Will the later builds of Tower Unite have a menu to select game modes?

A lot of the fun from gmodtower for me was joining 1 of 2 servers, knowing some of the people on them and enjoying the time waiting for a game mode to be finished so I can play… It was the waiting period that allowed me to really explore lobby 1 and talk to people. Now you can just start a gameworld server by yourself to grind units. For example, after being able to play minigolf faster and more efficiently by myself, I don’t see why I would want to play with other people, it would just take way longer. My point is that, I feel like the luxury that is being able to start a game mode outside of joining a server, along with doing other things is no longer a luxury but a curse to the social aspect in the game and provides a disconnect among players. I personally liked having to wait and find things to do within the lobby. I loved being able to go into multiple people’s suites without loading screens (maybe that is something that will be fixed in the future)… So pretty much I’m asking, will Tower Unite always have the option to create a game or condo server whenever you want? Also, why is lobby 1 a thing you can buy? That shit is huge. Why not just actually remake lobby 1, and have it as an option when you create a server… and if that’s a lot of work just put it off and do it at some point in the future.

1 Like

I remember hearing that a dev wanted to make it so that each game had 2 official servers and you’d just join from the game ports, and if both servers were in use you’d just get put into a P2P server.

EDIT: Responding to the thing about loading into condos with no loading screens, that would be impossible to do without creating a limit to the amount of items that can be placed in a condo which would be really annoying. Without the limits, we’re able to do a ton of crazy stuff we just couldn’t do in GMT (for example, one guy made some biomes from Minecraft in his condo using hundreds of canvas cubes and walls) and you probably wouldn’t even be able to use condos with high item counts anymore. Not to mention, the load times for the plaza would most likely be unbearably long with so many condos in it, especially the bigger ones like Lobby 1 and Underwater.

TL;DR: Having condos in the lobby would most likely increase plaza load times by a lot and would need a limit for the amount of items in order to make the server lag less.

4 Likes

Lobby 1, the resort condo, is intended to be used as a community condo for multiple people to build in when that feature comes out.

As for the main menu, the option is there because loading into the Lobby takes a long time for those without an SSD. Lobby 3 should help with load times.

As mac said here, it should “lessen the need for the main menu”, but that doesn’t mean games will necessarily be removed entirely.

And as for what @CalculatorSpoon said,

TL;DR tu will be where gmt was eventually, just have to give it time. its a lot of work

5 Likes

As stated by @Thomas, Lobby 1 is meant to be a community condo, it would be perfect for a large group of people who could make it into their personal hub, not to mention that lobby 3 is being developed to replace lobby 2.

1 Like

i wanna see this minecraft condo, are there pictureS?

it is probably drrabbits

Drrabbit has added a lot more stuff since then but it also takes years to load it all

3 Likes

:pensive::ok_hand:

1 Like