Typing Derby Paragraph Megathread

Shame this is only 45, would love this to show up.

Creeper, Aw man. So we back in the mine, Got our pickaxe swinging from side to side; Side-side to side. This task, a grueling one: Hope to find some diamonds tonight, night, night, Diamonds tonight. Heads up, you hear a sound, turn around and look up, total shock fills your body. Oh no, itā€™s you again. I can never forget those eyes, eyes, eyes eyes-eyes-eyes. 'Cause, baby, tonight, the creeperā€™s trying to steal all our stuff again! ā€˜Cause, baby, tonight, grab your pick, shovel, and bolt again, Bolt again-gain. And run, run until itā€™s done, done, until the sun comes up in the mornā€™. 'Cause, baby, tonight the creeperā€™s trying to steal all our stuff again, Stuff again-gain!

5 Likes

As long as there are people who are doing hand-drawn animation, I think it will continue to exist. Both pencils and computers are tools to make our stories. Even though the pencil might be an old tool, it is still a tool, and we can still use it. So as long as the tool can be used, I think it will be a way to draw animation. Anime was a mistake. - Hayao Miyazaki

4 Likes

That is a fantastic first post, welcome!

2 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Charlie, you look quite down
With your big fat eyes and your big fat frown
The world doesnā€™t have to be so grey!
Charlie, when your lifeā€™s a mess,
When youā€™re feeling blue, always in distress,
I know what can wash that sad away!
All you have to do isā€¦ Put a banana in your ear!
Put a ripe banana right into your favourite ear!

3 Likes

I know, i know iā€™ve let you down, iā€™ve been a fool to myself. I thought that i could live for no one else,
but now, through all the hurt and pain,
itā€™s time for me to respect. The ones you love mean more than anything. So with sadness in my heart, I feel the best thing I could do, is end it all, and leave forever. Whatā€™s done is done, it feels so bad, what once was happy now is sad. Iā€™ll never love again. My world is ending.

1 Like

This is a serious message to everybody watching my update right now. Peace and love, peace and love. I want to tell you please, after the 20th of October, do not send fan mail to any address that you have. Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October. If that has a date on the envelope itā€™s gonna be tossed. Iā€™m warning you with peace and love but I have too much to do. So no more fan mail, thank you, thank you, and no objects to be signed. Nothing. Uhh, anyway, peace and love, peace and love.

2 Likes

Letā€™s go to a place where everything is made of blocks. Where the only limit is your imagination. Letā€™s go wherever you want to go. Climb the tallest mountains. Venture down to the darkest caves. Build anything you want, day or night, rain or shine, cause this is the most significant sandbox youā€™ll ever set foot in. Build a majestic castle, invent a new machine or take a ride on a roller coaster. Play with friends. Build your own little community. Protect yourself with the strongest armor that you can craft and fight off the dangers of the night. No one can tell you what you can or cannot do. With no rules to follow, this adventure, itā€™s up to you.

1 Like

Danger! Light containment zone overall decontamination in t minus 30 seconds. All checkpoint doors have been permanently opened. Please evacuate immediately. 20, 19, 18, 17, 16, 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, 10 seconds, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. Light containment zone is locked down and ready for decontamination. The removal of organic substances has now begun.

4 Likes

In a phantasmal universe, the laws of understanding completely break down; the feeble program that is the human mind cannot contemplate the true nature of randomness, leaving it incapacitated. The mind, much like a program, has only a finite set of states, which is exhaustible. It can, however, calculate simple rules. Rules lead to mathematics. Mathematics lead to formulas. Formulas lead to understanding. There is undeniable proof that a linear non-random programmable brain cannot generate a universe, despite being able to relive or recreate one.

1 Like

Itā€™s in theaters now! Coming this summer: Two brothers. In a van. And then a meteor hit. And they ran as fast as they could, from giant cat monsters. And then a giant tornado came and thatā€™s when things got knocked into 12th gear.
A Mexican armada shows up. With weapons made from tomatoes. And you better bet your bottom dollar that these two brothers know how to handle business. In: Alien Invasion Tomato Monster Mexican Armada Brothers, Who Are Just Regular Brothers, Running In a van from an Asteroid and All Sorts of Things THE MOVIE!

7 Likes

Hold on, thereā€™s more. Old women are coming. And theyā€™re also in the movie and theyā€™re gonna come and crossā€¦ attackā€¦ these two brothers. But letā€™s get back to the brothers because theyā€™re- they have a strong bond. You donā€™t wanna know about it here. But Iā€™ll tell you one thing: The Moon; It comes crashing into Earth. And what do you do then? itā€™s two brothers and aā€¦ and theyā€™re gonnaā€¦ Itā€™s called Two Brothers. Two Brothers. Itā€™s just called Two Brothers.

9 Likes

Snakeā€¦ why are we still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my leg and my armā€¦ even my fingersā€¦ the body Iā€™ve lostā€¦ the comrades Iā€™ve lostā€¦ wonā€™t stop hurting. Itā€™s like theyā€™re all still there. You feel it too, donā€™t you? Iā€™m the one who got caught up with Cipher. A group above nationsā€¦ even the US. And I was the parasite below, feeding off Zeroā€™s power. They came after you in Cyprusā€¦ then Afghanistanā€¦ Cipherā€¦ just keeps growing. Swallowing everything in itā€™s path. Getting bigger and biggerā€¦ Who knows how big now? Boss. Iā€™m gonna make 'em give back our pastā€¦ take back everything that weā€™ve lost. And I wonā€™t restā€¦ until we do.

11 Likes

In the beginning, there was darkness. The overseer, an omnipotent being by the name of macdguy, had noticed this and was disgruntled by it. And so, he did what any head developer would do. He created LIGHT. He realized that if he were to make his players happy, he would have to give them the power to control this beautiful light. Thus, he brought forth a diet of five variables. There was Xā€™: the ruler of horizontal position, and Yā€™: the ruler of vertical position. Then there was H: the ruler of hue. He brought forth the ability to control any color on the RGB spectrum. There was S: the ruler of saturation. She controlled the colorfulness of the lasers. Finally, there was V, the most powerful, yet most overlooked. He controlled the value of the lasers, from completely invisible to fully bright. These five worked together as the sole controllers of the lasers. The infinite was achievable with them.

2 Likes

When a humble bard graced a ride along, with Geralt of Rivia along came this song. From when the White Wolf fought a silver-tongued devil, his army of elves at his hooves did they revel. They came after me with masterful deceit. Broke down my lute and they kicked in my teeth. While the devilā€™s horns minced our tender meat, and so cried the Witcher, ā€œhe canā€™t be blead.ā€ At the edge of the world, fight the mighty horde that bashes and breaks you and brings you the mornā€™. He thrust every elf far back on the shelf, high up on the mountain from whence it came. He wiped out your pest, got kicked in his chest. Heā€™s a friend of humanity, so give him the rest. Thatā€™s my epic tale- a champion prevailed. Defeated the villain, now pour him some ale! Toss a coin to your Witcher, Oā€™ Valley of Plenty. Toss a coin to your Witcher, and friend of humanity!

(cut down best I could to fit the word limit, same with punctuation)

Wheeze, Wheezeā€¦ I canā€™t see too well Everythingā€™s blurry. You are Ness, arenā€™t you? We met in Twosonā€¦ you must remember. Iā€™m the best thief around. That Carpainter was hiding something strange. I stole it. An old, wise man called it Mani Mani. Itā€™s a strange doll looking thingā€¦ ohh Iā€™m in pain. Monotoli tricked me and stole it from me! He tricked a thief! He wanted me out of the way because I knew he gets his evil power from that statue! Listen! Iā€™ll tell you only once. At the cafe, check behind the counterā€¦ Before I go, hereā€™s my last haiku poem. When on your way out. Be sure that you say goodbye, then lock the door tight.

1 Like

Youā€™ve traveled very far from homeā€¦ Do you remember how your long and winding journey began with someone pounding at your door? It was Pokey, the worst person in your neighborhood, who knocked on the door that fateful night. Through all this, you have never lost your courage. You have grown steadily stronger, though you have experienced the pain of battle many times. You are no longer alone in your adventure, Paula who is steadfast, and even pretty, is always at your side. Jeff is with you as well. Though he is timid, he came from a distant land to help you. Ness, you are not a regular young manā€¦ You have an awesome destiny to fulfill.

The journey from this point will be long, and it will be more difficult than anything you have undergone to this point. Yet, I know you will be all right. When good battles evil, which side do you believe wins? Do you have faith that good is triumphant? One thing you must never lose is courage. If you believe in the goal you are striving for, you will be courageous. There are many difficult times ahead, but you must keep your sense of humor, work through tough situations and enjoy yourself. When you have finished this cup of coffee, your adventure will begin again. Next you must pass though a vast desert and proceed to the city of Fourside.

Question: why do we talk out loud when we know weā€™re alone? Conjecture: because we know weā€™re not. Evolution perfects survival skills. There are perfect hunters. There is perfect defense. Question: why is there no such thing as perfect hiding? Answer: how would you know? Logically, if evolution were to perfect a creature whose primary skill were to hide from view, how could you know it existed? It could be with us every second and we would never know. How would you detect it? Even sense it? Except in those moments when for no clear reason, you choose to speak aloud. What would such a creature want? What would it do? Well? What would you do!?