What I'll do when Workshop Support comes out. ;3

I was searching through my addons folder when I found something ancient. Old GMod Tower assets. And I have been listening to all of the old music files for the games. And I thought “Hey! When Tower Unite has Workshop Support, maybe I’ll make a mod for it!” What if, I could get all the music and sound effects from GMod Tower, and make a mod which uses GMod Tower stuff instead of the Tower Unite stuff, for each of the gamemodes?

Now before you question me, yes. I know that the music is copyrighted. But still! I want to feel like a kid again! I MISS GMOD TOWER SO MUCH! AND I WASN’T EVEN THERE FOR THE CLOSURE! And even if the addon gets a copyright strike, I will get it, not you guys(I’m not completely sure)!

If you want to listen to one, I can sample one(Only if you want me to).

Ok, you can speak now. ;3

-Max

2 Likes

Also, I might need to learn how to mod Tower Unite too. :3

As far it goes, workshop content can’t really get copyrighted 'cause of fair use or something.

Perfect! <3

1 Like

As long as you don’t sell the mod for real money, there should be no problem at all

1 Like

Of course I won’t sell it for money! It will be free! Like everything else is on the Steam Workshop! :3

1 Like

I would be looking forward for this! We just need to await the release of Workshop support (it seems like a really far away goal…) and learn how to create mods and how to upload them to the Tower Unite workshop.

I’m looking forward to the release of Workshop support, and I hope the developers can allow as much functionality as possible to mods so projects like this can become realities.

2 Likes

I hope so too! They use Unreal Engine to make the game, so it shouldn’t be that hard to make mods! <;3

1 Like

i keep telling people that when a mod comes out that replaces the tu music with the gmt music i’ll download it, and you might be the guy that makes it

I’m kicking around some playermodel and possible workshop content ideas so I can jump right in to the modding. One hope is they don’t make the language something ridiculous to learn like C++.

I need to know what the TU music files(and possibly sound effects) are named, and when I do, I can start working. Maybe I can start working on the mod now! It won’t take long. The first one I’m going to try out is Mini-golf, because I love the Hole In One Music, it sounds like I accomplished something.

I just found it. Time to start working! ;3

UPDATE: Ooooo, I noticed the music are uassets files, not mp3 or wav. :stuck_out_tongue: might take a while…

UPDATE 2: Ok, I might be able to do it. Just in case I stuff up, i’m cloning the files im changing.

I already made a thread including a download link of all the sound effects and music which I extracted from GMod Tower, feel free to use it.

I don’t blame you if you didn’t notice the thread, because @macdguy set it to unlisted for some unknown reason. So as of right now it can only be accessed via link.

hueh, good luck with the rigging, it has been quite a pain in the ass for me to animate models

@Link I’m talking about the sounds and music.

@EnjoyCookies Thanks, but I think I have everything I need.

1 Like

I have been told by someone on my other thread, that it’s against the EULA to edit files. So i will have to find another way to make the mod, without editing the files