Emulation With Libretro & Tower Unite

Nice to hear. I don’t know if this is a known problem but I noticed that the cables sometimes stretch and bug out upon a finished condo load and stay like that until it’s reloaded.

edit: it sends me into the floor upon activating any console affect

Greetings @macdguy I would like to ask you a couple of questions

1- Do you plan to implement the gamecube/wii emulator? gamecube has a catalog of very decent games
2- In which update will the brightness correction appear on emulator screens?

any help on how to run dosbox games? i have literally put files and exe inside a zip but when i run it it says “no executable found”, which is not true because it’s part of the zip file

There are some games that require you to press an enter/test, by default it’s set to the F2 key, but in tower it doesn’t allow you to press it with out using the mame controls menu, just thought I’d point this out.

1 Like

mac previously stated that the current OpenGL for dolphin is bugged and would require fixing in order to work. they also stated that brightness would be in a near update but there is a lot to tweak and fix in a big update like this

1 Like

Brightness slider is being added in the next update:

1 Like

Flycast has some clock speed issues, but it’s on a game-by-game basis.

I’ve tested five Dreamcast games so far and two out of five work normally.

Soulcalibur and Daytona USA (Known internationally as Daytona USA 2001) runs normally, but Shenmue, Hydro Thunder and Re-Volt run too fast. Shenmue specifically also has choppy audio.

Edit to add a game I tested.

if you mean dolphin then its libretro core is not stable so it wasnt implemented

2 Likes

In the next update, you’ll be able to toggle on 30 FPS mode with Left Alt / Left Stick Down to fix this.

3 Likes

Why play and not pcsx2? play seems real laggy.

It’s highly unstable

1 Like

I know others have mentioned this but there’s a problem with PPSSPP where it is resetting the audio to zero in the core which is a known issue with the core but fixable with the settings, from what I read it isn’t exactly only one way to fix it but a couple and not sure if it could be done due to how tower handles the cores but maybe it would be possible to force it to not set its own audio to 0% or have it to where when the core is loaded by tower it fully resets and maybe that could help as a work around for the audio bug.

3 Likes

I tried to see if I could do something client side by swapping out the core for the same one when it was unloaded while in game but the audio being at 0% still persisted as well as I downloaded the core from retroarch and put that into tower as well but stuck with the same issue so it leads me to believe it is a core settings issue

2 Likes

how do i add the bios into tower unite?

1 Like

If you have your bios files they go in the same folder as the ROMs

Anyone else having the issue where starting any game just teleports them to a different part of the map where they are stuck until they press ctrl? I was able to get Mario 64 to work once but now it just teleports me

1 Like

This update has been amazing! I’m curious though if it’d ever be possible to play multiplayer games with friends? That or if your friend has the same game file they can watch you play the game in your condo?

i do, they dont work unless i put in the wrong ones? (trying to get Saturn working)

They don’t go in the same folder. BIOS should be placed in […]/Steam/steamapps/common/Tower Unite/Tower/Libretro/System/ - you’ll know you’re there when you see a .txt file titled “_Place BIOS Files Here”.

Happy emulatin’! ^u^

1 Like

is there any plans for cd-i emulation?