What community events do you guys wanna see?

Hey guys! As you all know, community is what makes Tower Unite. Now that I’m on the PixelTail team, I’d love to hear what you guys want to see in terms of community events on Discord, in-game, on the forums, etc. I’ve already mentioned Condo Contests, there’s one on the way soon. But I’m also thinking of doing streams, or maybe something fun and interactive on Discord. If you guys have any suggestions please post them below! ^^

27 Likes

Fan art contests, Golf tourney, Fishing competition, or Movie night?

20 Likes

Fan art contests sound awesome! Not sure how movie nights would work, with copyrights and stuff. Maybe if we watched something on YouTube like Shrek Retold. I’d love to see golf and fishing tourneys, I’ll note those down!

15 Likes

i second the fan art!

5 Likes

i would love to see a movie night
(im 99% sure there used to be a day where there would be cartoons playing in the theatre all day in GMT, love to see something like that return, would also help to try get the theatre achieves)

3 Likes

i think a unique one would to have a weekly event for people to show off their workshop player models
kinda like a fashion show, where maybe a straw poll at the end of the show can be given out to every one so they can vote for the best one.
and also just a generic weekly fancy dress day where people have to try and dress to a certain theme (like pirates, cowboys, cyberpunk and such)

these would allow for more use of workshop models and mix things up, and give reasons for people to try their best to make nice and or themed models

also there are certain days that could be celebrated in TU, like cat and dog day (dog day being the 26th of this month), where people are encouraged to dress up in a certain theme of that day (dog or cat hat and or player model)

2 Likes

Cakedays!

Either use the day a player started playing TU or have them input their actual birthday to get a little tag or hat beside their name for a day so everyone knows that they can sing them a song! (maybe even throw in a special cakeday only sale/gift…?!)

make it a toggle too for those people who are iffy about sharing that kind of stuff

5 Likes

i think a condo competition would be pretty neat, as i’ve seen a whole lot of amazing condos and creations. maybe there could be ones based on certain themes, too?

2 Likes

Gamemode tournaments maybe?

2 Likes

Good ideas! There’s some really great models out there, maybe a contest hosted on the forums would be good.

2 Likes

Awesome idea! The TU community is so wholesome, I think that’d work pretty well. Not sure how many people would actually play TU on their birthday though.

2 Likes

Talkshows? I mean we have “The Bone Zone” but how about a TU Talk Show related to TU only?

6 Likes

That’s the plan! :smiley:

ah, forgot to read the post lmao

2 Likes

I’ve had a quick look at some of the existing TU talk shows and they’re really cool. But in terms of official events, I think the devs’ Twitch streams fit that pretty well. I think we’d like to run more streams but it’s difficult because everyone has to pause work, get stuff ready to show off, etc.

6 Likes

i think a talkshow could work, maybe like
“This Month on Tower unite…”
it can talk about development progress, updates and event on TU related stuff
people can use it to keep up to date on TU related stuff
(maybe it could be made by someone in the TU community and if its good and accurate can be encouraged in the TU community)

1 Like

I have some ideas for condo Contest thingys:
Futuristic
Halloween
Christmas
Nature
Castle
Cardboard Contest (You can only Use cardboard box for your build, which is going to be chaotic and fun)
Catsack Universe (a condo filled with catsacks in normal situations)
Game-Related (make a condo based on games)
Condo-Only contests (you can only use one condo)
Ball-race Map Contest (Ball race Track Condo)

3 Likes

The devs already post weekly updates on their work, maybe I could summarise those every month and post them on the Twitter feed.

3 Likes

These are amazing, whoa! Thank you so much! <3

3 Likes

Condo contests definitely interest me. Other ideas are to limit a pallette or restrict contestants to only certain props or objects.

4 Likes