prize, but you cannot get a winning placement (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.) again until the next contest.

How To Submit:

• Post at least 3 screenshots of your Condo as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest. If you can’t upload images here, use an external image hosting service such as Imgur to embed the images here. (And, again, send me a message if you’re having further issues posting pictures.)
  • Include your Steam ID in the submission, so we can award you the Units if you win! (If you aren’t sure how to send your Steam64 ID, just link to your Steam Profile in your submission post.)

How to Submit: CO-OP CONDO PARTICIPANTS:

Tower Unite now allows for Co-Op building in condos, and, since that is the case, we have some rules for submitting a Condo built with others.

You can go about submitting builds from Co-Op condos in two ways:

1. Everyone who participated in the build gets credit

An Example: Person A opens their condo for Person B and C to help them build a Haunted House. Person A builds the structure, and Person B and C help them decorate it. They all like how it came out as a whole, and want to submit it to the contest together.

• If you submit this way, the owner of the Condo should make a post with pictures of the whole build.
  • Include the usernames and Steam IDs of everyone who participated.
  • If the entry wins, the prize will be divided equally amongst the participants.
  • Participation prizes will also be divided equally amongst participants, if applicable.

2. One person takes credit for their part of a larger build

An Example: Person A opens their Condo for Person B to help build a Haunted House in. Person A builds a cool maze next to the house, while Person B decorates a bunch of rooms on their own. Both want to submit their parts of the build separately.

• If you submit this way, post pictures of the part of the Condo that you built.
  • Include your Steam ID.
  • If the entry wins, you will get the full prize.

After the deadline has passed, the submissions are judged by community voting, which I will post a link to in the responses to this thread once I finish setting it up.

Have fun, and if you need help with anything about the contest, let me know in this thread or in a private message!

(Past Contests)

6 Likes

Hallm34 - Condo Contest Submission
Steam ID: 76561198314806514

3 Likes

I hope you like it !!! ;D

First i use the vent on suite condo.

I put a teleport to the Moon !!!

And now… some pictures from the Moon Cinema

Starting with the seating zone!

The Spaceship Hangar with some iconic spaceships

A view from the VIP seating zone

And the tower control

And obviously the media player screen, or the cinema screen

i hope you like and enjoy this trip !! :smiley:

AdrianheroTV - Condo Contest Submission
Steam Link Profile: Steam Community :: AdrianheroTV
SteamID: 76561198050660507

Good Luck everyone!!

4 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198041678901

You have been invited to the movie night at the far-out lookout!

6 Likes

Steam Profile: colin

Need a good place to watch NBA, MLS, MLB, or other sporting events? No problem!

Welcome to the Tower Sports Bar!

The biggest screen, for the biggest plays.

The NBA season may be over, but you can still experience the best moments of the finals here!

Karaoke stage!

The Perfect hangout spot for Draft night! :basketball:

4 Likes

Welcome to Ricardqo’s Blue Ocean - a hip, underwater nightclub to hang out with friends, grab some drinks, & hit the dance floor! Come on down today & show us your favorite dance moves!

(proof of media player vv)

5 Likes

Steam Profile Link: Steam Community :: Mortem Omnia

Welcome to Tower Health!

Built in a bustling cityscape, Tower Health provides medical treatment to all players of Tower Unite, and FREE OF CHARGE to boot! Unfortunately, since treatment is free we see a lot of traffic, so wait times may be longer than usual, but not to worry. Our medical facility provides several amenities to keep you comfortable while you wait, such as free coffee and TV. Children also have our Kidz Zone to wait comfortably in, with supplied video games and toys of all kind.

We sincerely hope your time waiting is made comfortable, and we’ll be happy to help you soon!

Joking aside, I wanted to create something completely unexpected when you think of a Condo based around a Media Player. I got the inspiration from my own time spent waiting in a lot of medical facilities when I was younger, as I had some childhood conditions that required a lot of check-ups!

I built quite a bit more than just an area for the Media Player, as I wanted it to really give the impression that you were at a medical facility waiting to be seen, and I wanted it to feel like it was actually a location you were visiting. That gave me the idea to build out the city surrounding, and giving peeks at it to really add to the environmental believability.

I’ll give a brief description of the three different Media Player locations though, as that’s what this contest is about.

So, three different Media areas are present each with their own “vibe” and patients patiently procrastinating while they wait to be called in for treatment. There’s a coffee and snack bar, the reception desk where our two friendly receptionists wait to greet you, restrooms, and the door to the medical treatment rooms, as well as the entry-way with a wonderful view of the Tower we call call home, as well as the parking lot.

The Kidz Zone comes stocked with a delightfully retro experience which includes an N64, something I was SUPER APPRECIATIVE of my own doctors office having when I was younger.

Waiting Area 1 is designed to be something familiar to anyone who’s visited a doctors office and been stuck waiting forever to be called in for their visit.

Waiting Area 2 is designed to be a bit more modern, with a comfortable couch and a much nicer waiting experience, with a big viewing window letting in natural light and giving a nice view of the city.

So, that about covers it! Thanks for taking the time to read about and check out Tower Health!

I had a lot of fun making this over the past few days, and hope everyone enjoyed the look at it!

6 Likes

Here is my Suite. I’ve sectioned off an area of the condo to make room for a smaller, cozy media-viewing room. Inside, there are seven seats on the couch. All of which have good views for the TV. I’ve added glowing signs to the surrounding areas and decorations on the desk (some models are my own, some are public).

Making a cozy, smaller area was a challenge but I feel like it’s made me focus on the smaller details a lot more. I think that’s neat. It’s not done yet, and I still have a lot of stuff to do!

The Master Of Destruction
Steam Profile: Steam Community :: The Master Of Destruction

6 Likes

Our new High-Rise tower south of Downtown is so luxurious it should be considered -Breakin’ the law-

The Rooftop hangout has everything for your entertainment needs! Hockey, Dancing, Hot tubs, Live Music, a Bar, and even a Full size Theater Screen!

Reserve your spot in our new tower overlooking the city today!

:heartbeat: Steam Community :: Cannibal_Cajun

7 Likes

This is all in the basement of the house condo, shows walking into the media room and a little concession stand before hand with a bonus glimpse of the arcade room that is right next to the media room so I thought id show it of it aswell

Steam ID: 76561198333964015

5 Likes

a lot of people tell me its cozy so here
i made some edits since last time, such as adding the Physical media on a shelf besides the sofa
the name’s hauntedPainter, heres my Steam id: 76561198150718040

6 Likes

Just started condo building very recently, but I inevitably decided to share my first build. Using the art condo I was able to implement a Rhythm Heaven theme which contains a lot of references from the games. I hope you guys like it!

Steam ID : 76561198142792899

3 Likes

Welcome to the bathroom, a compact media viewing room with excellent diversity.

The home theater section features a high power PC capable of flawless playback of Age of Empires 2 and Quake 3 demos, all while residing in the comfort of the pillow-toilet or high mobility wheelchair.

Sometimes you need something to take the edge off, hence why the bathroom comes with a fully stocked bar with dim atmospheric lighting courtesy of the dead guy’s skull we put a candle on.

We all need a taste of nature at some point. Kick back on the bench and bask in the humidity of the bathtub, the warm lighting of the inexplicable street lamp, and our little nature friends: flies and moths.

We hope you enjoyed the tour of the bathroom! Remember, we’re off to the left of the mysterious hallway that sends you in circles.

5 Likes

Me (Steam Community :: ✰ Zard ✰) and my friend Toefat (Steam Community :: ✯TOEFAT✯) had worked on the design for the Orchid Airport!

Orchid Airport offers a world-class experience for its travelers to appreciate nature within inside and outside our Arrival/Departure Terminal. Not only that but we have media players that cater to our guests to watch whatever they want or any other ways that can serve as a hangout via Youtube.
These are our screenshots:
Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

1 TV at the Garden
Picture 4

3 Huge TVs at the Departure Area
Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

4 TVs at the Arrival Area
Picture 8

3 PCs within the check-in counter
Picture 9

Picture 10

Thank you!

5 Likes

Steam ID: 76561198013479566
Steam Link Profile: Fire Steam Profile

Welcome to the CyberPunk Lofi Chill Retreat. Take off your shoes, make yourself a hot chocolate and listen to the rain as you rest your soul in this peaceful and relaxing Sci-Fi environment.

1st floor: The room

Basement: The club

3rd floor: The attic

4 Likes

Just a simple vibe area with a collection of fun songs and music videos, what better place to hang out than where it’s most cozy! Always adding more and more to make it a safer space!

Steam ID: 76561198112185040

3 Likes

Simple media player room, wanted something compact and comfortable, while also being aesthetically pleasing without taking too much focus from the media player. Took me a bit to figure out what I wanted for the room, but I think I like how it turned out.

Steam ID: 76561198008155043

4 Likes

Grotto - Amplitude Projekt (nightclub)

SteamID: 76561198033673156

Underground Entryway to Cavern
Includes staffed reception area and access to bathrooms.

Dance-floor and Bar Area
Fully equipped stage with instruments.
Multiple laser projectors and video projector mounted on ceiling rails.
DJ Booth with full setup and large media screen.

Upstairs VIP Area
Includes Personal Mini-Bar.

Stage Monitoring area
Complete Mixing Desk and DMX controls for event monitoring and control.
The new ‘Physics-al Media’ makes switching tracks / visualizations quick and easy.

Green Room
Next to the stage is a private room for bands / performers to relax between or before their set.

note: this build is added to the default condo.

6 Likes

Gang Gang

TUTU

FAFA

Glizzy

Gang

No Kizzzzzzy

sheeeeeeeeeesh

Bigggggggg

Bingo

This is an area which contains many things, but most importantly, a media player! Biggg chicken wing did a really good job on this! He has the condo magic touch!!! :smiley:

Caleb : 76561199074770971
WingSilent : 76561197998365527

10 Likes