Minigame course - escaping myself (video)

That’s really neat. I have taken note of the suggestions in the video. Our end goal with the Condo is to have I/O support. Being able to hook items up with other items with logic, basically. When this feature is ready, you could connect buttons up to doors. But, we wanted to go more than that, so we have some pretty exciting Condo I/O logic stuff still to be announced.

As for items, I do want to add teleports, teleport pads, locked doors (enter keypad to walk through them), trigger volumes (with the ability to manage jetpacks, jumping, potions, gravity, etc.), moving platforms, death traps (spikes that kill), spawn points (override default spawn point), jump pads (like the ones in lobby already), and sound emitters.

And more crazy ideas that could come up in the future: mounted guns (when weapon prediction comes out), monster spawners (things to shoot at), racing checkpoints/finish line (for RC cars), water cubes, post process override volumes (make it spooky), levers, and variables (basically an item that stores a boolean or int for I/O purposes).

Keep in mind that it will be awhile for all these things to happen. Also, I wouldn’t call all those things officially planned, but don’t be surprised if they get added at some point (because I really want them).

I/O for Condo will really allow people to create crazy things in their Condos and the items above will give them the features to do those things.

Then when Condos have multiple people able to edit them… I can definitely see Condos drastically changing. Fun fact: the snapshot system was built with these ideas in mind, so people can build their chill Condo and swap to their more… interactive Condos.

27 Likes