My thoughts on all the bullshit that happened today

just to clear up, i don’t have a side to be on, but holy shit what the fuck?

okai goodbai im off to play tu

11 Likes

Well, that’s pretty accurate

“Whoa! I can’t believe they’re releasing GMod Tower’s code, to everybody, for free! I wonder what people are saying about this!”

click

5 Likes

That thread was thankfully locked. If it was left open for any longer, it would’ve gotten worse.

I’m lost, what’s this about?
edit: nvm found it

Remember kids, don’t start a project out of spite.

1 Like

developers are considering releasing the gmod tower source code to all, resulting in a massive flame war on the thread which ended up in the thread being locked.

thread;

personally, i’m in support of it as it’s far better than letting the gamemode rot on a hard drive for all eternity, let the community have fun with gmod tower and it can also be a useful advertisement for tower unite

2 Likes

Regardless of your stance of GMT becoming open source, the amount of hostility in that thread is absolutely ridiculous. It’s kind of disgraceful, imo.

At least we have the official anniversary reunion coming up, right guys?

1 Like

let’s just forget that this every happened, guys!

gets sleep paralysis

2 Likes

how do you go from “hey y’all we’re gonna be releasing this mode open source for everyone :)” to fucking THIS

i just… this is just peak fucking internet.

1 Like

you do realise flagging my post will only make people more intrigued
to see what it is, right?

i didn’t flag it whachu talking about willis

also i HEAVILY doubt that entire post

ah, someone did though, massive L to that person.

What makes you doubt it exactly?

two main reasons

1. any callout post on the internet should be taken with a mountain of salt
  2. why would all of this info be revealed only NOW, after a controversial decision that might get some people to want to damage the developers’ reputation?
2 Likes

It’s funny how when I go to sleep the most notable thing on the forums is a minecraft song parody thread and when I wake up the community is in shambles. This prodigalist fella reminds me a lot of our old pal Marki…

Has there been any official statement on this? Also why was this flagged?

1 Like

Can we not make this another GMT open source announcement post?

3 Likes

nah, macdguy continues to censor any word on this, someone posted on the steam community about this and mac took it down

to the point where i have to serp e r a t e links, fucking separate links to prove my fucking point.

if i was just a developer, trying to make the community happy, and people were spreading word about me doing shit like this, i’d be unhappy too, dipshit.