GMTower: 10th Anniversary Reunion

I completely disagree. As Mac already said, there’s a chance that TU players wouldn’t even be able to join because of the server being flooded by just about everybody. Why shouldn’t they prioritize people that are actually supporting what they do? And it’s not like TU is even expensive, I’ve seen it go down to like $7 multiple times by now.

8 Likes

I think that PixelTail hosting it themselves 100% justifies the TU purchase like Mac said, with continued development of Tower Unite and all. Though if they’re considering keeping it for any more than a month, a TU purchase is a must, for continued hosting costs, and competition like I said before. I get that it totally feels unfair, and is to some extent, but there’s just no realistic way for it to not be like this.

Also, side note, GMT wasn’t really “free”, just convenient, it actually cost substantially more than TU with all the required games.

11 Likes

chill out guys.

7 Likes

OOH YEAH BABY! You know ya boy Rob is hella excited to be back in GMT where it all began. Man, y’all need to chill out about all this sadness about GMT, this is a time to CELEBRATE. You know ya boy ain’t gonna let nobody bring him down during these good times, and that’s a fact, YA FEEL ME?!

14 Likes

Considering free to join, we will continue discussion about it and decide when the team is fully back from their break next week. While I can’t give any promises right now, we can consider it.

Our concerns are player slots and server costs.

16 Likes

I hope something is worked out. Thank you for the consideration.

2 Likes

This is gonna be amazing.

1 Like

Let’s go gamers. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I need a poster of this in my condo

Yes.

!

3 Likes

But do players have a second chance to get GMT items (Plates and Trophies) if they join during the reunion?

1 Like

I would almost rather they make a new exclusive item for people who play during the reunion. Even if it’s something simple like another plate.

5 Likes

We’d probably make a new item for reunion players. But I’m not sure yet.

18 Likes

54 replies in 3 hours wowie

Oh wow, this’ll be a nostalgia trip, really interested in trying GMT style minigolf and ballrace again to get a better idea of how much different it was back in the day.

This event is one of the last things I could’ve expected to occur. It looks promising! Hopefully we can make something meaningful of this experience.

I’ve never played gmt so this is so cool to be finally experiencing

1 Like

Nice, this will be a good chance for non gmt players to understand what people liked so much in gmt that tu doesn’t have and give them a good comparison to compare the good and bad points

2 Likes

This is the greatest anniversary event to ever exist.