Idlescreen is coming back!

Hey guys! A few days ago I saw a suggestion about bringing GMod Tower Idlescreens to Tower Unite. I never got to play GMT so I gave the old Idlescreens a watch and it looked really cool. I spoke with the team and we agreed to add them back! I’ll be remastering Idlescreen and bringing it back to empty playlists in Theatres every other week! There’s no exact ETA on when it’ll be implemented, but I’m looking forward to seeing it in-game and keeping it updated.

Here’s roughly what it’ll look like! It’s a work in progress so far, there’s a looooot more to add and I wanna hear what you guys think should be included - please let me know below.

63 Likes

hell yeah it looks great so far, i really like the picture in the background and the over all look of the idlescreen as a whole (including the font choice it’s nice on the eyes and big enough to see from a distance) keep up the great work!

5 Likes

Wow, this looks really good! (Good choice of music too.)

3 Likes

Very cool! Thanks for letting us know.

2 Likes

Thank you! I was looking for something bouncy with a strong drum beat so I could see the visualiser jump around, jump up jump up and get down.

8 Likes

Now this is epic!

2 Likes

Thanks, although I can’t take all the credit! I pretty much cloned this old Idlescreen layout and added some animations.

6 Likes

Looking really nice this will be a really small detail but with a lot of charm. And I kinda just appreciate them for archival purposes, it’s nice to just look back at old Idlescreens.

2 Likes

Damn this looks real nice.

2 Likes

well if it ain’t broken why fix it i guess lol, still looks great!

2 Likes

Holy crap Nath, you did some good work! Love the visualizations of the data from the survey and the inclusion of some good music with the equalizer.

Looking great so far! Can’t wait to see this in-game :smiley:

5 Likes

Hot Damn, Nath. This looks great!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

We did iit boiiss

2 Likes

Fantastic. Really like how the poll results were implemented. Excited to see this in game!

1 Like

Oh yes idlescreens for theater making a comeback, these were real cool in the old era.

1 Like

I think it looks good so far, and I quite like the idea of showcasing some community stuff each month. If I had to make a suggestion, I’d try to make it a bit more loopable. I noticed the top and bottom bars slide in at the start. It looks nice, but unless you’re swapping out bars I don’t see a point to having them slide in/out. A looping idlescreen would look better if these were static, I think, unless you plan on having non-idlescreen videos (like trailers or something) pop in between loops.

3 Likes

Very true! I’ll keep this in mind when I get to the end of the video.

Love the transitions, it’s so memorizing.
It’s very hard for me to look away at those silky smooth transitions.

A suggestions for the “Queue is empty. Add a Video”, I think adding text to say like “Hold Q to add a video to the queue” would help new players.

3 Likes

doesn’t it tell you to hold Q when you look at a media player anyways?

EDIT: it does image

7 Likes