Official Tower Unite Easter Egg Thread!

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/915792633187732184/D2646B122BDD5278F00F50F5C3C5E54FFA8FFDC1/
There’s a wedge of cheese on this shelf in a beach house.

Projector has text which refers to the television series “The Outer Limits”
(There is nothing wrong with your projector. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are now in control of the transmission. We control the horizontal and the vertical.)
This message is also on other products, such as the old monitor, with the word projector changed to television.

7 Likes

I did some research and figured out that he changes when you look away from him.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is a easter egg but the Trains in Trainyard are based of the British Rail Class 378 Electrostar.
Top: Tower Unite:

Bottom: Basis:

Also the music in round 4 is slowed down Virus Music.

6 Likes

Found a reference to the Hatch and the Pylons from the Television Series ‘Lost’ in a condo.

1 Like

About a year late on this one

6 Likes

If you go to Steam<steamapps<common<TowerUnite<Tower<Content<Sound<ambient<Announcer you will get to the page with all of the train station audio files. One of them is called announce420 and when you play it it plays a train station version of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shCYA2J-De8

(I don’t know if this is just a secret in the game files, has a very low chance of playing, plays at 4:20 or plays on April 20th)

2 Likes

You know, there was an easter egg a long time ago where the original video’s audio played at exactly 4:20 (based on your computer’s time)… haven’t checked it in ages, but it might still be there, perhaps with a new voiceover.

If you aren’t able to read this file with your media player, or simply are too lazy to check it by yourself.
Here’s somewhere, where you can hear it.

6 Likes

The HQ has a new entrance and the vertical “drop” has been removed.

8 Likes

That’s what I was thinking while exploring the Plaza post-update. Had never seen that window before but I thought I never noticed it!

Today in the news: All traces of Sunabouzu removed and catsacks taking over currency

14 Likes

foohy was killed by a catsack

9 Likes

Woah, those are super weird changes. Why? Are the devs just trying to remove their presence from the game or something? Just feels kinda odd.

12 Likes

Maybe they’re just trying to be/look more professional?

Thats… boring, and I feel against the feel of a game where you can play as milk cartons.
Also how is a catsack more professional than a barely visible picture of a dev?
Not to mention like… games have had references to/imagery of their devs for years, from classics like Doom with Romero’s Head to recent titles like BoTW with references to developers across the game, like Satori mountain/the Lord of the Mountain referencing Satoru Iwata and a shrine referencing Aonuma. I just don’t feel like it’s that, I dunno.

8 Likes

Two things from yesterday as I was playing around in my Suite.

400+ hours and only just noticed it.

11 Likes

It’s probably something to do with the fact that Sunabouzu and Foohy aren’t on the dev team anymore.

4 Likes

That’s a shame. what will become of the Foohy disc?

4 Likes

wait what happened to them