October 2021 Condo Contest (Halloween)

No worries, I fixed your account so you can post more links.

2 Likes

I am having tremendous trouble with uploading it to the workshop. I typed up the description… then clicked upload after doing all the other stuff and the game crashed. Then I went to report the crash and the Crash client also crashed. Then I restarted the game and went to my condo and tried again. It crashed again.

I had copied all I typed when I went to upload it the first time and I went to paste it and all I had copied was replaced with lines of errors. Then I went to paste into the crash client report those errors and they were replaced by a single error line of text. So Looks like its not gonna make it to the workshop. :frowning:

I checked my workshop to see if the upload went thorough and it shows a blank image. As if the upload was broken. So Doesnt look like its going to happen today. Also when I went to rehost the game to try the 2nd time it said failed to host condo. So I Dont know. Shows 6MB save file size but on the upload it shows 47MB.

2 Likes

I’m sorry that happened. How many items do you have in your condo? That might be the cause for the crash? I’ll look over the crash dumps. You could also try not setting a description on upload, then edit the description on the Steam workshop page in your web browser too.

2 Likes

Done, my mistake.

1 Like

This happens to me as well, has for some time, but fear not. Do a nice restart on both the game and computer. Get it all nice and clear of previous tempo data. Then open your map and upload from there. It may still crash, but if you go check the workshop, i’m sure the upload actually takes.

It did upload I checked the workshop later and it was there not once but twice.
Here is the Link to my Beetle Juice Recreation on the workshop.

1 Like

Alright, voting has concluded. Thanks everyone for participating. I will get back to you all with the results soon!

1 Like

The results are in! This time we had 142 responses and a really close vote, including a tie for second place. The tied entries will both be given the 2nd place prize, so there will be 6 winners this time.

With that being said, here are the results:

1st place (2,000,000 Units) - @Baby_In_A_Pipe with “The Raveyard”
2nd place [TIED] (1,000,000 Units) - @CaptainHMMurdock with “Howling Mad Estate”
2nd place [TIED] (1,000,000 Units) - @Frasler with “Dungeous”
3rd place (750,000 Units) - @Sithonious with “House of the Damned”
4th place (500,000 Units) - @darkcoolyo with “Spooky Hallway”
5th place (300,000 Units) - @CalculatorSpoon with “Shady Oaks Remake”

I’m giving an extra bonus to other participants this time for great effort. Thanks again to everyone for joining in on this one. Winners should receive their prizes sometime today.

Also, there probably won’t be a contest this month, but I’ll start December’s early - so keep an eye out for that announcement!

8 Likes

Rewards have been distributed!

Congratulations to everyone who won, and thank you to everyone who participated!

6 Likes

thanks for runnin’ the contest.

4 Likes

Congrats to yall it was good fun. Cheers.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.