Weekly Dev Log for August 30th, 2021

Weekly Dev Log for August 30th, 2021

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for August 30th, 2021, detailing all the changes that have happened since August 23rd, 2021. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Summer Characters are Back!

Summer is here and the summer characters are back and visiting the Plaza once again! Talk with them to get free items and units.

August / September 2021 Survey!

We want to hear from YOU! We want to get your opinions on Tower Unite as we discuss Tower’s future!

Let your voice be heard on our survey, which can be found here.

This survey will be closed on September 15th, 2021!

August / September 2021 Art Contest!

We’re running another art contest this month!

Try your hand at creating Tower Unite related art, paintings, pixel art, and more!

All participants may be awarded participation prizes, with the winner netting 1,000,000 units!

You can read all of the rules and requirements here!

Accessibility Suggestions

We’ve created a forum post asking the community for suggestions on how we can improve gameplay for players with certain conditions such as colorblindness, dyslexia, or anything else that might affect a players ability to use the standard presentation and controls of the game.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, and possible solutions on how to solve a particular issue, please check out the forum post here.

Hotfix 0.14.3.2

Last week, we released a hotfix to fix some issues with the previous update.

Hotfix 0.14.3.2 Changelog

Update 0.14.4.0

Work continues on the next update to Tower Unite, Update 0.14.4.0, which will introduce the Private Theaters, rentable private screens for you and your friends complete with a bar!

This update will also include the new Lazer Tag arena, as well as Track 2 to the Accelerate map, “Sunrise Isles”.

In addition, this update will include several quality of life changes and bug fixes.

You can view our current progress on this update here.

Plaza

@macdguy continued working on finishing Private Theatres. He completed the booking system, the theatre system, the bar, along with other features.

@Johanna continued working on the Shooting Gallery ride.

@joshua worked on new prizes and plushes for the Arcade, as well as updated NPCs for the Bowling Alley.

@Wheezwer continued working on Murals and Wanted Posters for the Shooting Gallery ride.

@Will continued working on music and sounds for the Arcade.

Plaza: Private Theatres Progress WIP

Plaza: New Bowling NPCs WIP

Plaza: New Arcade Items

Condo

@macdguy added drifting and ramp support to vehicles, made the platform in Smooth Dirt toggle-able, and added a new “Placeable Dynamic Light Shadow” feature. He also continued working on Condo I/O, this week working on push and trigger volumes.

@madmijk worked on optimizing the code for the Laser Projector item.

@Sketchman worked on various tweaks and improvements to the Gizmo system, and also made improvements to the High Rise condo.

Placeable Dynamic Light Shadows

This new feature adds a new setting to the settings menu to allow placeable lights to cast shadows. This feature can be extremely expensive, but can improve lighting in the condo and help condo builders convey their intended design.

Improved Condo Gizmos

The Gizmos will now keep a steady size on the screen, regardless how close or far away the player is. Players can now also translate, rotate, and scale multiple items at once!

Condo: Placeable Dynamic Light Shadow Showcases

Condo: Placeable Dynamic Light Shadow (On/Off)

Condo: Gizmo Scales with Camera

Condo: Gizmo Multiple Item Select

Condo: Gizmo Scaling Multiple Items

Condo: Condo I/O Push Volumes

Condo: RC Car Drifting

Condo: Smooth Dirt Platform Toggle

Miscellany

@Chris continued working on new vehicles for use as props and upgrades.

@macdguy continued working on adding VR support.

@Lifeless continued working on a new map for Little Crusaders.

@Sketchman continued working on improvements and optimizations. He worked on the new Server Listings system, and continued investigating issues with the Voice system.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since August 23rd, 2021 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week.

Join our Discord for development updates and community fun!
https://discord.gg/pixeltail
We love awesome people like you!

We’re also active on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/PixelTailGames

Follow our developments on our Trello in near real-time:
https://trello.com/b/6BwRMiPw/tower-unite-roadmap

Take a peek at what’s being worked on every week in our weekly dev logs! There’s bound to be something interesting every week!
https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/devupdates/weekly-dev-logs

Please report bugs & submit suggestions on our forums. We’re active everyday & here to help.
For bug reports: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/bug-report/18
For suggestions: https://forums.pixeltailgames.com/c/suggestions/7

Support PixelTail Games with Ko-Fi

Support PixelTail Games on Patreon

Checkout Tower Unite Merch on Redbubble

<3 PixelTail Games

29 Likes

that car tho

3 Likes

Hey young fella. I see you enjoy your job. One lane please. I said give me a lane. Don’t just sit and stare, give me a lane. You have no arms? You have to use your pinhead? Who’re you callin’ pinhead?

11 Likes

OH MY GOD, THANK YOU. THANK YOU SO MUCH. These updates are just getting better and better, almost everything I’ve ever wanted in the game is finally coming to life, thank you so much x10000

4 Likes

Love the condo stuff :))

2 Likes

Are the Nightvision Goggles functional at all? I think that’d be amazing.

4 Likes

I’m happy to see a opossum plush

1 Like

Cant wait for the VR Support, that’d be absolutely amazing :smiley:
Would even love to help testin that xD

3 Likes

Looks like tons of new potential and QoL upgrades for condos. The new models also look great, love the Bowling NPC!

Also super interested to hear more detail on the VR experimentation as it comes along. Even a bare bones implementation with standard controller support (similar to something like Sub Nautica’s VR) would be incredible!

2 Likes

angy pinhead

2 Likes

he ANGY

we must give him a name this instant. not gonna lie, i’d be pretty mad too if i had to get in that costume for 8 hours a day on minimum wage with no arm holes

1 Like

pinhead larry

2 Likes

whenever you talk to him he should totally say something like “Who’re you callin’ Pinhead? Sorry. They make me say that.” …

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s Darien, the grumpy bowling equipment salesman.

It is!

6 Likes