Emulation With Libretro & Tower Unite

Core settings are applied with a static key/value pair array right now. So, you can’t really adjust these core settings yet. I am working on exposing this. I need to implement the Libretro API get options function to display all the core settings as well. I’d be happy to talk about how you were able to get the other cores going! Could just send me a DM and we can talk there.

1 Like

This sounds obnoxious, but assuming the DOSBox and the other “Computer” emulators have core options that let you affect the CPU speed sorta like Dolphin and some other emulators do, it’d be goofy if could like- slap together D.I.Y. computers with parts bought from Central Circuit, and depending on the parts you buy they let you run the games at higher or lower speeds. Like if PC Building Simulator had more than just a faked 3DMark that changed depending on the components.

1 Like

In the next update, there’s going to be some core changes.

• MAME 2010 will replace the old MAME 2003 Plus core
    This will add a lot more compatibility and support for most 3D MAME games and CHD-based games!

Note: Final Burn Neo will still be chosen as the preferred core, if the game is supported. It’ll fall back to MAME 2010.

• Citra2018 will be updated to just Citra
    This will update us to the latest Citra, adding lots of compatibility updates, performance improvements, and C-Stick support!

I have also fixed the Left Joystick not functioning properly with Citra, allowing for games that use both the Joystick and D-Pad to function properly.

• mGBA will become the preferred core, replacing VB Advance

• PPSSPP save data will now function, along with speed fixes

• Virtual Jaguar will automatically apply the “virtualjaguar_doom_res_hack” core option, which fixes certain games having resolution issues

• Flycast will now support WinCE games, at least with the ones that are compatible with the emulator core

• Mednafen PSX & Yabause games will no longer be cut off, and will display properly on the screens now

• DeSmume will have a simulated touchscreen with the Right Stick

10 Likes

Will you guys be adding another emulator item with duel screens for DS and 3DS emulation?

is there a layout or guide to putting art on arcade machines? i edited an image for the racing cabinet and it seems to have been stretched and offset, here’s the comparison:

Here’s the templates for the arcade machine textures:

4 Likes

hi all i tried putting a dos games in a zip and put it in the dosbox folder, (zip is just two folder and one exe, very basic) but dobox pure cannot recgonzie it, depite it being recognized in the game list

is it possible to have a tutorial for it? i cut and pasted a side art cabinet in one of the masher template, uploaded it to imgur but still doesn’t show up

I noticed that certain Dreamcast titles (Sonic Adventure and THPS2) actually get the same speed bug as most PSP games.

can you please tell me which procedure you used? i zipped the doom files in a zip but dosbox pure says “no valid exe found” and everything is in the root

Not sure if I’m missing anything but keyboard mode doesn’t seem to be working at all. When I enable it none of the keys seem to do anything.

1 Like

Is this cabinets glass supposed to be so wrong to the screen? The glass bevels forward away from the inner monitor. It blocks the upper part of the screen, I’m aware I could change the glass sticker, but it would be nice to see it working with the original.
This is as far as I’m aware the original art for dig dug.

1 Like

this is really really cool as a fan of emulation this is very well done …however i tried to set up Daytona USA via MAME but i can’t access the Service button to get into the settings screen to turn off multiplayer and change the Region from Japan to USA i slid my finger across every single key on my keyboard and nothing happened don’t suppose in a future update we could manually map our keys to control the emulator ?

the only other thing that was problematic was the brightness but i already read that was being addressed so good on that

looking forward to where this goes in the future

Nice work with this, pretty fun to mess with.
Tested it out on Steam Deck and found I could link rom files from my library into Tower Unite’s folders without issue, thus saving space and my organizing method.
Guess that was always an option for other emulation frontends and such but I wasn’t sure it woulda worked with a game running via proton.

It’s a bit weird to play virtual handhelds in a game on a real handheld.

Looking forward to making a big ol homebrew and indie games set.

2 Likes

Will it be possible to add a motorcycle cabinet like for super hang-on in real life?

For MAME, to access the service menu you need to press the Right Stick button down. I plan to bind this to a key in the future. Every feature is getting improved as I go.

We have a few cabinets in work that will come at later dates such as Lightgun cabinets (3-4 variations), a bike cabinet, and others. I also plan to have a way to replace joystick buttons with spinners, trackballs, and flight sticks.

3 Likes

Not sure if I missed this, but would it be possible to let us alter the camera placement/orientation when playing on a console inside condos? On some screens it feels too zoomed out, on others too zoomed in, etc. It’d be great if we could just set the exact location of where we want the camera.

Initial update was jawdropping, now the clear communication and quick hotfix makes it so much better (this officially justifies buying over 120 bucks in copies for friends lmao).

May I ask, though, will there be holders for the media cartridges/disks? Like a disk or cartidge case that uses the snap/magnetic of throwing a cartridge into a console and aligns them in a preset way. Sorting them is already a (well–worth) nightmare lol.

4 Likes

This was my first thought when I threw more than 3 carts on the ground, we definitely need one of those old bulk CD cases that every one destroyed there disks with in the 90s/2000s that you can pick up and flip through.

Yes, we’re working on this.

1 Like