Canvas not loading since recent update [0.17.9.0]

Just throwing it out there for data: I have this issue recently as well. Ryzen 9 7950X/RTX3090. Canvases usually don’t load at all but sometimes a small amount will load. Clearing canvas cache, verifying files, or reinstalling has no effect for me. Its very similar behavior as the pre-engine upgrade issue for certain generation Intel CPUs people experienced.

From our investigations, it seems to occur when there are many broken URL links. The broken links seem to halt the CPU from loading the next set of images, then gets stuck infinitely loading which will break until the game is rebooted. We are looking into ways to resolve this.

4 Likes

…any progress??

My AMD brothers and sisters,

It looks like a BIOS update fixed my Canvas and Game Hanging issues with the AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, specifically a BIOS update with the updated AMD AGESA 1.1.7.0 Patch A. The update was released for my motherboard on Apr 22, 2024 and I updated today.

I make no promises this fix will work for everyone, but it did for me.

If you do plan update your BIOS please do so at your own risk and good luck.

2 Likes

OK

So, In my typical fashion I found how it can still break after my BIOS update.

So I can pull an image link from most anywhere, using google images as my test bench, and canvas loads. Great! Wasn’t doing that before.

BUT, if I try and pull images a newly uploaded image link from either of my Dropbox accounts we go back to the spinning icon. Once that happens can’t see player condos or plazas and when I quit TU stays running in task manager and I have to end task.

More data for the bug report.

1 Like

4 Likes

Quick update.

Adding Canvases (not using Dropbox) is still working within my Condo 99%.

I moved and verified all my images to new image host to insure no broken URLs.

But once in a while I will have a new canvas come up as spinning icon and will need to save, quit, end task and reload my condo and image will load and things are fine.

Other player condos still present with non loading / spinning icon canvases. Once my session experiences a spinning icon canvas TU will produce the following issues:

• Plaza Menu / Player Condo Menu Hangs (Spinning UPDATING)

• Quitting TU shows GUI closes, but Steam will report TU as still open and you must end task to stop it. The stuck TU task is using approx. 2.6GB of RAM.

• Reloading TU and re-entering the Player Condo with spinning icon canvases does not fix any of said canvases.

“Data! data! data! I can’t make bricks without clay.”

3 Likes

Thank you for all the additional information. We are still trying to pinpoint the issue.

2 Likes

Just bumping, having same issue for months now.

AMD Ryzen 9 7900X
Cannot load any canvases in other players’ condos
Cannot load any workshop models in other players’ condos
Quitting game closes application but leaves an open background process making steam report it as still running clicking stop on steam will close it though
Condo menu 9/10 times does not load any condos
Clearing canvas cache and verifying game files in steam doesn’t seem to do anything for me

canvases work fine for me.

same here