Arcade Development: Arcade Machines and You

Then sock a sack works

this is incredible! i canā€™t wait for this. iā€™ve been anticipating the arcade since GMTā€™s Lobby 2 and i never couldā€™ve imagined itā€™d be as grand as this. best of luck with it, iā€™ll be waiting!!

4 Likes

I cannot believe how elaborate the arcade is going to be. Watching this project since GMT, genuinely couldnā€™t imagine we would be getting such huge content; especially when considering its only one part of the lobby, and the lobby is only one part of the game.

Cannot wait to see what the games start to look like :eyes:

4 Likes

If I recall correctly we had a Blockles game in Gmod Tower that was like Tetris.

I believe itā€™s not coming back due to copyright issues?

But still all of them seem great

Yeah it isnā€™t coming back, but thereā€™s absolutely nothing stopping someone from making a clone for the workshop

Kept you waiting, uh?

Why do I get the feeling that the 0.9 update will release early instead of the other ones? (Not that Iā€™m complaining, of course)

Also consider adding some pinball machines to the list of games please. Used to play the shite out of those in my local arcade :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are the arcades like Dizzy rigged like IRL or do it work properly?
No offense, just curious.

Great work guys, canā€™t wait to try it!

1 Like

None of the arcade machines are designed to be rigged (with the exception of Wheel of Fire, which is explicitly RNG). That doesnā€™t mean theyā€™ll be easy, though. Weā€™ll have to wait until release to really get a feel for how hard the machines are.

1 Like

Wow. Just wow. You guys are really going above and beyond with this arcade. I wonā€™t ever question how long until something comes out because if you guys are putting this much work into it, then I could wait as long as it takes.

1 Like

will we be able to purchase these machines for our condos

Besides DDR, if that can (hopefully) be finalized, Pump it Up (Korean DDR) is a good option too.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s currently talk about having the machines be unlockable at the ticket store but the games wonā€™t award tickets and instead reward condo points (if the condo owner allows it).

12 Likes

What are condo points?

Maybe they meant Condo EXP?

No, I thought condo points were supposed to be a currency for your condo? I remember seeing it being spoken about

2 Likes

I would love to see a reaction time test kind of machine where you have to hit lit up buttons, like the video below. You could have it so people have to click them fast or assign each light to a keyboard button.

In the latest weekly dev log, they did state that the arcade is their main focus right now.

3 Likes

Is multitasking illegal now?

EDIT: The post I was responding to got deleted.

8 Likes

But can we play Tower Unite as an arcade game? I hear itā€™s fun.

1 Like

Hey Mac I am wondering have you guys thought of adding some Pinball machines to the arcade as well? Not sure if you thought about adding Pinball machine games. Is it possible for you guys to be able to add Pinball machines to the arcade if not on release then in a future update?

2 Likes