[OUTDATED] The Tower Unite Private Alpha Download

Sent a request
Reply came in immediatly

Did not include partner access code

@Zak, I sent it

EDIT: I got it now, Thanks! just waiting for the download, first time chrome blocked it, I disabled malware download protection and downloading again.

Hey catch me later Iā€™ll buy you a beer!

Thanks babe

True dat.

Alpha downloaded? Check
Serial number? Check
Game started? Iā€™m on iā€¦ remembers he has to do some errands

Oh, dammit.

@Zak Is the background music of the video below some variation of the Seinfeld theme?

6 Likes

Holy shitā€¦the man delivers. Thanks!

when i try to download it said i cant download because it IS harmful and i had no option of keeping

Just go to your Chrome Downloads window (Ctrl+J), and then under the downloaded file in the list click on something that looks like ā€˜Keep download anywayā€™ or something like that.

Just tried it did not work

That might be because you waited too long.

I was just looking around the Greenlight Discussion forums and realized something, does the Alpha run on 32 bit systems? Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s just a 64 bit binaryā€¦

This download is a 64 bit build

That should probably be corrected when the Alpha and later versions move on to Steam then. Iā€™m real rusty with the Steamworks SDK so I donā€™t remember if it will detect a 32bit only system and distribute the right version, but the should definitely be a 32Bit / 64Bit client selection.

If pixeltail build a 64bit version of the game, an chuck that into a steam depo, that will be downloaded if the system is 64bit.

Although, Iā€™m pretty sure this information was made when 64bit builds of games were far less common, steam may still require 32bit versions, but iā€™m not entirely sure

Well I would hope so, I mean the only reason I realized this was I was looking through the Steam Greenlight discussions and at least one person complained that the Alpha didnā€™t run on his computer because his computer was only running the 32 Bit version of Windows.

I hadnā€™t realized the game was a 64b build. It could be a problem indeed

So I see that rust is 64 bit only, so steam wonā€™t force a 32bit executable :T