Mover Simple Relative Rotation setting

For now you can make mover move itself, which is amazing and I love it. It makes a lot of possibilities to vehicles and systems with dynamic movement.

But, there is one problem - it can’t rotate, well, it can, but it will just rotate itself and that’s it. It will not change it’s ‘forward’ direction with it, which cuts off 70% of ideas and possibilities of cars, blimps, even planes (but really doubt how to build them lol).

So I’m suggesting the setting for Mover Simple item, which will make it change relative direction, based on rotation (so it can also rotate itself infinitily and have “forward” action as normal forward where are you expecting it move to)

I know this might be a mess of a text in idea, I can barely explain things like that, but I think it really must be in game to give community more possibilities of dynamic builds.

Can you explain your setup? Or provide a video.

I placed mover simple first, then placed it on center of canvas cube.
I did buttons for each side of movement, and on to stop movement. (they using GoTo action)

Then I connected mover grouped with canvas cube and buttons to itself by using connections menu, instead of tower glove.

So that way makes it possible to have movement for mover simple, also it’s duration setting works as acceleration in this case. But here’s the problem:
it can move itself, but when Im using setRotateFrom, it will spin infinite, which is great.
But it does not change a direction of mover, so it will still move in previus direction, instead of moving at side where it is looking at.

Here’s a video how I tried to replicate that, though rotation did not worked with movement at once this time.

1 Like

This is similar to my post:
Path movers have this property of moving something relative to their own rotation that you want, but all objects attached to them use global offsets for some reason

1 Like

pretty sure thats going to be fixed in next update, because of “Mover Controlable” item from changelog

Based on current evidence, I’m thinking so, though I still asked for some confirmation along with an example of my current very inefficient workaround.

1 Like

you also made mover moving itself?

I looked into making quite a few “dynamic” mover arrays that do what you’re talking about, most notably I have them working on a perfect and predictable grid coordinate system for my own uses.

Here’s the self moving mover (no grid) that has a workaround:

1 Like

man this is insane, is this condo public to try out?

I’m currently hosting it publicly if you want to join and mess around or look inside!

1 Like