Steam Alpha for Backers Released!

Alpha is currently only Windows. There won’t be any Mac or Linux builds apparently until after Early Access.

I thought they weren’t gonna bring out a Mac version on the alpha. Not sure why though. It’s Unreal so it shouldn’t be too hard and take too much time.

That’s what I said.

They may not have any Macintosh computers.

I believe Mac has stated before that he has a couple.

Mac has macs.
lol nice.

1 Like

We will be doing builds for Mac before Early Access because we need to test it with everyone first.

Awesome. I’m rocking a rock solid beast Hackintosh. Throw me whatever and I’ll be happy lol.

How long should I expect to wait for my key? I understand there are quite a lot of people.

All Steam alpha keys should have been distributed by now. If you got a perk with ALPHA access and not just early access, then check your email and spam folder. If you only have early access then you can expect to get your key mid-2016 when TU goes public.

It seems that I am eligible for it…at least I think, I backed 30 dollars.

Did you select a perk? Other people have had to have their perks manually selected as IndieGoGo does not automatically select a perk based on the amount you donated.

I think I selected a perk…or at least I hope so. It shows under “My contributions” the purchase and it shows “POWER GAMER” next to it. I am not sure if that’s what you are talking about.

Yeah, that would be the perk. If you haven’t gotten your email on the account you used for the IndieGoGo, then go here and click the thing that will email you your code again. Also, I think I was mistaken before, if you got an email code it would be for that panel as well, not the Steam alpha.

Yeah that seems to be what I am missing. The access key for the panel. Most certainly have not gotten that email yet. I have checked all of my tabs to ensure I didn’t miss it.

I am not sure what to do now.

You should have an email with the code to get into your backer panel. Use it and on that panel should be a Steam code for the TU Alpha. On your Steam library page, click the “+ Add a Game” button on the bottom left. Then click “Activate a Product on Steam” and use the code on the backer panel to claim your TU Alpha. Just make sure it’s your primary account as you only get to use it once.

I’m aware of what I need to do. Just the only issue is I haven’t gotten an email about the backer panel. The last email I have is about the one informing everyone about the backer panel and how they should get an email in 24 hours.

Go here: http://www.towerunite.com/backer/index.php?sendnew=1

Put your email in and hit request.

If you’re still having issues send us an email at contact at pixeltailgames.com

Yaaa! Can’t wait to see what updates they’ll make.