Official Tower Unite Easter Egg Thread!

In the latest update an elevator was added behind the lazer tag building that takes you to this room:

(image stolen from Mistaken on the discord server)

EDIT: Pressing the button is like the 1 GMC button that was in GMT but instead of giving 1 unit it just shoots out a bunch of confetti.

EDIT 2: The button also (sometimes) makes screaming and police siren sounds as youā€™re pressing it. Effect from a better angle:

30 Likes

@GMC_Button welcome back, buddy

6 Likes

The button gives you 1 unit now.

19 Likes

Walking super up close to LCD screens lets you see the individual pixels

17 Likes

Hey I have noticed that the broke radio makes morse code sounding noises can someone decode these?

1 Like

time to learn a new skillā€¦

the sound file for the radio also seems to have someone speaking in reverse.

Well since no one else wanted to look into it i went ahead and did so.

In addition to the sound file for the broken radio i discovered a few other files such as ā€œEvilRadio2ā€ and ā€œBrokenRadio_Helloā€, some of these files appears to be images that have been converted into a radio signal and saved as a sound file.

Playing said files while running an SSTV scanner yielded these results:

BrokenRadio_Hello:

A picture of a catsack with an unusually wide smile

BrokenRadio_EyesUp:

Other than the ā€œEYES UPā€ text i canā€™t make out what im seeing in this picture
Based on the bottom of the image i would guess itā€™s an explosion.
Playing the other files didnt yield any result

Im still trying reduce/remove the static from the BrokenRadioLoop_1 radio file so that i can clearly hear the beeps since it sounds like the background noise is drowning out of some of them,

24 Likes

Damn, you beat me to it, I was analyzing those files yesterday.

Why should we be looking up? What is pixel trying to tell us? I might be wrong but the eye looks like the moon covered by a cloud, maybe itā€™s worth watching the moon?

I might be able to offer some insight into that BrokenRadioLoop_1 sound. From the looks of it, I could guess pretty confidently that itā€™s audio recorded from an SDR or similar radio. Potentially the University of Twente WebSDR? It sounds really similar to signals Iā€™ve heard in the past on there. As for the signal itself, I imagine it doesnā€™t have a relation to Tower Unite as it (as I said before) sounds like it was stripped from a WebSDR and sounds like too much of a challenge to clear up to be a part of any ARG. The more interesting ones are the SSTV images imo.
The signal itself sounds like 2 morse code signals layered over either DRM or CIS-128 but I could be wrong on this.

Very interesting to be seeing this kind of stuff pop up in TU, though.

full disclosure: Iā€™ve only recently gained an interest in this kind of stuff and donā€™t know too much about it so I very well could be wrong, just wanted to offer some things to look at in figuring this out

2 Likes

God damn it I just want a TU ARG. Iā€™d love to find tiny details that build up to a bigger story, like where Rob actually is.

7 Likes

*if Rob actually is

Jokes aside, an ARG would actually be pretty sweet.
(But the radio images are probably just a joke, like with the eye item from previous Halloweens)

6 Likes

You can use the pipes in the chainsaw arena pit to climb out of it and get into the observerā€™s areaā€¦

And one of the things (read: the only interesting one) you can find there is this doorā€¦

Which sadly only ends up putting you under the map. I guess itā€™s not finished?

I also found one guy claiming that being super drunk while holding down the secret 1 unit button results in you hearing some unusual sounds, havenā€™t tested it myself yet, though.

obrazek

And Iā€™ve yet to see the confettiā€™s gun supposed secret reload animation that I remember Mac confirming way back. Maybe Iā€™ll try ā€œfarmingā€ for it once I have more free time on my hands.
For those who are interested:
obrazek
obrazek

EDIT:
Also, this isnā€™t really an easter egg per se, but you can still find the old fishing salesman model in-game, if you choose it for a custom NPC.

13 Likes

Those screaming, sirens AND alien sounds play combined when youā€™re sober, too. Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s a bug or a feature, but sometimes those sounds that guy mentioned actually donā€™t play at all and you only hear the ambient buzzing noise.

2 Likes

Oh, alright. Thanks for clarification.

1 Like

It depends on the side from which you press it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trying to see that reload animation for 3-4 years :older_man:

2 Likes

I WASNT DRUNK BUT I DID IT AND HEAR POLICE SIRENS WITH A ā€œARGGHHHHHHā€ SOUND AFTERWARDS!!!

3 Likes

The magnum revolver in Zombie Massacre pushes you back after shooting.

https://streamable.com/465tl

7 Likes