Crash On Startup, No Error Message

Yes, drivers are up to date as well. This wasn’t happening until I completely upgraded the PC. I can’t seem to figure out what is going wrong here though. I thought it was Unreal Engine itself that was conflicting somehow at first but ARK as example starts up fine. Unless TU runs on another build that I seemed to have missed.

1 Like

Unsure what version Ark uses but TU does run on an older build of the engine.

EDIT: You stalking me, Kingston? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

EDIT2: You liked this post like a freakin nanosecond after I posted it. lol

Intel® Core™ Processor i7-11700KF 8/16 3.60GHz

bump

3 Likes

I posted a thread about having this issue back in April 16. I havn’t gotten any further response about it either (first reply didn’t work). I suspected at first that it’s just 11th gen cpus having this issue, since it was the only component I changed in my build.

1 Like

Its been a few days. Would at least like confirmation that the issue is getting looked into. Really want to play the game with my wife now that we both have gaming PCs

We are looking into it, but we don’t work on weekends. We’ve been trying to figure out the cause.

On Monday I’ll be setting up a test branch of the game to see if that resolves it for everyone here. I’ll give info on how to switch to the branch.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for the update. I assumed you guys were working on something, just wanted to make sure.

1 Like

Thank you! I was about to suggest on another post I saw that it was possible 11th Gen causing issues with the game. I’ll be sure to test it when it does go live

I haven’t even played this game before but I’m having same issues in some other games.
Built a new PC with i9-11900k and had to used my old 2070.

I tried to play A Way Out with a friend but the game crashes without any error or log after about 2 minutes. Doesn’t matter if I start the lobby or just stay in the menu.

Same thing with Breathedge. Bought it few days ago and wasn’t able to play it because exactly the same thing happens.

All of these games including TU use Unreal Engine 4 so that might be related.
Thought this info might help you resolve it and maybe hopefully help make a global fix or something like that.

2 Likes

Awesome.

So to give an update on this, we believe it’s an issue with the Intel drivers and Windows. This effects many other Unreal 4 games. We are still looking for a solution, but it definitely seems to only effect 11th gen Intel users right now.

3 Likes

Hello everyone.

We have hopefully some good news with this. In looking for other developers who have had this issue, we’ve stumbled on some posts by other Unreal Engine developers looking for solutions.

On this post, we’ve found a potential workaround, which PUBG disseminated to their player base.

The potential workaround can be found here. Please let us know if this is helpful. Intel Ice Lake CPU - Crash Workaround - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

For those curious, Intel made a post about this issue in 2019 (which we and other developers apparently never got the memo about), which goes into more detail about the issue. OpenSSL* SHA Crash Bug Requires Application Update

We have found a patch made by Epic Games to integrate the fix into our game, and will be working to have this patch integrated in a future update.

Again, please let us know if the workaround above helps or doesn’t help.

9 Likes

This worked, thank you!!!

1 Like

Thank you so much, this fixed it and fixed Paladins as well lol.

1 Like

Thank you, this worked !

2 Likes

The PUBG post doesn’t work anymore also it’s been a year where the f*ck is the update

I’m done with this game I can’t be arsed I’m asking for a refund

The crash on start up has long been resolved.

There’s an update on the situation in this thread:

1 Like