Idlescreen is coming back!

obrazek

7 Likes

I love Grant, got hooked on ā€œColorā€ recently.

1 Like

This is awesome! Even if this feels like a small detail, itā€™s one of those things that really integrate the community into the game-world. Being able to see upcoming things, survey results, or community event information in-game would be fantastic.

Looking forward to this!

3 Likes

Glad to hear!

1 Like

Iā€™m really happy to see thew idlescreens idea coming back. They were a neat and unique feature of GMT that I always thought was cool and they were nice to have in the background to chill to and also served a purpose for displaying news and events. Good job so far.

1 Like

Alright, itā€™s been a short while but Iā€™ve been hard at work putting more stuff into the Idlescreen, and then animating it all to look nice and fancy. Hereā€™s how it looks so far!

Let me know what I should add or change! ^^

18 Likes

The video itself is 100% perfect, but I personally feel like the music is too fast paced and loud. Dunno, thatā€™s just me.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll be aiming for something a little more relaxed and slow if I can find anything suitable.

3 Likes

Also, do you intend on changing the mood of each video along with each season? (Like for example, december having a winter-esk theme and music?)

3 Likes

Absolutely, Iā€™ll probably try to match up with the in-game themes - such as Christmas, Halloween, etc.

3 Likes

i do like the sound of the 2nd music, looks really nice
here is some suggestions

-add an area on it for future events that will happen (maybe at the end of the current community event section, this is probably an idea that would be better for future idle screens)

-gmt had a nice personal part about it where at the start for a short few seconds or so it would talk about the current season and such, like ā€œaugust is tying up the summer season, many people are starting to go back to school and such, but dont worry since you can still play and have fun with people wheneverā€ or something.

-something mentioning what was added recently into TU like, ā€œA renewal of maps people have always loved, one of the much loved GMT Ball race maps has been breathed new life into it and turned into the new map Woodlands, and the good old altitude has had a new revamp to make it look better than beforeā€

-fading out the music at the end of a song and using something nice and memorable like the TU logo something nice like ā€œTower unite - play today with friends and meet new friends.ā€ something nice that could change or not with each idle screen to end out with the music

(also maybe making a thread for the community to help out with non copyrighted music that would work well with idle screens, since i know there are people in the TU community who have had ideas for music that would be good for idle screens)

3 Likes

Glad to see the Idlescreen being brought back in a similar fashion to its predecessor. Iā€™m liking a lot of what was added and is being shown off. Definitely does a good job at tying the community together more.

My only suggestion I have is related to the background of the Idlescreen. It could be animated (having those leaves of the palm trees swaying in the wind could make it much more livelier!) or even just a simple image slideshow showcasing other areas of the Lobby, such as the boardwalk or the lighthouse.

Other than that, itā€™s definitely something that changes and evolves as time goes on. I like a lot of @LittleLuke suggestions, too. Canā€™t wait to see this back in the theater!

2 Likes

Any consideration doing this in HTML5? It would significantly reduce the amount of work needed to update this, and more stuff can be loaded. For example, you wont have to see the same 3 useless facts or hear the same 4 songs for the month. It would be dynamic.

1 Like

Man Iā€™m late, but itā€™s looking great! If I had to change anything, maybe shorten the video previews for the Arcade section? It was still a good length but it felt like that section was a bit long. The descriptions for each machine were awesome too :stuck_out_tongue:

And on an unrelated note, animations are still on point :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you Nath, Very cool!

Iā€™d love to see this if it was possible! However itā€™d require even more work for the devs and I donā€™t wanna add to the mountain of work they already have on their plates.

Thank you!

Thatā€™s a good idea! Iā€™d need to record the Plaza and not have anyone fly around or interrupt and loop that.

2 Likes

Could you use the dev test server to record the plaza in that case?

I donā€™t have access right now.