"Movie World Studios" Working Theme Park

Heyo!

I wanted to give you a little update on the park a month after the last update, just so as not to leave the page suddenly interrupted without explanations:

In the last 30 days I have paused work at MovieWorld to focus on my Game Worlds contest submission ( “MedievaLand!”, an amusement park-themed map for Little Crusaders - here’s the post where I talk about it for those who missed it May/June 2024 Condo Contest (Game World Maps) - #16 by TheGreenKing ).

Before doing this however, I proceeded slightly with the work on the new attraction, but here is the problem I am encountering:

My system is no longer able to support the park as before,
we are now talking about 20,000 park items…

Considering that in single player I experience a bit of lag,
and that with even just one other player with me in the park ( not 20, but only 1) my computer basically catches fire…
you know, it becomes a little difficult to continue building and having fun.

Now, understanding that the problem stems from my system, the only way to fix this is to upgrade it… which is a thing I will do, but not anytime soon.
For this reason, the best choice is to pause the park, wait a moment and maybe one day reopen it as best as possible with a new system.

I’m considering making the park available as a Workshop Condo even if incomplete, and maybe updating it someday.

Until then I understood the limits I have to deal with and intend to do smaller and more high-performance projects.

Thanks everyone, my first page on the forum has received this much support!
MovieWorld will be back stronger than before! :smiley:

3 Likes

Hey! We‘ve recently played that map and it was awesome. We were so sad that none of the attractions could be entered but that‘s understandable since it‘s a gameworld map.

I have exactly the same problem as you and that‘s why I‘m using geforce now. It lets you play tower unite on a high end remote server and it‘s completely free (there‘s a waiting time before you can start the game). Super easy to set up (10 minutes). You create a account at geforce now, download the software, link it to your steam anf start the game via the software (it‘s directly from nvidia so trustworthy). I‘ve been playing tower this way since it released and no more fps drops :slight_smile: But you need good internet , that‘s the only downside. Can‘t wait to see your theme park!

2 Likes

If you liked this thread, you might be interested in this other new one, where rides take much less time to build and are more interactive:

4 Likes