[Chainsaw Deathmatch] No workshop models

There is too many people using workshop models the size of my little finger to get a huge advantage over people using regular workshop models. So I suggest you make it so when you jump in the portal it makes you use normal models like the skeleton or Human just like it does in laser tag.

This could be decent and doing this could open the door for things to buy for it from upgrade as well.

1 Like

This should be the case for all plaza minigames.

Ehh, personally it bothers me that laser tag reverts your player model and would rather other games not follow suit. What’s the point in custom player models at that point? (I know I’m just being nit-picky). I do definitely have a problem with hitboxes in Chainsaw Deathmatch, but to use the laser tag example, I’d be fine if the vest was fixed as a hit box, but the player model size still varied a little. I guess player model size would just need to be manipulated to match a set hit box. I don’t think they’re currently able to do this AFAIK.

3 Likes

I think this should be the same for Snowball Battle as well.

These issues keep coming up. We need a min and max height and width for player models, and the hitboxes need to never change size except when using potions (which should be disabled in most minigames)

Suggested merge

Playing the snowball minigame is really great, except when you come up against someone with a really odd playermodel, like sonic or Kanna.

That’s my thing too. I see people complain about small models in these games but I’ve shot thru so many large size player models in snowball fight. I don’t do modeling but I assume the hitbox can not only small, but in an odd place as well (?). I originally thought it was latency but it’s consistent on models (like the thinking emoji) and games like plane wars I don’t seem to have issues. At this point I wouldn’t even care if the hitbox on my small player model was bigger than my body for these games (if it would be a solution).

I know people do it to get an advantage, but it’s hysterical to me to have a snowball fight against an army of geese from untiltled goose game. Even if they are somewhat harder to hit, it’s just way more entertaining. I mentioned in the post linked that the idea (I think SB’s idea?) of game specific models for these events is decent, but personally I think custom models are a fantastic element to the TU and I prefer seeing everyone’s different looks, over a top score in from a 2 minute minigame.

1 Like

In the upcoming hot fix, workshop models are disabled in minigames, just like Laser Tag.

6 Likes

ah :\
well I guess people will stop complaining…

(it’s a joke because I cannot wait for people to complain about the lack of customization in minigames)

Very cool

Does it counts for non-pvp minigames too?

1 Like

Wanna bet someone posts in Bug Reports “Player Model Not Working in Minigames”? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

No, it’s only PVP.

3 Likes

Could the game be made to scale up small playermodels automatically perhaps? Maybe even scale down larger ones too, just so that everyone is on a level field? Sure, forcing default playermodels would work. But I’m sure many would like to keep whatever playermodel they’re using.

An edit: doesn’t games like ball race do this, to make sure that your model fits inside the ball?

Some bigger models clips outside of the ball.

Wow you guys actually get to play chainsaw deathmatch? ive never seen it

I only joined around Christmas time.

Considering the different shapes of models, this could really backfire. For instance, the beyblade model is extremely short but it is wide. If the game was to try scaling it up to regular size, you’d have a massive beyblade going around with a hitbox you can’t hit :stuck_out_tongue:

So maybe scale the hit boxes with it? I’m honestly not sure how all of this works so I’m just throwing things out there. I assume it’s possible though, probably would l just would need some refining to get stuff like that to work correctly