RC Race Track Condo Contest! [Sep/Oct 19]

Hey everyone! It’s time for another Condo Contest! This time, we’ve got a bit of a unique theme - RC Race Tracks! We’re looking for the coolest tracks you guys can make and play using the in-game RC Car. Bonus points if you can show us a video of you driving the track. If that doesn’t make sense, check out this great example from @CalculatorSpoon in a previous Condo Contest.

Entries close on Monday 14th October at 8PM UK time.
We’ll announce the winners on Tuesday 15th October.

Prizes

• 1st Place - 800,000 Units
  • 2nd Place - 400,000 Units
  • 3rd Place - 200,000 Units

Rules

• Must be something from scratch - you can’t submit something you started before this post was made.
  • Must be appropriate content (no nudity, hate speech, etc.)
  • Must post at least 3 pictures of your condo, or a video.
  • Please include the name of your track to help us with the staff vote.

How To Submit

• Post at least 3 screenshots or a video of your RC Race Track as a reply to this thread as your entry to the contest.
  • Also please include your Steam ID in the submission so we can award you the Units if you win!

Best of luck! If you have any questions, please leave them below and I’ll try to respond ASAP.

14 Likes

Sorry, I know this may come off a bit rude, but seriously??? Just 200K units for 1st place? That’s… very low, for something this big.

3 Likes

and it’s only a little over a week long, for a whole condo from scratch.

3 Likes

Units are very relative in my opinion, I know new players who are stunned to finally reach 100,000. The most expensive thing (Which not much else comes close to) is 1 million. 200,000 gets you about halfway to the most expensive condo in the game (2nd most expensive item). It could be bumped up a bit, but it’s hardly “very low”.

There’s more time to make the condo this time than there was last time, and it just seems like the contest isn’t designed for a massively grand scale, it seems meant to be a more focused idea.

It would be cool to see larger scale contests in the future, but I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with a more simple competition.

Also, people’s free time varies, 1.5 weeks means different things to different people. There’s no right answer, but I don’t think this is that egregious.

2 Likes

It can take a lot of units to get the resources you need to make your submission. I spent more than 600K units on my race track submission Nath mentioned in the main post but the first place prize is only 1 third of that. There isn’t much reason to compete in these contests if you’re probably just going to lose units, unless you already have a million items you can use.

3 Likes

Units isn’t really the point of competing in these kinds of competitions, though (or, it shouldn’t be). It’s about being inspired to create, enjoying the things others create, and being able to show off the cool things you’ve created. The monetary reward is just an added bonus for those who are particularly outstanding. Only three people get any prize money at all, after all. You can’t reasonably expect to win, but you can expect to have people take a look at whatever sweet build you’ve made.

That said, having more time to build would be very nice. To shamelessly plug the TrackMania Monthly Track Contest, we like to give builders an entire month to build their creations. This is usually more than enough time to get a solid map made, and also allows for exceptional levels of polish if the builder desires. One week can go by pretty fast, and there’s no guarantees that players who want to compete will have the time to do so. I’d recommend extending the build timeframe (if not now, then in the future).

1 Like

That’s fair, material cost can be an issue. All of this does sorta come down to the fact that this isn’t supposed to be a major build, but concerns are justified, and hopefully we’ll see adjustments or different varieties of contests.

1 Like

We hear you guys. Sorry for the initial disappointment.

We’re bumping up the prizes and adding another week until the deadline.

Thanks for the input. Hope this is better!

9 Likes

Thank you very much Nath <3

1 Like

That’s a lot better, thanks!

1 Like

Agent’s Main Condo track.
STEAM_0:0:77678671

6 Likes

I think I’ve got a neat idea for this…

1 Like

here’s my entry! made a track in the shape of a certain logo, creatively titled: “Tower Unite Island”
(also made a song to go with it)
https://steamcommunity.com/id/barkscript

14 Likes

Haunted House RC track

STEAM_0:1:19849166

Added a clip of the whole track:

15 Likes

Remember to get those RC Race Tracks in by Monday 14th October at 8PM UK time! That’s just a few days left!

2 Likes

Street RACE

5 Likes

Title: Gambler’s Paradice

(yes paradise is spelled that way since paradise sounds like “pair of dice”, fitting the gambling theme lol)

Steam Id: STEAM_0:1:89036406

Screenshot of whole map:

Lap of map:

12 Likes

My VVVVVV themed RC Car Track.
I call it “6 Side Drive”.

This track uses all 6 sides, allowing you able to drive up the walls and even the ceiling.

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:4872668
17 Likes

Alright, last call to get your entries in! 6 entries so far, and just under 2 hours until the thread closes and the PixelTail team decides our three winners!

1 Like

Had a decent idea but haven’t been able to realise it. ah well, I’ll finish it later.

2 Likes