I think damage zones are still planned:
You can ignore the rest of this post as it’s just me rambling about a bad idea (but maybe better suggestions can come out of this):
quick summary at bottom
This sounds like it would be complicated, but
maybe a weapon zone that determines what weapons you can use
- Player enters teleporter
- Player gets teleported to a
- small box
- with a teleporter on the bottom
- encased in a Weapon Zone
- Weapon Zone has the restrictions of:
Whitelist (instead of Blacklist)
Set Laser Gun, Set Laser Minigun
- Player gets teleported to an arena with the new restrictions
- They can only use a Laser Gun or Laser Minigun
- Arena is encased by a damage zone (players can receive damage in these zones
Weapon zones would have the option to set a
Whitelist or Blacklist - Choose to only allow listed weapons OR block listed weapons
Set or add/remove an item
- Set removes all items and sets item restrictions to the ones listed
- Add/remove includes the item (or restricts it if it’s a blacklist) with your current restrictions
Persistence - Two toggles
Zone: If checked, the player will retain after leaving the zone (checked by default)
Spawn: If checked, the player will retain after spawning
Actually, now that I think about it, maybe it would be better to have an all-encompassing permission zone that updates your permissions
You would have the ability to change a player’s permissions to the configuration set inside a permission zone. This includes the AllowSpecialItems permission (although I don’t know if it is specific down to the weapon or a permission that covers everything).
I think being able to decide the weapons people are able to use inside a PvP zone would be cool. I also think that being able to choose what weapons people can use before entering a zone can be a great addition as well.
When you have a PvP zone with weapon restrictions, you can do things like:
- make a boxing ring anyone can enter at any time from anywhere
- determine what weapons people can use in non-safe zones
When you have a zone that changes a player’s item restrictions/permissions, you can do things like:
- anything in the previous list (as long as you encase the pvp zone inside)
- have a zombie survival condo (where only certain people can use guns while everyone else is restricted to a melee weapon)
- make an arena where everyone has a random weapon selection
I don’t know if/how these volumes would work yet.
It would be cool if we had an all-encompassing volume we could place down and we could just check off what kind it would be (we could have it be a damage + permission-changing volume) but individual zones for each thing could work too.
I agree that condo PvP has a lot of potential. I heard that there were no plans for condo currencies being able to unlock stuff. I remember, however, that Caboose said that condo currency could be used with Condo I/O.
Maybe if condo i/o won’t allow players to buy permissions/stuff in your condo, then you could possibly make a
- Button/teleporter/door that a player pays condo currency to activate
- Player gets teleported to a weapon/permission zone that would add weapons to their current restrictions
- Player gets teleported back to the shop with a new item added to their arsenal
- You have a working weapon shop in your condo now
Honestly, I do not know how pvp zones will work out.
If I am being completely honest, at this point in time I think they will only be zones that players can take damage in.
I think it would be nice to have PvP zones you can restrict weapons in (like in your post) and possibly even zones that allow you to change a player’s permissions/weapon restrictions (which will open up so many more possibilities).