Weekly Dev Log for April 12th, 2019

Weekly Dev Log for April 12th, 2019

Hello everyone, and welcome to the Weekly Dev Log for April 12th, 2019, detailing all the changes that have happened since March 29th, 2019. Note: Devs that don’t appear in the weekly log are not necessarily away or not doing work, but may be working on things currently not announced or backend work that doesn’t need to be detailed.

Hotfix 0.7.1.1

Today we released Hotfix 0.7.1.1, which contained some minor changes to Event Horizon, a detail pass for Rob’s Imports, and some bug fixes. You can read all about that update here.

Update 0.7.1.0

Last week, we released Update 0.7.1.0, which added some fixes and features, most notably the new Ball Race map, Event Horizon. You can read all about that update here.

Fishing Progress

Work on Fishing progresses, with @joshua working on some new bobbers and fishing rods. @macdguy also changed the gameplay for Fishing, and wrote a small post about Fishing’s current status, which you can read here. There was also some work done on the different kinds of Fish Ghosts, which tell the player a little bit about the fish they are about to get. For example, the larger fish ghost would hint to the player that they’re going to get a certain type of large fish.

Fishing: New Bobbers and Fishing Rods WIP

Fishing: Improved Gameplay WIP

Fishing: Fish Ghosts WIP

Upgrades Progress

@Johanna has continued creating upgrades over the last couple of weeks, this time focusing her efforts on Little Crusaders upgrades.

Dragon Upgrades WIP

Ball Race: Woodlands

@Johanna also started working in her spare time on a new map for Ball Race. This next map, Woodlands, is going to be a faithful re-creation of Grass World from GMod Tower.

Woodlands Teaser WIP

Minigolf: Garden Graphical Overhaul

@Johanna also started working on a graphical overhaul for the Minigolf map, Garden.

Minigolf: Garden Graphical Overhaul WIP

Zombie Massacre: Village

@Johanna also continued working on the new Zombie Massacre map, Village.

Zombie Massacre: Village WIP

Accelerate Progress

Some progress on the Accelerate Vehicle base was completed over the last two weeks. This vehicle base will make it easier for us to add different vehicles to Accelerate, when full development starts.

Accelerate: Vehicle Base Testing WIP

Rob’s Imports Detail Pass

@madmijk worked over the last couple weeks on some detailing for Rob’s Imports, adding pipes and conveyor belts with items moving to and fro.

Rob’s Imports Detail Pass: Conveyors and Pipes

Minigame: Plane Battle

@macdguy started working on the Plane Battle Minigame for Plaza this week.

Plane Battle Minigame Teaser

Wrap It Up

That about covers everything that happened since March 29th, 2019 at PixelTail Games. See you all next week!

31 Likes

COSMIC BOBBER

COSMIC BOBBER

9 Likes

I wanna live in ZM_Village.

thicc cats

1 Like

Will fishing have any vegan options? I don’t believe in hurting innocent trees just so I can have my delicious fish

3 Likes

So Accelerate is going to be the next gamemode?
I hope it doesn’t have too many Mario Kart elements.

johana needs to calm down

6 Likes

I have so many memories of grassworld. I’m really glad its coming back!

2 Likes

That Rob’s Imports update! God damn! Not only does it look incredibly great, but it makes the store feel so unique and quirky, fitting its inventory selection. Give @madmijk a medal for that one! You guys are doing a great job on making stores feel unique.

All those fishing bobbers too, such a good variety. I can’t wait!

8 Likes

Epic! I can’t wait! :smiley:

1 Like

grass world grass world grass world grass world

1 Like

that’s woodlands to you sir.

3 Likes

She’s putting in W O R K
Doing a ball race nostalgia map in her spare time makes her MVP

5 Likes

AW YEAH BABY! That’s what I’m talkin’ bout, I already loved the new look but woo wee, all that hustle and bustle they added to the ol’ Imports got me feelin’ like a new man! Big thanks Pixeltail, the conveyors and pipes are just my type, y’know what I’m sayin’?!
Much love from your local Imports owner. :heart:

17 Likes

ROB :pog:

3 Likes

Hello Rob, glad to see you again!

3 Likes