Additional Condo I/O connections for existing items

For counters affecting other counters, would be useful if the add/subtract/multiply/set option had an option to just pass through the input counter’s current value.

Also, outputs on the counter to set the min/max value?

5 Likes

Adding an “on Last Leave” to the triggers would be super nice as well, having a minigame stop because people don’t want to read floating text and leave the area instead of pressing k or ask for a tp while others are playing,

5 Likes

For the trigger volume, an option to pass through the number of players/physics items/both in the volume on enter/leave.

2 Likes

For the Christmas Tree with Train and Christmas Toy Train items, the ability to turn off the train would be nice–which isn’t a thing we can do without IO, but it’d be kinda swag if it got that ability and then we could also turn it on/off/toggle with IO.

Also being able to adjust the “Transform Down” setting of the Futon Sofa would be nice, so you don’t have to go in to the properties every time.

For sound emitters it’d be useful if you could set them to play a specific sound, other than their currently selected one. Right now if you want to have multiple unique sound cues come from the same source you need to put multiple sound emitters in the same spot, and it’d be nice to be able to use just one.

Also for lights it’d be nice if the Flash action had a slider to adjust how long the light stays on before turning off.

Also also I wouldn’t be surprised if this was already planned but SetCanvas should be able to pick from the Select Surface menu along with image links.

5 Likes

Libretro items could have OnPressed/OnSit/OnLeave events, as well as a set game event, the SetColorBlahblah events that other items have, an eject event, and one to change the properties of the connected screen like saturation, scanlines, and uhh the other one uhh glare. Also with the scanlines and such, regular media players could also maybe get those? Like if you want it to be shiny while it’s off just for looks, but want it to be matte while it’s actually playing something, being able to change that with OnMediaStarted and OnMediaEnded could be nice.

Also the Fire FX item lacks SetColor.

2 Likes

fireworks should have ignite, launch, and explode events! you’d be able to hook up a button press to ignite a firework, instantly launch it (without a fuse), or to have it instantly explode

Text signs have glow, but no SetEmissive connection feature.

1 Like

Launcher Pad: Activate, Deactivate, SetLaunchSpeed, ShowTrajectory, LockMovement
Security Keypad: OnCancel, OnKey1, OnKey2…

1 Like

Party Light, Emergency Light, and Heart Lamp: SetSpinSpeed

Sound emitter currently features FadeOUT only with IO.
Suggestion: Adding FadeIN and PitchRelative IO connexions.

2 Likes

For ladders:
OnStartClimbing: triggers when a player begins climbing a ladder that’s not in instant climb mode
OnStopClimbing: triggers when a player jumps off a ladder that’s not in instant climb mode

1 Like

Damage / Heal Volumes: SetDamageAmount, SetFrequency (Damage/Heal Over Time setting), SetDamageType, and then I don’t know how to word one for toggling between healing and damaging.

3 Likes

really hoping to see FadeIn soon :frowning:

2 Likes

We just got it!

5 Likes

AMAZING, thank you devs!!!

1 Like

Some ones for items with slidey bits-

Spotlight/lightpanels getting the height, pan, and tilt. Also spotlights getting the ability to change the cone angle. Also radius and brightness and stuff in general for lights.

And then the main one that made me want to make this post, being able to adjust Seat Height and Rotation Angle. I had the idea of putting a hidden button over the lever underneath the seat to make it like drop down or lift up depending on if someones sitting in it, but you can’t do that. I also learned that if you hit that thing it makes you spin in the chair, I think having a Spin output would be cool so you can do it without having to sit in it.

2 Likes

I’d love the ability to switch laser projector patterns with Condo I/O.

2 Likes

I’m just gonna tack this here as a related topic because I don’t think people saw it before properly.

Would be nice for the Spirit-Bored to have the following inputs for it;
Glow colour - For those that want to change the mood of the response with colour
Player Question - So players can adjust or add new questions through I/O
Answer - So players can adjust the response through I/O

And the following additional outputs;
OnGoodbye - Self explanatory

That way people could make their own list of possible questions to ask the Spirit-Bored

1 Like