Arcade Development: Arcade Machines and You

Heya Emperor, Pinball has previously been suggested already. In the future, please post suggestions to this part of the forum instead of as a reply in threads (thank you!):

Make sure to use the search function before posting so as not to clutter the forum up with duplicate suggestions.

2 Likes

Can we please stop this?

8 Likes

he probably meant “illegal” as a figure of speech since you have asked the same thing about main focus multiple times, and referred to the fact that the devs having a main focus on something, yet doing other things as well isnt a main focus, asking the same thing about main focus and not getting an answer probably means that the devs dont want to cause another situation like what happened on the “Concerns About Community Condos” thread.

but to answer
the thread about the release of fishing shows at the bottom this image, the images are the next main focuses (along with other small features with the big one that is) , here it shows arcade, meaning yes there main focus is arcade with small extra things in it.

12 Likes

Yeah but you see the thing was I asked Mac three different times, and all three of those times he ignored me instead of just answering the first time, so I wasn’t gonna go ignored.

Common courtesy to get the message that perhaps Arcade IS the focus right now, just sayin’

10 Likes

Do keep in mind that the devs are busy. Pixeltail has no community manager. No one here is owed a response from any of them, and many times questions do simply go unanswered. Your best bet for getting an official answer on anything is usually to make a thread in Questions, though this doesn’t guarantee anything.

7 Likes

Several people on this thread, two developer logs, this thread itself, all the various Trello arcade only updates, and patch notes that show what is upcoming, all state arcade is our main focus now.

We cannot reply to every message (because we are busy working on the game) and questions already answered by other people is sufficient unless we need to correct or clarify. We do read every message though.

He is just trying to stir the pot.

20 Likes

Naw I wasn’t trying to stir the pot I was just asking you a question that I couldn’t find the answer to, but now I have my answer that is contradictory to the answer you gave.

I am having a hard time understanding this. First off, you claim that you were asking a question with an answer you couldn’t find, though Mac pointed out multiple places in which the answer you seemingly sought was stated, even in direct response to you. But now you say you have an answer contradictory to Mac’s, despite being the exact same you have been told?

6 Likes

Man I’m so excited for the Arcade. I can’t wait to waste all of my time raging at the Dizzy machine like in real life!

Seriously can we get this thread back to the Arcade

13 Likes

yes we can

Arcades are cool, and I’m excited for this one. Great work on the art and whatnot so far, devs. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

Will the quarter items (the ones you will find during the treasure hunt at the beaches) be used as the currency to play in the arcade?

I know it can be a flaw since a lot of people have to wait 30 mins. to have a chance to get the coins from the minigame, as well it will be a pain for new people to figure out how to play on the machines.

The only pros I have is the usages of the quarters as well more people want to do the treasure hunt minigame.

5 Likes

I just had a really good idea for the quarters

what if there were machines in the arcade like this that used quarters to give you a prize

21 Likes

Keep it on topic. You’ve already had an entire thread dedicated to this.

6 Likes

???ON TOPIC RELATED QUESTION???

how will the workshop stuff work with the arcade cabinets, will you be able to get a arcade cabinets from a milestone, buy-able one or something that you can place and load up custom workshop arcade games on it, or will there be like a set of arcade cabinets that you can load up any workshop game onto it when you use it?

It’ll be an item you can unlock at the store with units. You can set the game like you would with the workshop model item. And the Arcade will also have cabinets that can load any workshop game.

1 Like

would it be possible to have a Workshop featured one in the arcade that gets the top weekly voted game that will be set on it of them, it will automatically set it based on the top featured and at the end of the week all the votes get wiped and the next game will be voted for the week.

3 Likes

I want THIS banana

3 Likes

This is confirmed an item.

14 Likes