Typing Derby Paragraph Megathread

Okay then. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll tell you a story. Can you hear them? All these people who lived in terror of you and your judgment. All these people whose ancestors devoted themselves, sacrificed themselves to you. Can you hear them singing? Oh, you like to think you’re a God. Well, you’re not a God, you’re just a parasite, eaten out with jealousy and envy, and longing for the lives of others. You feed on them. On the memory of love, and loss, and birth, and death, and joy, and sorrow…so come on then, take mine. Take my memories.

“Master Wilson, I must talk to you”. “What is it Land-Stroller? We are in a hurry. We have just received word that Owen Wells has destroyed General Grieving. We are on our way to make sure the Chancellor returns emergency powers back to the Senate”. “He won’t give up his power. I’ve just learned a terrible truth. I think Chancellor Papyrus is a Sith Lord”. “A Sith, Lord?” “Yes. The one we have been looking for”. “How do you know this?” “He knows the ways of the Force. He has been trained to use the dark side”. “Are you sure?” “Absolutely”. “Then our worst fears have been realized. We must move quickly if the Jedi Order is to survive”.

Yessssss

2 Likes

It has been a while since AMD has launched Zen, a revolutionary microarchitecture of their own microprocessors. Prior to the introduction of Zen, AMD was near bankruptcy as their products were considered worsened compared to Intel and Nvidia. Intel and Nvidia together could’ve overtaken AMD in every single aspect, for instance, price to performance ratio, power consumption, supports and compatibility utilising them. Yet, both underestimated this mutual rival, by slowing down their roadmaps, tending to gain as much as possible being monopolies. The introduction of Zen, is what ended up Intel to fear, and is what forced Intel to catchup. GPU wise, Polaris, evolved compatibilities, later RDNA, and lesser thresholds, are what Nvidia failed to.

It was heartbreaking that the majority were too anticipated to the new features, rather than noticing the loss of essentials. I am not disagreeing with the new technologies they have introduced, yet companies nowadays are rather putting goals of revenues on the top priority, than evolving the existing technologies as much as they are able to. As a result, there are few products considered actually improved. A very common case is smartphones in our pockets - a headphone jack. There are few flagships offering that in 2019. Why? Samsung mentioned that regarding its Galaxy Note 10 Series, “So we can raise the battery capacity by 100mAh.” Well, should those even be considered ‘flagships’ if essentials are absent without a good reason?

Early that morning the wagon-master of a train came into the post greatly excited, and reported that the dead body of a man and horse had been found in the road about six miles from the post. A company of infantry was immediately ordered out, and proceeding to the spot found the body of Sam Cherry, pinned fast to the ground by the dead body of his horse. The search was continued, and in a lateral canon were found the bodies of Sergeant Love and the three privates riddled with bullets, mutilated and disfigured, but giving every evidence of having sold their lives as brave men should. The trails were examined and the whole story worked out.

Seems a little bit too violent but I thought I’d try anyway

No, no, no, no, no. Wrong, wrong, wrong. It’s come to my attention that you’re not measuring up. You’ll need to stay late again. With no overtime. Your project has to be completely redone. You can’t seem to do anything right. Oh, I’m going to have to write you up again. You’re just not measuring up. That’s three more demerits this week. Did you get the memo about the pay-cuts? 10 percent across the board. We’ve got to cut back. It’s the bottom line you see. And your insurance co-pays, they’re going up. Better tighten your belt.

If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don’t wait, call 1-800-99 LAW USA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now! 1-800-99 LAW USA.

The year is 2020 and you are laughing at the pictures online. The pictures are funny because you understand the contextual foundation of the jokes. This understanding makes you feel included, as if you’re part of an inside-joke. You look to your left, then to your right. You’re actually alone. You’ve felt alone for years, but the pictures online help you to forget that. The pictures online make you feel like you’re having genuine shared experience. You know deep down the experience is not genuine, because there is a void in your heart that even the freshest meme could never fill.

I beg you lot don’t mention anything to do with these “Martians”

4 Likes

So there’s this scientist, right? Dude’s a friggin genius, I’m talking destroying different dimensions and creating realities genius aight. But this guy, this friggin guy , decides “eh, frick it, I’m bored” and he turns himself into the most outrageous thing for the frickin heck of it! This wise guy, this man so powerful he can travel through space and time, turns himself into a pickle! A fricking pickle! Funniest shit I’ve ever seen!

5 Likes

I’m surprised no one’s suggested this (as far as I know).

Fallout 3 - Intro Cutscene - 109 words - Copied from https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_3_intro

War. War never changes. Since the dawn of humankind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything: from God to justice to simple, psychotic rage. In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer. The world was plunged into an abyss of nuclear fire and radiation. But it was not, as some had predicted, the end of the world. Instead, the apocalypse was simply the prologue to another bloody chapter of human history. For man had succeeded in destroying the world - but war, war never changes.

1 Like

I attest to the following: I shall not give or receive aid during this exam. My answers will be entirely my own. Plagiarism software will scan my responses. My teacher will receive my responses.

If I give or receive help or submit work that is not my own: My score will be canceled. My attempt to cheat will be reported to college admissions offices and my high school. I will be banned from future College Board exams. Anyone who helps me or receives help from me will be investigated.

My grandfather picks up quartz and valuable onyx jewels. Send 60 dozen quart jars and 12 black pans.

2 Likes

Hey all! Want to contribute some paragraphs to Typing Derby? Now you can. Simply reply to this topic with a paragraph, and if it fits inside of our guidelines, we will add it to the database. Please keep individual paragraphs on individual posts. If the paragraph is added to the database, I’ll heart it so that you’ll know it was accepted. We will have final say over what is inserted.

6 Likes

This pump’s sole purpose is to drain the planet dry. While you sleep, while you eat, while you shit-It’s here, sucking up mako. It doesn’t rest and it doesn’t care! You do realize what mako is, don’t you? Mako is the lifeblood of our world. The planet bleeds green like you and me bleed red. The hell you think’s gonna happen when it’s all gone, huh!? Answer me! You gonna stand there and pretend you can’t hear the planet crying out in pain? I know you can!

Source: Final Fantasy VII Remake - Barret’s elevator recruitment speech in Mako Reactor 1
Written verbatim with respect to in-game subtitles.

1 Like

“A writer is a person who cares what words mean, what they say, how they say it. Writers know words are their way towards truth and freedom, and so they use them with care, with thought, with fear, with delight. By using words well they strengthen their souls. Story-tellers and poets spend their lives learning that skill and art of using words well. And their words make the souls of their readers stronger, brighter, deeper.”

“When I was young, I had to choose between the life of being and the life of doing. And I leapt at the latter like a trout to a fly. But each deed you do, each act, binds you to itself and to its consequences, and makes you act again and yet again. Then very seldom do you come upon a space, a time like this, between act and act, when you may stop and simply be. Or wonder who, after all, you are.”

“Things don’t have purposes, as if the universe were a machine, where every part has a useful function. What’s the function of a galaxy? I don’t know if our life has a purpose and I don’t see that it matters. What does matter is that we’re a part. Like a thread in a cloth or a grass-blade in a field. It is and we are. What we do is like wind blowing on the grass.”

These quotes are from Ursula K. Le Guin.

You know I’ve never been to one of these things before and when I think about how many people wanted this, and how many people cried over it and stuff, I mean, I think everybody looks great tonight. Look at Jessica Lopez, that dress is amazing and Emma Gerber - that hairdo must have taken hours and you look really pretty. So, why is everybody stressing over this thing? I mean it’s just plastic. A piece for Gretchen Wieners, a partial Spring Fling Queen. A piece for Janis Ian and a piece for Regina George, she fractured her spine and she still looks like a rockstar, and some for everybody else.

This is the story of a man named Stanley. Stanley worked for a company in a big building where he was Employee Four One Seven. Employee Four One Seven’s job was simple: he sat at his desk in Room Four One Seven and he pushed buttons on a keyboard. Orders came to him through a monitor on his desk telling him what buttons to push, how long to push them, and in what order. This is what Employee Four One Seven did every day of every month of every year, and although others may have considered it soul rending, Stanley relished every moment that the orders came in, as though he had been made exactly for this job.

8 Likes