Canvas not loading since recent update [0.17.9.0]

This did not work, however I did notice that tower seems to reliably not be able to close properly and persists as memory allocation after exiting the game, could this be related?
The more images I seem to load, the bigger of a memory leak that occurs when i exit the game.

AM5 Ryzen 7 78003XD
16 DDR5 Ram

I have the same issue, I have not tried the Intel fix but figure worth mentioning since I’m having this issue as well.

I’ve got a test link, could someone try using this on a canvas to see if it loads for them? It’s a non-https link and I’d like to rule out that ue4.22 didn’t fix https for intel but then break it for AMD or something.

The image:
http://cdn.towerunite.com/images/GlobeTrotter.png

Loads fine for me, AMD Ryzen 7 2700

Were you experiencing the canvas issues?

nah

i tried this link and its the same thing and i am experiencing the issue

Seems like maybe just newer AMD processers than older ones, sorta like how Intel had issues with newer CPUs, will need to know other peoples AMD CPU specs

same thing still loading

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D

Sorry could you clarify that you mean same thing as in it’s not working or it is?

sorry i meant to say its not working. I still have the same issue

Ah okay, thank you, well that rules out HTTPS as the issue at least.

Just to add, this loads fine on my AMD Ryzen 5 3600X. Probably affects newer AMD CPUs.

been testing stuff

Some of my condos the images load fine and i can build and add images and see them. Sometimes they wont load but closing out and verifying files and joining back in seems to fix this. It only applies to some of my condos. Older condos With imgur and catbox hosts are only loading some images and verifying doesn’t change this.

In other players condos. It seems completely random if and what photos decide to load. I noticed today i tried placing an image co op and it wouldn’t load. i copied it with the glove and then it loaded but only on the copied canvas and its only doing it for some images it seems random.

1 Like

Same issue here, canvases won’t load anywhere, tested the test image also.
Verifying files, clearing cache and reinstalling didn’t work.

I’m running an AMD Ryzen 9 7950X.

Adding my experience to this.
I have an AMD 7800X3D CPU and am having this issue too. nearly 99% of the time I enter a condo every image is spinning and won’t load. I can’t even add images myself to my own canvas in my condo sometimes as they spin also. I have noticed that when this canvas bug happens I also can’t use the Plaza browser or Condo browser as they spin constantly. I have tried verifying integrity of game files, a full reinstall, running in DX10, different internet connections and it still results in this issue. I also have the issue where the game won’t actually close when I close the program, forcing me to do a force close through Steam.

I also have this issue. Using AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Sometimes restarting fixes the issue, but for some condos nothing fixes it.
Have tried verifying Steam cache, deleting the Tower Unite cache folders, and running DX10.
Seemingly the canvases are never downloaded: the loading bar popup at the bottom of the UI never shows up for them.

1 Like

Mac was able to get the bug to occur on his test machine, which isn’t AMD which is good for us because now we can replicate it, so hopefully we’ll have more news on this soon.

3 Likes

I just got a brand new pc with the AMD 7800X3D, and 4080 Super GPU and all my canvases aren’t working. They still work on my other PC with an Intel I7-7700k and a 1070ti.