Emulation With Libretro & Tower Unite

Hooooly… now that’s something i hadn’t expected to come along. Not that I’m complaining…

2 Likes

We’re working on one for future updates.

1 Like

a quick question, picked a ps1 game and the right side is being cropped off, does that on cabinets too. Is there a setting to fix aspect ratios or make games fit within borders?

1 Like

err… i just reset the game, and it seems ok now, so idk what that was about.

Edit: There’s a little bit of weirdness when switching between cabinets and handhelds, or anywhere that the ratio changes for ps1 games, i’m not sure on other ones. Resetting the game resolves it though I guess.

1 Like

Mentioned this in the Discord already, but the PPSSPP double speed issues only seem to be happening on games with 3d elements; games with only 2d elements seem to run at normal speed (though I’ve only tested one game).

Also, do any of the emulators actually support saves (outside of save states)? PSP games kept thinking I had a memory stick with 0 mb of space in it, while PS2 games just thought I had no memory card whatsoever.

1 Like

Colors look super bright sometimes, is there a fix to this cause most games look super good.

Saving Crash Bash (PS1 emu) made a save file in the Saves folder. It does seem to work.

This has got to be the best update you guys brought out this far. This is fucking insane that you guys pulled this off and I just really hope you guys don’t get sued because of this which hopefully you won’t at all. This just came right out of the blue and made me respect you guys even more. Cannot wait to play emulated games in the plaza!!!

1 Like

emulation is perfectly legal, its distrubting ROMs and console BIOS which isnt. the devs have made it clear they dont condone this and wont allow it in their discord, so they should be fine

5 Likes

I’m currently working on:

• PPSSPP fps issues (double speed) fixed in next update
  • PPSSPP save issues fixed in next update
  • Mednafen PSX cropped image issues fixed in next update
  • DeSmume lacking simulated touchscreen fixed in next update
  • Theater screen rotation issues when playing consoles connected to it
  • Keybinds for Libretro
  • Brightness settings
  • Consoles connecting to media players on condo load, causing wires to appear everywhere fixed in next update
  • Consoles connecting to media players that already have a console hooked up to it fixed in next update
6 Likes

Yes they do, you can actually dump in a previous save from an actual emulator if you want to, or even export (i think) your save from tower.

I forget off the top of my head where it is located, it may be Tower>Liberetro>Saves>Core I believe

At least, thats where I found and replaced my .dsv pokemon save.

Idk about saves for games from emulators ive never used before like playstation and such though.

If networking becomes a thing, Are there any plans to support multiplayer game roms?

Now that’s a point to r/itrunsdoom

1 Like

Amazing stuff, thank you for all of your hard work on this! So excited to see what comes from this

1 Like

this is amazing i love it

3 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for the info! :grin:

1 Like

actually incredibly based

3 Likes

This is really neat, hoping for network support eventually.

However, a lot of the emulator cores are licensed under GPLv2, GPLv3, and various non-commercial licenses.

I am not a lawyer but GPLv3 states that

For example, Corresponding Source includes […] the source code for shared libraries and dynamically linked subprograms

This seems to indicate that by linking to GPLv3’d libraries you’re implicating your code is part of it’s source, and since it GPLv3’s that source, it must be made open.

There’s also all of the various non-commercial licenses that state they can’t be used in any commercially sold product such as Genesis Plus GX.

Redistributions may not be sold, nor may they be used in a commercial
product or activity

How are you dealing with this?

1 Like

Is there a Default Z trigger key on keyboard for the Mupen 64? cant seem to find it if there is.

1 Like

I tried it and my keyboard input doesn’t work properly in dosbox, the keys are mismatched.