Weekly Dev Log for April 27th, 2020

Weekly Dev Log for April 27th, 2020

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for April 27th, 2020, detailing all the changes that have happened since April 20th, 2020. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Tower Unite Price Increase

We announced earlier today that, on May 4th, we’ll be increasing the price of Tower Unite to $19.99. You can read more about the decision here.

Hotfix 0.9.0.4

Last week, we released another hotfix to fix some bugs and make general improvements and optimizations. You can read more about it here.

Accelerate

@Johanna continued working on art for Pine Valley and Sunrise Isles.

@Lifeless continued working on Bedzoom.

@macdguy worked on gameplay systems, such as the Lap System, Drifting, Jumping, Boosting, Spinning Out, Throwing Items, Dropping Items, and Gamepad support.

@Madmijk worked on a pathfinding system for homing items. In the video below, you can see a demo of the system where the item attaches itself to the predefined track that is the closest to the target player.

Accelerate: Pine Valley WIP

Accelerate: Bedzoom WIP

Accelerate: Sunset Isles WIP

Accelerate: Item Pathfinding Test WIP

Accelerate: Improved Camera WIP

Accelerate: Item Pickups WIP

Accelerate: Holding Items WIP

Accelerate: Multiplayer Testing WIP

Plaza: Improved Laser Tag Arena

@Johanna has been working on a new and improved Laser Tag arena. The laser tag arena is getting a massive overhaul that will make the arena much more fun to play in, with better gameplay overall. The layout and size of the arena have been drastically changed, with new corridors and flanking routes. The arena will also also be easier to see your way around, with significantly better lighting and graphics.

Plaza: Improved Laser Tag Arena

Steam Trading Cards

@Wheezwer continued working on Steam Trading Cards for Tower Unite.

Steam Trading Card WIP

Miscellany

@Sketchman fixed some issues with server moderation, fixed an offset bug with the networked synced time, and worked on smoothing the networked synced time to prevent hiccups and jerkiness in the moving platforms.

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since April 20th, 2020 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

kofisupport

PatreonSupport1

Redbubble

38 Likes

I love how Accelerate is looking

8 Likes

I really love the detail in the accelerate maps!

7 Likes

The Accelerate maps look amazing, looking forward to the beta!

7 Likes

MMMMM

I can’t wait

to ACCELERATE

Gonna drift my way

right into FIRST PLACE!

Gotta go go go go go!

1 Like

bruh

1 Like

A laser tag stage overhaul is a change that I never knew I needed until now. :flushed:

4 Likes

I don’t even know what to say. Everything here looks fantastic and I’m so happy you guys are putting so much effort into this. Can’t wait to try all this out!

1 Like

Excited for the new laser tag update!

4 Likes

Fantastic work, guys! Accelerate is looking great, nice to see progress made on the trading cards. Also, WOW the new laser tag is going to be very exciting to explore around. Keep up the great work!

1 Like

I guess you could say, you guys are really " **Accelerating" the Progress of this content

3 Likes

Oof take me joke from Discord

lmao its pretty funni aint it

Oh boy can’t wait to start seeing that giant House workshop player model taking up 75% of the track.

Ooo I’m getting some like UT’99 vibes with this redesign.

7 Likes

Still concerned about trading cards, shouldn’t that be held off until the game’s done so there’s more to work with?

2 Likes

I kinda agree with him here, on top of that, my wallet isn’t ready to buy all Tower Unite Steam Trading Cards in regular and foiled sets

Oh man I’m pretty excited for a new laser tag arena

Love the new details on Accelerate.

Also I see you’re straying towards the “Mario Kart Clone”

1 Like

I think you mean Garfield kart clone.

Crash Team Racing clone*

2 Likes

Super excited for Accelerate, and great to see a much needed update is being made to the Laser Tag Arena :slight_smile: