[56K Modem Warning] Tower Unite Discord Development Sneak Peek

June 18th, 2019

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent. All images/media posted by developers are copyright PixelTail Games LLC .

22 Likes

These look incredible! The quality has gone way above my expectations and now i’m even more excited for arcade. :star_struck:

7 Likes

I can’t wait for Fishing 2 to come out

5 Likes

Will the skeeball aim arrow be lengthened? It looks like it’d be hard to see where you’re aiming as is.

6 Likes

Nice

12 Likes

Are these sounds placeholders for arcade ?

Sounds aren’t final. Well, nothing is final here. This is all work in progress.

9 Likes

June 20th, 2019

Notice: All items below are provided without context. There is NO guarantee anything featured in them will be present in the final release. These items are shown from RAW development. Items are in chronological order, bottom being most recent. All images/media posted by developers are copyright PixelTail Games LLC .

29 Likes

Is the declaration for things being not final, final?

Only a sith deals in absolutes.

4 Likes

The lighting looks so good there

5 Likes

Such. Pretty. Colors.

2 Likes

June 22nd, 2019

28 Likes

Really nice sounds for skee ball.

and for simon says you still keybind the colors on 1 2 3 4 ? so we dont need to press with mouse on it?

wondering how the third person animations would look on a smaller workshop model, and if size does play into how the skeeball is thrown.
could be something to show or test before release?

they should just give different sized stools for them to stand on

6 Likes

We’ve talked about adding little stools.

12 Likes

June 26th, 2019

28 Likes

Minecraft 2 is looking great.

5 Likes

I’m gonna explain some of these pictures just because.

We decided to make a system for 2D/3D games that we personally design (different from the 2D API that is for Workshop games) that allows us to render 3D assets on to the screens. This is particularly useful because we can do 3D games, replication, lighting, particles, characters, and use the weapon system.

Going further on this idea, I setup a little test tile map and rendered it out to the screen. The next logical step was to try rendering 3D objects and pass them through a filter.

By doing this we can allow player models from Workshop enter as sprites and use our animations just like they would in 3D. This opens a lot of possibilities.

So in the first screen shot you can see the pixelated version of the models. Being rendered at 128x128 resolution with a nearest neighbor filter and color limits.

And the second screenshot is how it would look in 3D.

This of course renders for other players as well, so you can watch other players play the game and also allows for multiplayer support.

Should also mention I’ve setup the system to handle putting players into these arcade games and all that. We can create multiple instances by using level streaming. It’s very similar to how minigames work currently, only rendered to an arcade cabinet.

35 Likes