[Halloween 2023] Old Halloween Decorative Item Upgrades/Polish suggestions Thread

Howdy! I wanted to make a community thread for folks if they had any suggestions in regards to past Halloween items that they feel need an upgrade or further polishing. I’ll start off with a few things I know of:

1. None of what I refer to as the “Mad Laboratory” items (Frankenstein Machine and Bed, Tesla Coil, Jacob’s Ladder, Lightning Machine or Plasma Machine) have any actual interactive use or I/O inputs whatsoever, nor can they be edited beyond simple colors. The only exclusion for this is the Frankenstein Bed, which was only recently updated. If we could have some I/O inputs and the ability to edit things like the intervals by which the electric arcs appeared, the color of the arcs, other colors on the items, as well as some level of interactive functionality (the Frankenstein Machine, Plasma Machine, and Lightning Machine could all act as buttons, switches, or general toggles) it would greatly aid the usefulness of these items.

2. The Iron Maiden should have better sounds from the Metal Door to accentuate it’s heavy and gruesome nature. Right now, it opens with the sounds of a dainty little cabinet, and I’d argue that’s not very threatening.

3. I’m not sure if Chain items were ever given a slacked version, but if they could, it would be greatly appreciated.

4. There’s a handful of sounds that I think would be handy for Halloween Sound Emitters that I haven’t heard anyone mention so far:

Grandfather/Clocktower Chimes
    Clocktower Gears
    Old-fashioned Elevator Ding
    Creaky Floorboards / Creakiness
    Halloween bass drop (from Dark Voyage ride)

5. The Wooden Gear items could be given metal or rusty variants, and they can turn intermittently, akin to large clockwork gears, rather than smoothly. This can help with builds needing a more grungy, older mechanical vibe. I’d also like to suggest actual clockwork-style gears as well, to add to this.

6. Some items that I think could also be fitting for the Halloween Season:

• Victorian Time Machine: Based off the 1960-something movie, and in turn, based off the classic H.G. Wells novel, it could be a decorative prop that can be entered and then activated, transporting the user and any passengers to a different location with added visual effects. It could also have I/O inputs to recall, remotely activate/deactivate, or even just light up.

• The Rack, The Wheel, and The Guillotine:
As the name suggests, and to pair with the torture dungeon-related items Potato teased earlier, each of these items are interactive, where a player can be placed inside, and then meticulously tortured or killed at anyone else’s discretion. You could also extend this to the Electric Chair, having it send off sparks and electrocuting people to death when activated while they’re sitting in it.

• Mashy-Spike plates: Akin to their non-mashy cousins, these spike plates are mounted on pneumatic pistons that propel them into other surfaces, with the aim of making the goriest sandwich known to man. These would be fun for obvious reasons.

• Lightning-Arc Strings: These can be made using the string lights as a basis, but they can appear as either wires, constant lightning bolts, or periodic arcs. Perfect for Mad Science!

• Deadly Death Laser of Doom: A self-explanatory giant-ass laser cannon. When fired, it disintegrates everything it hits, and can be wired to mechanisms to allow it’s aim, charge time, and other features controlled via I/O.

• Doomed Shotgun: Harkening the grungy rock and 90s vibe, this weapon equip you can get gives you a double-barreled shotgun with infinite ammo and enough pellets in the shot to eviscerate any living creature within a 120 degree radius of the barrel. It also looks cool as hell.

• The BAFG 9500: Harkening even more 90s vibes, this gigantic laser bazooka has enough firepower to blow a hole in the surface of mars. Have fun shooting your friends with it!

And that’s everything I can think of! If you guys have any ideas, throw em down here!

I would love to be able to re-colour the cauldron colour & glowing effects on the “Evil Cauldron” item from 2017.

I’m messing with Condo I/O at the moment and it’s amazing that you can colour the contents in the cauldron but very unfortunate that you still have to deal with the red & green glow that comes with the item :frowning:

Similarly, I’d love to be able to colour the bubbles in the “Cauldron” item from 0.1.0.0. Changing the contents to say, purple, will still have green bubbles.

The ability to have them empty would be great as well!

1 Like

Well outside of one guy here I guess this post got passed over, rip.

Sad.