Emulation With Libretro & Tower Unite

Same CDI is the only CDI emulator that we can use and I’ve tried it and no luck so far. It’s a very new emulator so I’ll check in on it as it updates.

2 Likes

While I haven’t used Condo I/O before as a whole, I’d like if the connection of consoles to media players (TVs) was done a bit more conveniently.

Currently, if I wanted to use a TV both to play videos and to play games on (especially if multiple consoles are available), instead of having some kind of a video input switcher, each console has to be manually connected/disconnected to the video input of the TV using the item edit menu.

I am considering using a separate TV for a more “native” retro experience, so it might not be a huge issue as a whole, but this bugged me out a little.

Any plans to also add PICO-8 support for this in the future? I don’t think/know if that’s in Libretro, and I don’t see it on the list here so I was wondering if there’s anything planned for it?

Media players will have channel/input switchers soon!

I’m adding TIC-80 and LowRes NX support next update, I can look into PICO-8 support.

Update: PICO-8 doesn’t work well, the Libretro port isn’t fully compatible.

4 Likes

Awh, well it’s the thought that counts. I am really happy to hear that you added in NX-- Cave Story’s a game of my childhood, and this means I could (hopefully) play it, Ikachan, and some of the custom-made fan games in Tower! Very cool add. TIC-80 will also be cool though I’ll have to look into what all that has. Again, thanks very much!

UPDATE: Got confused, thought LowRes NX was derivative of Cave Story’s NX Engine. I know NX is within LibRetro, maybe that could be added but regardless LowRes NX is still cool.

1 Like

Playing games with FlyCast defaults to Japanese language. Please automatically make FlyCast edit BIOS settings or add an option to boot to DC BIOS.

I suppose it’d be possible to make a fresh FlyCast instance and copy its .bin files, but that’s a little tedious.

Edit: Nope, starting FlyCast and copying the generated .bin files over those managed by Libretro didn’t work.

1 Like

I have a workaround for this issue for the time being.
While in a Dreamcast game, holding A, B, X, Y and Start (Z, X, C, V, and Enter) will boot you out of the game and into the BIOS.
From there, you can set the language.
Any games you’ve played prior to changing the language will still have a Japanese BIOS and have to be manually set, but any games afterward will start in your set language.

Edit: Adding a visual guide on setting the language for anyone unfamiliar with the Dreamcast’s BIOS

5 Likes

also uh is game com emulation too new? with the touch screen update that console would be interesting to play

Does anyone know why all ps2 games crash? I have made sure that they were compatible in the list and I dont know if it is necessary to use any specific bios for ps2 games, another thing that has happened is that we have noticed that in the psp emulator too many games remain in an infinite loading screen or simply the game crash.

I’m sorry if always have to write negative things, but I use this account because no friend wants to use theirs and they are about 6/7 of them, they literally test emulators every day

From the PS2 games I’ve tested personally, it’s hit or miss simply because the Play! core isn’t really all that great. Though the ones I downloaded and tested work generally okay.

As for PSP games, I haven’t really tested that many (both PSP and PS2 games take a while to download) so I can’t say which ones even “work” or not but from what I have downloaded, all of them ran and worked fine-ish.

Might be a good idea to spruce together a list of games that “work” and don’t for these cores tbh. Though that seems more of a community effort.

Absolutely phenomenal addition to the game. The new duelscren handhelds are dope but most games native are rendered useless as they require the gyroscope feature equipped in those devices. Really hope to see this functionality get added to these devices in the future with proper rotation to utilize the systems but overall blown away - Tower Unite looks stronger than ever.

1 Like

A feature I’d like to see for the two DS handhelds is the ability to make the stylus translucent, and the pointer on the screen to show where you’re clicking to invert the current colours on the screen. As white often blends in with the game, making it hard to tell where you’re tapping.

Is there a way to swap which lightgun it’s emulating for systems that had more than one model?
A game I’m trying to run (Mad Dog McCree for Sega CD) is using the Justifier, but it needs the Menacer or GameGun to work correctly.

Hi, I’ve tried to find a solution to this problem literally everywhere else, all leads went cold.
I’m trying to play 3DS games, and every time I need to type something in, it just autofills to say ‘CITRA’. I don’t get an option whatsoever to type. Is there a workaround? I literally can’t play Tomodachi Life, I don’t want all my characters, island, and everything else to all be named ‘CITRA’.
Thanks!

Tomodachi requires the mii maker which is not a citra inclusion to my knowledge, making it mostly unplayable. If you have found a way to make it work correctly then please do share. The reason for the CITRA name on everything is because it tries making a profile by default as a safe measure without having the actual software.

These need to be updated with touch screen/lightgun sections being added, options past “Handhelds” no longer work to skip down the page.

1 Like

I also would like to ask how the fuck do you press the gas pedal in racing cabinets.

Fixed, thanks! I’m probably gonna make a better website for this as well.

This is so fantastic! Thank you for making such a cool integration, and I can’t wait to see how it gets changed in the future.

Is it possible to get into the emulator settings specifically? I was hoping to put a 30fps framerate on Flycast but can’t seem to figure it out myself. Apologies if this has been asked already!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

You can set a 30 FPS limit on Flycast by pressing either Left Alt or Left Thumb Stick Down.